Students of this programme will gain a thorough academic and clinical preparation in nursing. With an emphasis on the art of caring for patients with a variety of health problems, this programme paves a strong foundation in basic sciences and nursing theories. Students will acquire solid skills in treating, rehabilitating and educating patients..., their families and communities and upon graduation, be poised to become knowledgeable, competent and compassionate assets to the healthcare profession.
The programme is recognised by the Malaysian Nursing Board (MNB) and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), and has a 100% passing rate for the Malaysian Nursing Board examinations.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2020. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
**UCSI Hospital is scheduled to be opened soon in Bandar Springhill. Among others, it will house the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Course work and written examinations.
Minimum Entry Requirement
Minimum Entry Requirement
For Malaysian Candidates:
For International Candidates:
Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or *equivalent with five (5) credits:
Mandatory credits in:
Either one (1) of the credit below:
Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or *equivalent with five (5) subjects (minimum Grade C):
Either one (1) credit in the following subjects:
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credits - 'A+' to 'C'
SPM Passes - 'D' to 'E'
O-Level Credits - 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credits - 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM Principals - 'A' to 'C'
A-Level - 'A' to 'C'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students :
- ALL Malaysian students must have credits in Bahasa Melayu at SPM level for admission into Nursing Programmes.
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English language; or minimum grade of C in SPM English language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 in MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
For International Students :
- ALL International students must have English requirements: IELTS Band 5.5; OR TOEFL 550 (Written-based), 215 (Computer-based), 80 (internet-based).
- Therapeutic Communication Skills
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology I
- Introduction to Professional Nursing
- Basic Microbiology in Nursing
- Fundamentals of Nursing I
- Nursing Practicum I
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology II
- Basic Pharmacology for Nurses
- Fundamentals of Nursing II
- Medical Surgical Nursing I
- Nursing Practicum II
- MPU-U4 Extra-Curriculum Learning Experience
- Basic Concept in Sociology
- Psychology in Nursing
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing II
- Nursing Practicum III
- MPU-U1-Pengajian Malaysia / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Obstetric and Gynaecological Nursing
- Community & Gerontological Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing III
- Nursing Practicum IV
- Option for MPU-U2 Course *
- MPU-U4 Extra-curriculum Learning Experience
- Care of the Paediatric Client
- Mental Health Nursing
- Acute Care Nursing
- Introduction to Nursing Research & Statistics
- Nursing Practicum V
- MPU–U3- Creative Thinking Skills
- Ward Management
- Clinical Internship
- Nursing Practicum VI
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
This programme prepares graduates for a broad spectrum of first-level practice roles in hospital and community health centres. It fosters a commitment to lifelong learning, critical reflective thinking and professional growth. The diploma is internationally recognised and allows graduates to work in any country, subject to registration requirements.
After three (3) years of work experience, graduates will be able to further develop professionally through the Bachelor of Nursing Programme, which will enable the nurses to pursue other expanded roles and different kinds of career opportunities.