The Master of Clinical Psychology intersects the human mind, brain, behaviour and experience into a cohesive field of psychology that specialises in the understanding, assessment, diagnosis and treatment of psychological dysfunctions of the 21st century. Clinical psychologists work together with other mental health professionals to promote psychological health, as well as prevent and relieve psychological problems....
At UCSI, you will learn from passionate academics committed to their intellectual and empirical research work where the central belief to the practice of clinical psychology is the use of psychological testing and psychotherapy.
This postgraduate degree offers a rich curriculum that will give you exposure to a broad range of psychology-related topics that include child, adolescent and adult clinical psychopathology, neuropsychology, psychopharmacology and psychotherapy theories and techniques.
Get set for exciting pathways in various industries when you join UCSI.
Bachelor’s degree of at least 3 years’ study in Psychology or related fields (counselling psychology/health psychology/medicine/etc.) from a recognised university with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent.
- A high standard of written and oral communication skills (English language)
- Capacity to relate to a wide range of people from different age, gender, ethnic-racial, cultural, socioeconomic, and vocational backgrounds
- Ability and willingness to sustain high workloads
- Experience in clinically-related field is an advantage, but not mandatory
The interview serves as the most important entry requirement in determining the goodness-of-fit between the applicants and this programme. Applicants with strong academic qualification may still be rejected if they fail in the interview session.
Note:In addition to the interview, the faculty will also administer a personality test to assess the applicant’s suitability for the programme. Please note that the RM 120 fee for the personality test is non-refundable and will be borne by the applicants.
English Language Requirements
For International Students
- The medium of instruction was of the english language for the Bachelor Degree studies.
- Child & Adolescent Clinical Psychopathology
- Ethical Practice and Research Approaches
- Testing and Measurement
- Psychotherapy Theories & Techniques 1
- Adult Clinical Psychopathology
- Psychotherapy Theories & Techniques 2
- Research Methodologies and Statistics
- Clinical Assessment
- Clinical Placement 1
- Clinical Research Project 1
- Clinical Placement 2
- Clinical Research Project 2
- Clinical Placement 3
- Coursework (including assignments and exams)
- Research project
- Practical training
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
- Rehabilitation centres
- Career Counsellor
- Organizational Psychologist
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Forensic Psychologist
- Social and community service manager.
- Counseling Psychologist
- Psychiatric units
- Community mental health center
- Social services center
- Schools and universities
- Clinical psychologist