Faculty/Department: Institute of Music
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
UCSI University’s Institute of Music is Malaysia’s premier music school in both the classical and contemporary fields. The Institute has empowered students to chart careers in music for more than 31 years and it is at the heart of the Malaysian music industry.
There is perhaps no other music school in Malaysia that is more constantly and consistently referred to than the Institute of Music. Much of this stems from the gold standard the Institute has set, both in academia and the industry. Many of the who’s who in the Malaysian music circle teach, once taught or studied at the Institute. Accomplished musicians from around the world are also part of the academic faculty. The Institute has opened doors for more than 770 students to date and it continues to do so for hundreds of aspiring musicians each year. Many students make their name while they are still studying and this is a hallmark the Institute is proud of.
The Institute of Music is ranked as the world’s top 20 music school in the 2022 QS World University Rankings By Subject for performing arts. The music school is acknowledged as one of Asia’s leading music schools and it actively collaborates with leading musicians, music schools, and conservatories around the world. This distinction complements the Institute’s efforts to promote music via social engagement. World-class concerts are held each year and the public is invited to these events, often at no charge.
Established in 1990, the Institute of Music is an independent unit of UCSI University that enjoys the autonomy to chart its own course and expansion.
- This position requires a commitment to teaching, research & scholarly activities and contribution to programme administration and management.
- Experienced as Cello instructor.
- At least a PhD degree in the areas of both the classical and contemporary fields or or any related field.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, possess a mature positive attitude, and a good team player.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and abilities.