|Approval Code||R2/340/8/0877; 07/2024|
|Subject Area||Business Administration|
|Course Mode||Full-time / Part-time|
|Course Duration||Minimum 3 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
Designed for senior management-level staff, the UCSI University DBA programme emphasises contemporary management thinking and substantial applied research projects that will help learners advance their career to the next level.
As a professional doctorate, the programme aims to provide management professionals and practitioners with extensive opportunities to reﬂect upon that add value to their experiences and expertise.
Through structured interactions with the faculty and a select group of dedicated colleagues from diverse industries and backgrounds, learners will also enhance their personal and leadership skills while extending their business networking abilities.
UCSI University's DBA is a three-year programme with a trimester offering. Each semester lasts 14 weeks.
The objectives of the UCSI University DBA programme are:
- Extend and build upon past experiences together with academic attainments to map each individual's professional management career.
- Intensify and apply participants' managerial skills, capabilities and competencies to effectively confront challenges in the global business environment.
- Develop strategic understanding and interest in local, regional and global developments impinging upon business and management.
- Internalise individual behaviour that encourages and motivates lifelong learning, self-development, growth and leadership.
- Enhance individual management and problem-solving capabilities by applying cognitive skills that are embedded within the extensive research exposure involved in the DBA programme.
- Develop broad and perceptive understanding of the business and management knowledge in the contemporary business environment.
- Appreciate the potential value of applied research in the practice of management.
- Capacity to contribute to knowledge that would enhance the quality of professional management performance.
- Capabilities in managing personal development, personal effectiveness, growth and leadership competencies through critical self-reflection.
The UCSI University DBA programme provides students with relevant, interesting and stimulating experiences via a variety of innovative teaching and learning techniques. The dynamic learning process involves various methods. Methodology and pedagogy varies to include: lectures, case methods, team-based approach, active learning, group research assignments, report writing, guest speakers, presentations and seminars. Furthermore, the small class size creates a collaborative, highly-interpersonal environment for graduate business and management education.
The first seven courses are assessed differently from the final DBA thesis course. For each, a series of coursework assessment will be adopted including class participation, individual presentation and written assignment.
The DBA thesis course would be supervised by a designated DBA supervisor appointed by UCSI University. The length of the thesis will be approximately 50,000 words. The thesis would be examined by 1 internal examiner and two external examiners with viva-voce.
Depending on your progress, you will be ready for the postgraduate colloquium where you will have the opportunity to present your work to your peers and other stakeholders during your second or third year.
UCSI University DBA graduates are equipped with transferable skills such as academic achievements (knowledge learned from the classroom – theoretical and applied), organisational and communication skills, analytical skills, commitment, practical, maturity, decisiveness, intellectual creativity, capacity for hard work, group dynamic skills (teamwork, leadership, ability to motivate others), research / project management skills, and cross-cultural awareness (working with fellow students from different nationalities and background), etc. that would translate into employableb skills for spearheading their careers.
Career opportunities for the UCSI University DBA candidate include dynamic and challenging managerial tasks such as decision-making and problem-solving, critical and analytical thinking, strong business acumen and effective time-management skills. DBA graduates have a wide choice of career opportunities spanning across various industries such as banking and financial services, international trade, shared services and outsourcing, engineering, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), Employment, Research and Development, Information Technology and others. UCSI University DBA graduates may be employed as senior executives or hold a senior management position such as a Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Managing Director / Executive Director, General Manager, Vice President of Operations, Business Analyst, Business Development Manager, Project Manager, Accounting Manager, Research and Development Engineer, Lecturer, and Finance Manager / Analyst among others.
- Understanding and Appreciating Research
- Research Methodology
- Entrepreneurship, Creativity & Innovation
- Leadership and Organisational Change
- Global Management and Business Issues
- Global Corporate Strategy
- Organisational Behaviour
- Postgraduate Colloquium
- DBA Thesis
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.