The Master of Science (MSc) programme in Pharmaceutical Sciences at UCSI University is a multidisciplinary full research mode postgraduate degree. It is the first Master’s degree with specialisation in multidisciplinary areas of pharmaceutical sciences involving chemistry, medicinal chemistry, physiology, pharmacology, microbiology, pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutics and formulation science and pharmacogenomics, among others....
Experts in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences are much needed due to the growing demand in the pharmaceutical industry in Malaysia and internationally.
UCSI’s researchers and supervisors are equipped with local and international research grants as well as the experience to mentor students in their research projects. They are also constantly engaging in ongoing professional development to ensure effective research supervision.
A bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent
At least Five (5) years of relevant working experience is required for applicants who do not meet the minimum CGPA requirement.
Conversion to the Doctor of Philosophy (Pharmaceutical Sciences) after 1 year of study in this programme.
*Upon fulfilment of the progression requirements
English Language Requirements
For Local & International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests154
Pearson Test of English47
Cambridge English Qualifications and TestsLinguaskill Online score: 154
Occupational English Test (OET): 200
- Applicants who are pursuing Bachelor’s degree in other universities that use English as the medium of instruction can be exempted from the above requirements. International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00929) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and/or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- Research Methodology
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Master Research
- Master Research
The University may allow exemption for outstanding students to complete their studies within a shorter period.
The programme’s comprehensive design and delivery paves the way for careers in advance scientific research and various fields, including
- Product development scientists
- Medicinal chemist
- Patent attorney
- Regulatory professionals
- Quality control and assurance personnel
- Medical science liaison
- Science writer
- Clinical research associate
- Pharmaceutical scientist
Upon completion of the programme, the graduates should be able to:
- demonstrate mastery of knowledge within depth skills with evidence-based research and practice in pharmaceutical sciences;
- apply practical skills to meet the current demands of pharmaceutical industries;
- relate ideas to societal healthcare and wellness in pharmaceutical sciences;
- conduct outcome-based research with minimal supervision and adhere to legal, ethical and professional codes of practice in the pharmaceutical sciences;
- demonstrate leadership qualities through effective communication and collaboration with peers and stakeholders;
- generate creative ideas for effective problem solving with scientific and critical thinking skills; and integrate information for lifelong learning.