Faculty/Department: UCSI Hotels Sdn Bhd
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
- Provide quality food products for our guests and supports in achieving all goals designated by the Executive Chef.
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Recruit and hire staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor and overhead costs.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- At least Certificate or Diploma in Culinary.
- Must have strong culinary experience, knowledge of Japanese cuisines, their preparation and service.
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ working experience in kitchens that delivers Japanese cuisine, ideally in hotels or restaurant chains
- Able to instill safety and sanitation habits.
- Able to converse in English.
- Have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- People and customer oriented, motivator and self-starter.
- Team builder, displays initiative and creativity.
Last Update: 19-Apr-2021