|Approval Code||N/311/7/0045; 14/2024|
|Accreditation Code||MQA/PA 11366|
|Subject Area||Clinical Psychology|
|Course Mode||Full-time and part-time|
|Course Duration||Full-time : 1.8 years / Part-time : 3 years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
- The Master of Clinical Psychology intersects the human mind, brain, behaviour and experience into a cohesive field of psychology that specializes in the understanding, assessment, diagnosis and treatment of psychological dysfunctions of the 21st century,
- Clinical psychologists work together with other mental health professionals to promote psychological health, as well as prevent and relieve psychological problems.
- Studying at UCSI University, you will learn from passionate academics committed to their intellectual and empirical research work where the central belief to the practice of clinical psychology is the use of psychological testing and psychotherapy.
- Combining a mixed-mode course teaching mode, this postgraduate degree offers a rich curriculum that will give you exposure to a broad range of psychology-related topics that include child, adolescent and adult clinical psychopathology, neuropsychology, psychopharmacology and psychotherapy theories and techniques
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from any university or higher learning institution recognized by UCSI University.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or its equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00; or
- A Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 in any field, AND a minimum 4 credits of prerequisites modules in Psychology or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 in the prerequisites modules; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 in any field, AND a minimum 30 credits of prerequisites modules in Psychology or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 in the prerequisites modules, AND a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Subject Test (Psychology) with a minimum score of 550; or
- Other relevant or equivalent qualification, experience and requirement accepted by the HEP Senate/competent authority in Malaysia.
- Direct Entry to programme, or
- The Faculty may require the candidate to do matching courses at the undergraduate level and up to one semester before undertaking the Master of Clinical Psychology.
- The interview is compulsory which will be conducted by two qualified clinical psychologists.
- Rehabilitation centres
- Career Counsellor
- Organizational Psychologist
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Forensic Psychologist
- Social and community service manager.
- Counseling Psychologist
- Psychiatric units
- Community mental health center
- Social services center
- Schools and universities
- Child & Adolescent Clinical Psychopathology
- Ethical Practice and Research Approaches
- Testing and Measurement
- Psychotherapy Theories & Techniques 1
- Adult Clinical Psychopathology
- Psychotherapy Theories & Techniques 2
- Research Methodologies and Statistics
- Clinical Assessment
- Clinical Placement 1
- Clinical Research Project 1
- Clinical Placement 2
- Clinical Research Project 2
- Clinical Placement 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.