Faculty/Department: UCSI International School Sdn Bhd (Cheras, Kuala Lumpur)
The Assistant Manager, Human Resources’ objective will be to support the company within every area of a company's human resources operations in consultation with the HR Director. In some areas, you will manage the project assigned.
The Assistant Manager, Human Resources & Administration’s objective will be to support the company within every area of a company's human resources operations in consultation with the VP, HR & Admin. In some areas, you will manage a project assigned. You shall also be responsible for administration related assignments given by your supervisor as well as to assist the school office/reception/collection when scheduled. You may also be the liaison for academic related matters with the government. The below is a reflection of the duties and responsibilities.
On-Boarding and Documentation
- Develop, plan and conduct on-boarding programme for new employees to ensure that they feel welcome and prepared in their new positions with confidence and enough resources to make an impact to the organization and to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives. The activities include:
- Prepare Staff Introduction Letter in order for new staff to open a bank account where necessary
- Liaise with Computer Services Department for email creation for new staff
- Create account for staff in IIS
- Prepare telephone extension list, duty schedule when applicable
- Ensure return of new staff checklist and any other HR forms for documentation
- Create new personal files
- Assist in opening bank accounts, EPF etc
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Plan, and work on all staff matters related to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as start date, teaching permit, employment pas, hire date, qualification, experience, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Ensure all information are up and maintained regularly in the IIS, website and the Employment Master; including removal and deactivation in cases of resignation etc.
- Resolve grievances or queries that any of the employees have. Escalate to the right level depending on the nature of the grievance or issue.
- Manage insurance and other Com & Ben related activities
- Ensure all recruitment is done timely and effectively
- Ensure quality of all candidates hired
- Manage hiring tracker and ensure they are up to date
HR Related Letters and HR Administrative Activities
- Ensure letters are given to staff, returned and filed in a timely manner. The letters include the following as well as other adhoc letters: transfers, salary adjustments, visa letters, staff status, appointments, promotions, etc.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork. Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, establishing personal networks and participating in seminars and trainings.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Handle and prepare documents required for MQA visits or other government visits
- Ensure payroll is accurate for monthly processing
- Ensure all recruitment is done timeline and to bring in quality candidates
- Advise outgoing employees on hand over procedure
- Execute tax clearance
- Conduct exit interviews
- Assist in matters pertaining to leave
- Carry out reception duties in the absence of the receptionist/admin staff, as and when necessary
- Communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources
- Have the knowledge of company insurance and the processes
- Provide feedback to the management to enhance a better and cordial working environment.
- Organise corporate events such as company dinner, corporate trip, family day etc.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Perform any other duties relating to the above as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
MOE/Employment Pass/Teaching Permits
Handle the whole process of getting the different passes, permits, licenses in related to the nature of the business; this includes MOE submissions and approvals, the expatriates’ employment pass and their dependent pass application and renewal, the registration of practicing license with for teaching permits etc.
- To manage all admin related projects and monitoring is accomplished
- To assist with reception/office counter for all admin work when necessary
- To perform other related administrative duties as may be assigned by your supervisor from time to time