Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- You shall report to the Dean for all duties assigned to you.
- You shall act as officer & secretary to Faculty Board & its standing committees, i.e. take notes and minutes of meetings, prepare agendas & other paperwork as required, ensure follow-up on actions decided at the meeting and provide the Chairs of the designated meetings and committees with administrative support.
- You shall ensure adequate provisions for meetings, agenda, minutes, invitations and or reminders to participants, refreshments, and room bookings.
- You shall provide personal support to the Dean to carry out major Faculty management tasks, including programme monitoring, annual quality review & annual strategic planning.
- You shall assist in preparation, collection and collation of information as requested, using IT packages as appropriate, including database skills, word-processing and spreadsheets; and to process data of an administrative and financial nature.
- You shall provide oral and written administrative support to the Dean & other senior staff in the form of letters, e-mail, reports, schedules, meetings, phone calls, fax relating to students and/or relevant staff.
- You shall draft and proof read correspondence and assist in the compilation of reports, using IT packages as appropriate.
- You shall maintain a diary for the Dean & the Faculty, arranging appointments, receiving visitors and making necessary travel arrangements. Ensure that schedules & meeting deadlines are met in a timely manner, with appropriate paperwork as required.
- You shall keep a record of all documentation & electronic communication, such as programme specifications, student handbooks, exam scripts, course work, and other related Faculty documentation and ensure that they are archived for the regulation period of time.
- You shall assist the Dean & senior members of Faculty staff as directed.
- You shall perform all other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisor from time to time.
- Diploma in any field.
- Minimum 3-4 years working experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pro-active and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently as well as participate within the team.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, possess a mature attitude and a good team player.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and abilities.
Last Update: 04-Feb-2020