|Approval Code||R/213/4/0115; 04/2023|
|Subject Area||Graphic Design|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
The Diploma in Graphic Design provides students with a solid foundation in art and design, placing specific emphasis on Graphic Design. The programme focuses on equipping students with industry-related skills and technical knowledge to produce static visuals that communicate with their intended target markets.
Presentations, quizzes, tests, mid-term exams, final year exams, folio and assignments, among others.
*Pass Portfolio Assessment.
- IELTS minimum Band 5.0
- TOEFL (Paper based) minimum score 500
- TOEFL (Internet based) minimum score 40
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) minimum score 180
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) minimum score 180
- Pearson Test of English minimum score 42
- MUET minimum Band 2
- In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but which are not conducted in English, are required to sit for the English Placement Test, which may result in the taking of the Certificate in English programme (1 to 10 months). Students who intend to pursue the above undergraduate programme directly, are advised to fulfil the above English requirements prior to commencing their studies at the University.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
Graduates of this programme are able to ﬁnd career opportunities in the following:
- Advertising Agencies
- Multimedia Labs
- Design Studios
- Corporate Art Departments
- Television Network Stations
- Animation Houses
- Fundamental of Drawing 1
- Fundamental of Painting
- Principles of Design
- History of Art and Design
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 1 (MPU-U4)
- Fundamental of Drawing II
- Study Skills & Employability (MPU-U2)
- Design Communication
- Business Communication
- Editorial Design
- Print Production
- Digital Photography
- Brand Communication Design
- Packaging & Display Design
- Marketing & Consumer Behaviour
- Digital Multimedia Design
- Design Contextual Studies
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 2 (MPU-U4)
- Promotional Design Campaign
- Motion Graphics
- Corporate Literature
- Interactive Web Technology
- Business Law – Malaysian Perspective
- Portfolio Project
- Ideation & Innovation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.