|Approval Code||R/214/6/0113; 06/2024|
|Subject Area||Multimedia Design|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
With the Bachelor of Arts in Multimedia Design from UCSI University, graduates will be equipped with the required knowledge and industry-relevant skills to set the new standard of visuals, interaction and experience in the cutting edge multimedia design world. Covering multiple forms of media, the curriculum includes visualising and creating content, brand and messages through imagery and animation. The wide range of topics covered is ideal for students who want an edge in making an impact in today’s ever changing digital world.
*Equivalency of qualification in accordance to Malaysian Qualification Agency Standards
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
For Local Students (Diploma and Degree)
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English Language; or a minimum grade of C in SPM English Language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or a minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 of MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum Band 3 in MUET (Malaysian University English Test); or a minimum Band 5.0 in IELTS; or a minimum score of 500 in TOEFL (Paper based); or a minimum score of 40 in TOEFL (Internet based); or a minimum score of 180 in Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE); or a minimum score of 180 in Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE); or a minimum score of 42 in Pearson Test of English.
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
The graduates are equipped and ready for the industry in the areas of:
- Advertising Agencies
- Multimedia Labs
- Design Studios
- Corporate Art Departments
- Television Network Stations
- Animation House
- Art History
- Life Drawing
- Graphic and Image Editing
- Visual Communication
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Typography 1
- Basic Photography
- Traditional Animation
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Extra-Curricular Learning Experiences 1* (MPU-U4)
- Drawing for Animation
- Film Studies
- Introduction to Public Speaking
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Design and Layout*
- Web Design
- Digital Visual Presentation
- Multimedia Design 1
- Post Production
- Typography 2*
- Proposal Writing
- Design for Motion Graphics
- Religions in Malaysia (MPU-U3)
- Practical Training*
- Extra-Curricular Learning Experiences 2* (MPU-U4)
- Digital Animation Production
- Video Production 1
- Design for Industry
- Multimedia Design 2*
- Multimedia Project 1*
- Compositing & Visual Effects
- Research Project
- Multimedia Project 2*
- Extra-Curricular Learning Experiences 3* (MPU-U4)
- Industry Placement*
- Intellectual Properties
- Creative Problem Solving
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via BA (Hons) Multimedia Design
|BA (Hons) Digital Media Design||2+1||University of Hertfordshire||United Kingdom|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.