Diploma in Accounting addresses the basic accounting principles and practices for accounting in different types of business organisations as well as non-profit organisations. Besides specialising in financial accounting, this programme also equips students with knowledge and skills in management accounting, taxation, audit, and computerised accounting, which are necessary for a career in accounting.... Essential knowledge in business is covered in core courses such as finance, management, marketing and entrepreneurship. From this programme, there are options for students in taking the next step, to pursue a bachelor’s degree, or any professional qualification, or enter the work environment.
Pass SPM with minimum 3 credits (C) including Mathematics
Pass UEC with minimum 3 credits (B)
Minimum 1 principal (C)
Minimum 2 Principals
Computing Related Certificate SKM, SKK (MQF Level 3)
Pass Level 3 and pass SPM with at least 1 credit
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM English LanguageGrade B+
SPM English Language 1119/O-Level/IGCSEGrade C
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
TOEFL iBTGrade 42
For International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests154
Pearson Test of English47
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirements will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00929).
- Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and/or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking additional English proficiency courses.
- Fundamentals of Management
- Financial Accounting 1
- Introduction to Finance
- Introduction to Business Communication
- Financial Accounting 2
- Basics and Practices of Marketing
- Business Mathematics
- Computing Studies
- Introduction to Statistics
- Business Law
- Fundamentals of Organisational Behaviour
- Personal Financial Planning
- Basic Taxation
- Cost and Management Accounting 1
- Financial Accounting 3
- Company Law
- Audit 1
- Introduction to Financial Markets
- Principles of Business Ethics
- Financial Accounting 4
- Cost and Management Accounting 2
- Accounting Information Systems and Applications
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Audit 2
- Co-Operative Placement
- Appreciation of Ethics and Civilizations
(Penghayatan Etika and Peradaban)
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
(Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2)
- Accounts Executive
- Assistant Accountant
- Tax Assistant
- Junior Auditor
- Junior Financial Analyst
- Assistant Bank Officer