The Master of Clinical Psychology intersects the human mind, brain, behaviour and experience into a cohesive field of psychology that specialises in the understanding, assessment, diagnosis and treatment of psychological dysfunctions of the 21st century. Clinical psychologists work together with other mental health professionals to promote psychological health, as well as prevent and relieve psychological problems....
At UCSI, you will learn from passionate academics committed to their intellectual and empirical research work where the central belief to the practice of clinical psychology is the use of psychological testing and psychotherapy.
This postgraduate degree offers a rich curriculum that will give you exposure to a broad range of psychology-related topics that include child, adolescent and adult clinical psychopathology, neuropsychology, psychopharmacology and psychotherapy theories and techniques.
Get set for exciting pathways in various industries when you join UCSI.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline from any university or higher learning institution recognised by UCSI University.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or its equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 in any field, AND a minimum 45 credits of prerequisites modules in Psychology or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 in the prerequisites modules; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 in any field, AND a minimum 30 credits of prerequisites modules in Psychology or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 in the prerequisites modules, AND a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Subject Test (Psychology) with a minimum score of 550; or
- Other relevant or equivalent qualification, experience and requirement accepted by the HEP Senate/competent authority in Malaysia.
- Direct Entry to programme, or
- The Faculty may require the candidate to do matching courses at the undergraduate level and up to one semester before undertaking the Master of Clinical Psychology.
- All candidates need to undergo a compulsory interview conducted by qualified clinical psychologists.
Note:In addition to the interview, the faculty will also administer a personality test to assess the applicant’s suitability for the programme. Please note that the fee for the personality test is non-refundable and will be borne by the applicants.
English Language Requirements
For International Students
- The medium of instruction was of the english language for the Bachelor Degree studies.
- Child & Adolescent Clinical Psychopathology
- Ethical Practice and Research Approaches
- Testing and Measurement
- Psychotherapy Theories & Techniques 1
- Adult Clinical Psychopathology
- Psychotherapy Theories & Techniques 2
- Research Methodologies and Statistics
- Clinical Assessment
- Clinical Placement 1
- Clinical Research Project 1
- Clinical Placement 2
- Clinical Research Project 2
- Clinical Placement 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
- Rehabilitation centres
- Career Counsellor
- Organizational Psychologist
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Forensic Psychologist
- Social and community service manager.
- Counseling Psychologist
- Psychiatric units
- Community mental health center
- Social services center
- Schools and universities
- Clinical psychologist