An accounting degree opens doors to almost any pathway in business with its strong emphasis on essential subjects such as marketing, business, economics, law, financial management, and taxation. This well-rounded programme will provide you with the key financial and accounting skills that are highly sought after by employers..., as well as business and management expertise to help you navigate today’s complex business landscape.
Graduates will gain entry into the professional level of ACCA and CPA Australia. This course will also equip graduates to pursue further professional qualifications with CFA, CFP, CIMA, ICAEW, MIA and RFP, among others.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2020. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
The assessment includes a combination of examinations, projects and assignments, and finally a requirement to complete a dissertation in Independent Project in the final year. Students will acquire up-to-date vocational skills that are relevant and competitive. This reflects the complex and challenging nature of the accounting, finance and business realms.
For the latest issues in Accounting from MIA (Malaysian Institute of Accountants), please access their e-magazine, e-Accountants Today, at https://www.at-mia.my/
UCSI Foundation year
Minimum CGPA of 2.50, and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level
Pass, with a minimum C+ grades (CGPA 2.33) in any two subjects, and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level
Minimum 2 D grades
Minimum 5 credits (B6) including Mathematics and a Pass in English
Minimum CGPA of 2.50, and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level
International Baccalaureate (IB)
Minimum score of 26 points in 6 subjects
Minimum average of 60% in 6 subjects
Minimum average of 60% in 5 subjects
Other qualifications deemed equivalent to STPM/A-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Minimum overall average of 60%
Minimum CGPA 2.50
Other equivalent qualifications
To be reviewed by the faculty on a case-to-case basis
Note (Source: Surat Pekeliling MQA Bil 1/2016):
The terms of credit in Mathematics at SPM level for the candidate with STPM, STAM or Matriculation/Foundation qualification can be exempted if the candidate obtained Mathematics and its achievement is equivalent or higher than the required credit of Mathematics at the SPM level.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM English LanguageGrade B+
SPM English Language 1119/O-Level/IGCSEGrade C
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
- If the English Language requirement is not met, student may be required to take an additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate program based on the University’s decision.
For International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests160
Pearson Test of English51
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirements will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00929).
- Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and/or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking additional English proficiency courses.
- Fundamental of Management
- Introductory Accounting
- Statistics and Its Application
- Fundamental of Marketing
- Management Accounting 1
- Business Communication
- Business Modelling and Spreadsheet
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Business Law - Malaysian Perspective (MPU-U3)
Other MPU-U3 equivalent courses (MPU-U3)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 1
- Business Law
- Accounting Information Systems
- Financial Management 1
- Financial Accounting 1
- Business Research Methods
- Management Accounting 2
- Taxation 1
- Financial Accounting 2
- Company Law
- Financial Management 2
- Management Ethics
- Financial Accounting 3
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 2 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 2
- Auditing 1
- Financial Research Project A
- Taxation 2
- International Business
- Financial Research Project B
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Internet In Practice
- Strategic Management
- Accounting Theory and Practice
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Auditing 2
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 3 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 3
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
Accounting is a specialised discipline that provides an ideal platform for a career in the field of Accountancy and Finance. Accountants and Auditors is ranked Top 10 as a recession proof jobs in the market. Accountants and auditors are expected to experience much faster than average employment growth in near future. Potential careers of graduates include the following sectors:
- Financial Analysis
- Budget Analysis
- Management Accounting
- Strategic Business Consultancy
Chartered Tax Institute of MalaysiaExempted from 7 papers out of 10 papers
Certified Practising AccountantExempted from 6 papers out of 12 papers
Chartered Institute of Management AccountantsExempted from 7 papers out of 16 papers
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)Exempted from 4 papers out of 15 papers
The Chartered Institute of Public Finance & AccountancyExempted from 6 papers out of 12 papers
Association of Chartered Certified AccountantsExempted from 9 papers out of 14 papers
ACCA accelerate programme
We are the first seven universities in Malaysia which has a partnership with ACCA Accelerated Programme (AAP). Our students are not only eligible for exemptions for all the 9 Foundation papers but also entitle to enjoy the AAP benefits mention below.
|B Commerce Major: Accounting / Business Information Systems / Finance||1.5+1.5||University of Queensland||Australia||AUD 38200|
|BSc (Hons) International Accounting (Top-up)||2+1||University of Northampton||United Kingdom||£ 11700|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.