The Master of Philosophy (MPhil) programme, which culminates in a research thesis, strives to advance knowledge beyond what is found in undergraduate honours or postgraduate diploma programmes.
Other postgraduate degrees are different from the Master of Philosophy (Business and Management) as it allows students to acquire in-depth knowledge, proficiency, and research abilities through the use of research. The MPhil programme's research is a supervised programme, giving students the chance to develop their design, execution, and communication skills while adding to the body of current knowledge.
Through this course, students can develop their skills as independent researchers and subject-matter authorities in their chosen areas of business and management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related fields with a CGPA of 2.75 and above or equivalent as approved by the Senate; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related fields or equivalent with a CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than a CGPA of 2.75, subject to rigorous internal assessment*; or
- A Bachelor’s degree in related fields or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 but less than a CGPA of 2.50 and present evidence of at least five (5) years of relevant working or research experience** can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment*.
- Candidates without a Bachelor’s Degree in the related fields or relevant working experience must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by UCSI University and meet the minimum CGPA set out in (1) to (3).
English Language Requirements
Achieve a minimum Band 4 in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) OR equivalent to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) (Mid B2)***.
*Rigorous assessment to evaluate the suitability of an applicant for a programme through statement of purpose, interview and other methods may cover the following criteria:
- Demonstration of strong business experience, and that the candidate has held significant managerial responsibilities.
- Evidence of any achievements in the candidate’s professional life, for example, consistently performing at a high level, consistent career progression and any impact that the candidate has had on his/her organisation.
- Professional skills that the candidate has developed, for example, teamwork, leadership, problem-solving, negotiating, and analytical skills.
- The contribution to the class and experiences that can be brought to the institution by candidate (Lancaster University, 2021)
***The pre requite courses must equip the students with necessary business knowledge (managing people, managing financial resources, understanding customers, understanding environments and strategic planning) of one level lower than the programme level.
- Business Research Methodology**
- Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis Techniques**
- Master Thesis*
** Prerequisite courses for Master Thesis
Upon achieving stated learning outcomes, career and further studies options available to students upon programme completion are as follows:
- Research Scholar
- Data Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Market Researcher
Or Higher Study Options:
- PhD Business and Management
- Doctor of Business Administration