|Approval Code||R/214/6/0106; 04/2024|
|Subject Area||Graphic Design|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
The Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design embraces a philosophy that respects the lineage of design while keeping in mind the demanding needs of design for tomorrow’s industry. Focusing on conceptual problem-solving, creativity, formal design and even cutting-edge design for multimedia, the programme’s curriculum revolves around the practice of design. This is backed by our Design Philosophy – one that advocates transcending the boundaries of innovation.
*Pass Portfolio Assessment.
*Equivalency of qualification in accordance to Malaysian Qualification Agency Standards
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
For Local Students (Diploma and Degree)
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English Language; or a minimum grade of C in SPM English Language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or a minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 of MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum Band 3 in MUET (Malaysian University English Test); or a minimum Band 5.0 in IELTS; or a minimum score of 500 in TOEFL (Paper based); or a minimum score of 40 in TOEFL (Internet based); or a minimum score of 180 in Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE); or a minimum score of 180 in Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE); or a minimum score of 42 in Pearson Test of English.
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
The graduates are equipped and ready for the industry in the areas of:
- Advertising Agencies
- Multimedia Labs
- Design Studios
- Desktop Publishers
- Photography Studios
- Corporate Art Departments
- Television Network Stations
- Packaging Companies
- Art History
- Life Drawing
- Graphic and Image Editing
- Packaging & Display Design
- Visual Communication
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Typography 1
- Basic Photography
- Brand Design & Campaign
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Extra-Curricular Learning Experiences 1 (MPU-U4)
- Film Studies
- Introduction to Advertising
- Introduction to Public Speaking
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Design and Layout
- Typography 2
- Web Design
- Information & Environmental Design
- Multimedia Design 1
- Design for Industry
- Religions in Malaysia (MPU-U3)
- Proposal Writing
- Digital Visual Presentation
- Practical Training
- Extra Curricular Learning Experiences 2 (MPU-U4)
- Customer Communication
- Multimedia Design 2
- Design Major Project 1
- Research Project
- Intellectual Properties
- Design Major Project 2
- Extra-Curricular Learning Experiences 3 (MPU-U4)
- Industry Placement
- Design for Motion Graphic
- Media Planning & Management
- Integrated Marketing Comm.
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via BA (Hons) Graphic Design
|BA (Hons) Graphic Design||2+1 / 1+2||Middlesex University||United Kingdom||£ 9250|
|BA (Hons) Graphic Design / Animation / Graphic Design & Animation / Photography||1+2||University of Huddersfield||United Kingdom||£ 9250|
|BA (Hons) Graphic Design||1+2 / 2+1||University of Hertfordshire||United Kingdom|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.