|Approval Code||R/214/6/0106; 04/2024|
|Subject Area||Graphic Design|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
The Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design embraces a philosophy that respects the lineage of design while keeping in mind the demanding needs of design for tomorrow’s industry. Focusing on conceptual problem-solving, creativity, formal design and even cutting-edge design for multimedia, the programme’s curriculum revolves around the practice of design. This is backed by our Design Philosophy – one that advocates transcending the boundaries of innovation.
*MUET Band 1 is required.
*Pass Portfolio Assessment.
*Equivalency of qualification in accordance to Malaysian Qualification Agency Standards
- IELTS minimum Band 5.0
- TOEFL (Paper based) minimum score 500
- TOEFL (Internet based) minimum score 40
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) minimum score 180
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) minimum score 180
- Pearson Test of English minimum score 42
- MUET minimum Band 3
- In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but which are not conducted in English, are required to sit for the English Placement Test, which may result in the taking of the Certificate in English programme (1 to 10 months). Students who intend to pursue the above undergraduate programme directly, are advised to fulfil the above English requirements prior to commencing their studies at the University.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
The graduates are equipped and ready for the industry in the areas of:
- Advertising Agencies
- Multimedia Labs
- Design Studios
- Desktop Publishers
- Photography Studios
- Corporate Art Departments
- Television Network Stations
- Packaging Companies
- Art History
- Life Drawing
- Graphic and Image Editing
- Packaging & Display Design
- Visual Communication
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Typography 1
- Basic Photography
- Brand Design & Campaign
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Extra-Curricular Learning Experiences 1 (MPU-U4)
- Film Studies
- Introduction to Advertising
- Introduction to Public Speaking
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Design and Layout
- Typography 2
- Web Design
- Information & Environmental Design
- Multimedia Design 1
- Design for Industry
- Religions in Malaysia (MPU-U3)
- Proposal Writing
- Digital Visual Presentation
- Practical Training
- Extra Curricular Learning Experiences 2 (MPU-U4)
- Customer Communication
- Multimedia Design 2
- Design Major Project 1
- Research Project
- Intellectual Properties
- Design Major Project 2
- Extra-Curricular Learning Experiences 3 (MPU-U4)
- Industry Placement
- Design for Motion Graphic
- Media Planning & Management
- Integrated Marketing Comm.
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via BA (Hons) Graphic Design
|BA (Hons) Graphic Design||2+1 / 1+2||Middlesex University||United Kingdom||£ 9250|
|BA (Hons) Graphic Design / Animation / Graphic Design & Animation / Photography||1+2||University of Huddersfield||United Kingdom||£ 9250|
|BA (Hons) Graphic Design||1+2 / 2+1||University of Hertfordshire||United Kingdom|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.