|Approval Code||N/214/6/0206; 12/2022|
|Subject Area||Game Design|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
The Game Design programme introduces and equips students with artistic knowledge and technical skills that are related to game design. Students will explore the fundamentals starting from generating strong conceptual game arts, till the technical execution of building and running the game itself. The programme is structured to achieve the student’s potential development of concept, visual language, technical skills and personal expressions. Practical applications are strongly emphasised in the programme linking these with theory through critical reflection to build on work-related skills and academic knowledge. Students interested in gaming will have the opportunity to try their hands at designing their own games.
Assignments, final projects, quizzes, tests, presentations, mid-term and final exams.
- With portfolio assessment if candidate does not have a pass in art related courses in SPM
**Equivalency of qualification in accordance to Malaysian Qualification Agency Standards
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
For Local Students (Diploma and Degree)
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English Language; or a minimum grade of C in SPM English Language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or a minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 of MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum Band 3 in MUET (Malaysian University English Test); or a minimum Band 5.0 in IELTS; or a minimum score of 500 in TOEFL (Paper based); or a minimum score of 40 in TOEFL (Internet based); or a minimum score of 180 in Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE); or a minimum score of 180 in Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE); or a minimum score of 42 in Pearson Test of English.
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
The graduates are equipped and ready for the industry in the areas of:
- Game Studio
- Multimedia Lab
- Animation Studio
- Post-production House
- Visualisation Studio
- E-sports Company
- Art History
- Life Drawing
- Graphic and Image Editing
- Basic Photography
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Drawing for Animation*
- Fundamentals of Game Art
- Traditional Animation
- Principles of Gameplay
- Studio Based Learning*
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Concept Art for Game*
- Mobile Game Designing and Development 1
- Game Modeling and Texturing 1
- Game Level Design
- Character Animation
- Religions in Malaysia (MPU-U3)
- Practical Training*
- Extra Curricular Learning Experiences 2* (MPU-U4)
Elective: Choose One
- Design for Motion Graphics*
- Digital Animation Production*
- Brand Design Campaign
- Video Production I *
- Game Interface Design
- Mobile Game Designing and Development 2*
- Game Project 1*
- Research Project
- Game Modeling and Texturing 2
- Game Project 2*
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 3* (MPU-U4)
- Industry Placement*
- Dynamics & Effects
- Information and Environmental Design
- Design for Industry
- Digital Visual Presentation
Subject with * has pre-requisite subject to complete.
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.