This programme aims to prepare students at the postgraduate level with computer science knowledge and computing principles to analyse and solve real-world computing problems. These knowledge and principles are built on combinations of data analysis and computing in sustainability with lifelong learning. Essentially, in this programme, students will be expected to come up with solutions using computer science and technology for effective decision making, forecasting, investing and budget planning. One of the objectives is to produce leaders with advanced soft skills to do research in groups and provide solutions scientifically and solve problems critically.
- Human capitals with recent knowledge and skills to provide solutions using computer science and technology for effective decision making, forecasting, investing and budget planning.
-Competent human capitals with skills in application programming interfaces (APIs) and frameworks know-how for data acquisition, visualisation, and analysis in providing innovative and practical data analytics services.
-Leaders with advanced soft-skills who are able to do research in groups and provide solutions scientifically and solve problems critically.
A Master’s Degree or equivalent AND candidates must have completed at least ONE (1) of their earlier Degrees (Master’s or Bachelor’s) in Computing or related to computing.
English Language Requirements
For Local and International students
- Research Methods in Computer Science
- PhD Thesis
- Submission and Viva
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
- Computer Scientist
- Data Scientist
- Finance Analyst
- IT Specialist
1. Demonstrate comprehensive, systematic, integrated, complex and abstract ideas of current critical issues in the most advanced frontiers of knowledge of computer sciences. (MQF1)
2. Critically analyse, evaluate and synthesise new, complex and abstract ideas and current issues in the most advanced frontiers of knowledge of a field of computer sciences and refine existing concepts and practices. Make substantial contribution
through the creation of new knowledge, theories, solutions or practices through originality and independent research, which satisfy peer reviews and international standards. (MQF2)
3. Demonstrate mastery of practical, technical skills or practices and scientific skills which are at the forefront of one or more areas of specialisation and demonstrate ability to design and implement or adapt highly advanced, specialised research methodologies which is at the forefront of one or more areas of specialisations. (MQF3 i)
4. Convey information, insights, ideas, problems and communicate research findings effectively to peers, scholarly communities and society at large in the mathematical sciences field of expertise (MQF3 ii)
5. Use, select or improve existing or develop new appropriate tools or methodologies to support and enhance research activities. (MQF3 iii)
6. Work with substantial autonomy, independence, and authority in the conduct and management of research and resources which contribute to new knowledge, advanced practices, processes and products. (MQF3 iv)
7. Take full responsibility for own work and where relevant be accountable for overall management of one’s research organization. (MQF4)
8. Demonstrate adherence to legal, professional and ethically sound codes of practice. (MQF5)