The Diploma in Finance is designed to address the Subject Listing evolving and challenging demands of the finance sector. It takes into account the fundamentals of the financial techniques and equips students with the needed skills and knowledge needed to thrive. This programme incorporates innovative teaching and learning methodologies that exposes students with the latest insights on equity investments, financial management and taxation, among others. As students develop the prowess in this area, taking the next step to either pursue a degree programme or venturing into the working environment will become seamless.
The assessment includes a combination of examinations, projects and assignments. Students will acquire up-to-date finance technical skills that are relevant and competitive. This reflects the complex and challenging nature of finance and business realms.
3 credits or 3 Grade (Cs) including Mathematics and pass in English
Minimum 3 Grade Bs including Mathematics and pass in English
Grade (C) (CGPA2.0) in any subject; credit in Mathematics and pass in English at SPM level
Minimum Grade D in any one subject
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM English LanguageGrade B+
SPM English Language 1119/O-Level/IGCSEGrade C
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
TOEFL iBTGrade 42
- Applicants who have an academic qualification from a higher learning institution which uses English Language as a medium of instruction can be granted an exemption from the University English requirements and MQA requirement.
For International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests154
Pearson Test of English47
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirements will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00929).
- Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and/or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking additional English proficiency courses.
- Pengajian Malaysia (Malaysian) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (International)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience
- Fundamentals of Management
- Introduction to Financial Market
- Basic and Practices of Marketing
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Business Communication for Diploma
- Business Law (Malaysian Perspective)
- Business Ethics
- Introduction to Statistics
- Entrepreneurship for Diploma
- Introduction to Office Tools
- Organisation Behaviour for Diploma
- Introduction to Financial Management
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A (if applicable only)*
- Basic Islamic Banking and Finance
- Extracurricular Learning Experience
- Cost and Management Accounting for Diploma
- Introductory to Banking
- Intermediate to Financial Management
- Fundamental of Investment
- Personal Financial Planning
- Fundamental of Equity Investments
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Principle of Corporate Finance
- Introduction to Risk Management
- Cooperative Placement
# Elective Choose any TWO
- Auditing Theory and Practice
- Basic Taxation
- Global Banking
- Intermediate Islamic Banking and Finance
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
Upon the completion of the Diploma in Finance, graduates will achieve strong financial knowledge and technical skills in the business and financial industry. The job scope is as follows:
- Finance Officer
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Planner
- Securities Broker
- Investment Banker