|Approval Code||N/214/6/0206; 12/2022|
|Subject Area||Game Design|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
The Game Design programme introduces and equips students with artistic knowledge and technical skills that are related to game design. Students will explore the fundamentals starting from generating strong conceptual game arts, till the technical execution of building and running the game itself. The programme is structured to achieve the student’s potential development of concept, visual language, technical skills and personal expressions. Practical applications are strongly emphasised in the programme linking these with theory through critical reflection to build on work-related skills and academic knowledge. Students interested in gaming will have the opportunity to try their hands at designing their own games.
Assignments, final projects, quizzes, tests, presentations, mid-term and final exams.
- With portfolio assessment if candidate does not have a pass in art related courses in SPM
**Equivalency of qualification in accordance to Malaysian Qualification Agency Standards
- IELTS minimum Band 5.0
- TOEFL (Paper based) minimum score 500
- TOEFL (Internet based) minimum score 40
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) minimum score 180
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) minimum score 180
- Pearson Test of English minimum score 42
- MUET minimum Band 3
- In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but which are not conducted in English, are required to sit for the English Placement Test, which may result in the taking of the Certificate in English programme (1 to 10 months). Students who intend to pursue the above undergraduate programme directly, are advised to fulfil the above English requirements prior to commencing their studies at the University.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
The graduates are equipped and ready for the industry in the areas of:
- Game Studio
- Multimedia Lab
- Animation Studio
- Post-production House
- Visualisation Studio
- E-sports Company
- Art History
- Life Drawing
- Graphic and Image Editing
- Basic Photography
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Drawing for Animation*
- Fundamentals of Game Art
- Traditional Animation
- Principles of Gameplay
- Studio Based Learning*
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Concept Art for Game*
- Mobile Game Designing and Development 1
- Game Modeling and Texturing 1
- Game Level Design
- Character Animation
- Religions in Malaysia (MPU-U3)
- Practical Training*
- Extra Curricular Learning Experiences 2* (MPU-U4)
Elective: Choose One
- Design for Motion Graphics*
- Digital Animation Production*
- Brand Design Campaign
- Video Production I *
- Game Interface Design
- Mobile Game Designing and Development 2*
- Game Project 1*
- Research Project
- Game Modeling and Texturing 2
- Game Project 2*
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 3* (MPU-U4)
- Industry Placement*
- Dynamics & Effects
- Information and Environmental Design
- Design for Industry
- Digital Visual Presentation
Subject with * has pre-requisite subject to complete.
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.