Faculty/Department: Group Finance Office
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
- Responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting including developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. Work with the supervisor to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all monthly financial information and year-end closing.
- Interface with regulators and supervise the preparation of regulatory returns, day-to-day handling of corporate tax, and ensure compliance with local authorities, accounting procedures and statutory regulations.
- Formulate, implement and manage approved accounting and administrative controls. Define and control general accounting information requirements and provide accounting guidance to operational divisions within the University.
- Develop SOPs relating to day-to-day operations to enhance work efficiencies.
- Assist the supervisor in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of all types of payable transactions.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Support the supervisor with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Support the supervisor to raise funds for project financing.
- Collaborate with other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- This position will require close contact with senior level management staff and the Board of Directors, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Supervise and manage the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Provide staff development plan for each direct report.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year, and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance staff professional development.
- Monitor and analyse department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining high level of accuracy.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Perform all other duties relating to the above that may be assigned by supervisor from time to time.
- Degree or professional qualification in accounting
- Minimum 15 years of working experience with 5 to 7 years of supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area
- Experienced in managing financial function of an organisation, including statutory tax, treasury and legal matters
- Strong analytical and reviewing skills, with the ability to provide support in reviewing projects opportunities for revenue and profit growth, as well as cost management
- Must be IT literate and have strong skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point presentation
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Pro-active and self-motivated, and possess a mature attitude with the ability to work independently and as a good team player
- Strong leadership, coaching and management skills with the ability to lead, motivate and grow a team of finance professionals
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Deadline: 30 Sep 2022 | Last Update: 21 Jun 2022