The Master in Strategic Communication programme which will be offered by UCSI University aims to provide graduates with the ability to apply the theoretical knowledge in strategic communication, digital and marketing communications to solve complex problems in that area.
The Master in Strategic Communication programme oﬀered by UCSI University focuses on the study of organizations as communicators across the governmental, non-governmental and corporate sectors, especially in the context of change associated with digitalization and globalization. In particular, it will examine the ways organizations communicate strategically, both internally and externally; and how communication contributes to shaping discourses and practices associated with leadership within organizations and across them.
- A bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent, as accepted by the HEP Senate
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field
Candidates without a Bachelor's degree OR qualification in the related strategic communication fields OR with a minimum of 5 years relevant working experience must take these two out of three bridging courses, as stipulated by the MQA:
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Introduction to Public Relations
- Brand Communication
English Language Requirements
For Local & International Students
As is the medium of instruction for all postgraduate programmes at UCSI University is the English Language, applicants must meet one of the following requirements to gain admission:
- Theories and Concepts in Media and Communications
- Methods of Research in Media & Communications
- Critical Approaches to Strategic Communications
- Corporate Communications
- Statistics in Strategic comm
- Big Data Analytics
- Crisis Communication
- Strategic Communication in Practice: Professional Perspectives
- Social Media Marketing Strategies
This program aims to meet the needs of working adults in various field who are climbing the corporate ladders. It also aims to fulfil demands of companies who require managers with business, communication, internet technology knowledge and soft skills (critical thinking and innovation).
Possessing knowledge in strategic communication in an organization will ensures that everyone involved has adequate information to communicate about a subject matter, maintaining consistency in the workplace and prevent any ambiguity.