The Diploma in Graphic Design provides students with a solid foundation in art and design, placing specific emphasis on graphic design. The programme focuses on equipping students with industry-related skills and technical knowledge to produce static visuals that communicate with their intended target markets.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2022. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
Presentations, quizzes, tests, mid-term exams, final year exams, folio and assignments, among others.
Minimum THREE (3) Credits
Minimum Grade C in THREE (3) Subjects
Minimum Grade C in TWO (2) Subjects (GP 2.00)
Minimum Grade D in TWO (2) Subjects
Minimum Grade B in THREE (3) Subjects
SKM Level 3 in related field. Pass in SPM with 1 Credit
Minimum 3 pieces of artwork are required for review
Other Equivalent Qualification
Which are recognised by the Malaysian Government
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM English LanguageGrade B+
SPM English Language 1119/O-Level/IGCSEGrade C
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
For International Students
Pearson Test of English36
TOEFL IBT30 - 31
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)140
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- Fundamental of Drawing 1
- Fundamental of Painting
- Principles of Design
- History of Art and Design
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 1 (MPU-U4)
- Fundamental of Drawing II
- Study Skills & Employability (MPU-U2)
- Design Communication
- Business Communication
- Editorial Design
- Print Production
- Digital Photography
- Brand Communication Design
- Packaging & Display Design
- Marketing & Consumer Behaviour
- Digital Multimedia Design
- Design Contextual Studies
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 2 (MPU-U4)
- Promotional Design Campaign
- Motion Graphics
- Corporate Literature
- Interactive Web Technology
- Business Law – Malaysian Perspective
- Portfolio Project
- Ideation & Innovation
- Appreciation of Ethics and Civilisations
(Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban)
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
(Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2)
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
Graduates of this programme are able to ﬁnd career opportunities in the following:
- Advertising Agencies
- Multimedia Labs
- Design Studios
- Corporate Art Departments
- Television Network Stations
- Animation Houses