In line with the Faculty’s innovative approach where traditional business courses are redesigned to provide students with the career mobility to tap into the growing finance industry, this is a unique programme that adds a finance edge to the popular accounting degree.... Learners will be equipped with important accounting and financial knowledge to succeed in either the accounting or finance world.
Graduates will gain entry into the professional level of ACCA and CPA Australia. This course will also equip graduates to pursue further professional qualifications with CFA, CFP, CIMA, ICAEW, MIA, RFP, etc. Relevant electives may be taken to maximise exemptions.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2020. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
The assessment includes a combination of examinations, projects and assignments, and finally a requirement to complete a dissertation in Independent Project in the final year. Students will acquire up-to-date vocational skills that are relevant and competitive. This reflects the complex and challenging nature of the accounting, finance and business realms.
For the latest issues in Accounting from MIA (Malaysian Institute of Accountants), please access their e-magazine, e-Accountants Today, at https://www.at-mia.my/
UCSI Foundation year
Minimum CGPA of 2.5, and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level
Pass, with a minimum C+ grades (CGPA 2.33) in any two subjects, and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level
Minimum 2 D grades
Minimum 5 credits (B6) including Mathematics and a Pass in English
Minimum CGPA of 2.50, and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level
International Baccalaureate (IB)
Minimum score of 26 points in 6 subjects
Minimum average of 60% in 6 subjects
Minimum average of 60% in 5 subjects
Other qualifications deemed equivalent to STPM/A-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Minimum overall average of 60%
Minimum CGPA 2.50
Other equivalent qualifications
To be reviewed by the faculty on a case-to-case basis
Note (Source: Surat Pekeliling MQA Bil 1/2016):
The terms of credit in Mathematics at SPM level for the candidate with STPM, STAM or Matriculation/Foundation qualification can be exempted if the candidate obtained Mathematics and its achievement is equivalent or higher than the required credit of Mathematics at the SPM level.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM English LanguageGrade B+
SPM English Language 1119/O-Level/IGCSEGrade C
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
- if the English Language requirement is not met, student may be required to take an additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate program based on the University’s decision.
For International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests160
Pearson Test of English51
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirements will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00929).
- Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and/or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking additional English proficiency courses.
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Introductory Accounting
- Statistics and Its Application
- Business Information System
- Management Accounting 1
- Business Communication
- Financial Reporting Standards
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Business Law - Malaysian Perspective (MPU-U3)/ Other MPU-U3 equivalent courses (MPU-U3)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 1
- Business Law
- Management Science
- Capital Financing and Investment
- Corporate Accounts
- Business Research Methods
- Management Accounting 2
- Taxation 1
- Company Law
- Advanced Corporate Accounts
- Corporate Finance
- Management Ethics
- Business Modelling and Spreadsheet
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 2 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 2
Elective 1 (Choose Two)
- One to One Marketing
- Auditing 1
- Internet in Practice
- Financial Research Project A
- Strategic Financial Management
- International Business
- Financial Research Project B
- Multinational Finance
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Information Systems Management
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 3 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 3
Elective 2 (Choose Two)
- Strategic Marketing
- Auditing 2
- Taxation 2
- Issues in Business
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
A graduate of this programme would have acquired the necessary basic, integrated and applied skills tailored for a career in accounting and finance. The integration of Accounting, Finance and Business courses also makes this a suitable programme for an individual who wishes to embark on a high-flying career in the corporate world. Potential careers of graduates include the following sectors:
- Financial Consultant
- Stock Broking
- Fund Manager
- Strategic Business Consultancy
Chartered Tax Institute of MalaysiaExempted from 7 papers out of 10 papers
Certified Practising AccountantExempted from 6 papers out of 12 papers
Chartered Institute of Management AccountantsExempted from 7 papers out of 16 papers
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)Exempted from 4 papers out of 15 papers
The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI)Complete 6 levels to become a Chartered Fellow
The Chartered Institute of Public Finance & AccountancyExempted from 6 papers out of 12 papers
Association of Chartered Certified AccountantsExempted from 9 papers out of 14 papers
ACCA accelerate programme
We are the first seven universities in Malaysia which has a partnership with ACCA Accelerated Programme (AAP). Our students are not only eligible for exemptions for all the 9 Foundation papers but also entitle to enjoy the AAP benefits mention below.