The programme seeks to produce graduates who can demonstrate competency in applying the theoretical and practical knowledge of sustainable and responsible management in international business transactions; practise the global business profession based on sound principles and ethics with consideration of sustainable practices; and demonstrate communication and leadership skills while recognising the need for life-long learning for successful career development.
1)Most global businesses are honing to apply sustainable business practices that would help them secure the long-term prosperity of the company, and also build better relations with stakeholders across the board.
2)The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and problems caused by climate change, resource depletion, and population growth have increased the pressure on governments to take legal measures to ensure businesses work towards meeting certain sustainability targets, making the topic of sustainability more pertinent than ever before in the arena of global business.
This programme prepares students to acquire knowledge and skills to balance the management of financial, social, and environmental risks with obligations and opportunities - with the long-term in mind and making decisions that will not only benefit the global business and its stakeholders now, but that will also ensure positive effects in the future.
Pass with minimum grade C (GPA 2.0) in any 2 subjects and pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level, or equivalent; OR
Pass with minimum grade of Jayyid and pass in Mathematics or English at SPM level; OR
Diploma or Advanced Diploma
(Level 4, MQF) with at least CGPA of 2.0
Minimum CGPA 2.0 or equivalent; OR
Pass with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects and pass in Mathematics and English.
Other qualification deemed equivalent by Government of Malaysia
The requirement to pass Mathematics and English at SPM level in first and second items can be waived
should the qualifications contain Mathematics and English subjects with equivalent/higher achievement.
English Language Requirements
For local student:
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade B+ in SPM English Language; or minimum grade C in SPM English Language 1119/ O-Level English/IGCSE; or minimum grade of A2 in UEC English Language; or minimum Band 3 in MUET.
- In the event the English Language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
For international student:
- English language competency requirements are as follows: CEFR Low B2; IELTS: 5.5; MUET- BAND 3; TOEFL iBT: 46; Pearson test of English: 51; Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests: 160.
- International applicants who do not meet the English Language requirements will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00929) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and/or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking additional English proficiency courses.
- Business Accounting
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Fundamentals of Management
- Statistics and Its Application
- Organisational Behaviour
- Managing People
- Management Ethics
- Introduction to International Business
- Sustainability in Business
- International Trade
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Sustainable Business and Innovation
- Environmental Communication in Business
- Information System for Sustainability
- Sustainable Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Business Research Methods
- Operations Management
- Co-Operative Placement I
- Multinational Finance
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- Issues in International Business
- Economics in Society and Sustainability
- System Thinking for Sustainable Development in Business
- Case Studies in Sustainable Business
- Research Project
- Co-Operative Placement II
Electives (choose 4)
- International Business Negotiations
- Business Emerging Markets
- Import and Export Management and Practice
- Sun Tzu Arts’ of War in Business Strategies
- Sustainable Finance
- Sustainability Manager
- Sustainable Business and Innovation Manager
- Multinational Manager
- Business Development Manager
Programme Learning Outcomes
1. Evaluate theories and concepts in sustainable business practices within the domain of international business transactions.
2. Communicate creative and innovative ideas effectively.
3. Apply critical thinking skills for decision making.
4. Display innovative entrepreneurship skills for career development.
5. Demonstrate leadership, teamwork, communication and social skills in accordance with ethical and legal practices.
6. Apply the skills and principles of lifelong learning in academic and career development.