The UCSI University MBA programme is specially designed to provide access to higher learning opportunities for both local and international practitioners and professionals. The programme is a practical-based course that incorporates tools, methodologies and frameworks of the Blue Ocean Strategy. The Blue Ocean Strategy provides a systematic approach to making the competition irrelevant. UCSI University is the only Malaysian institution of higher learning to oﬀer a postgraduate programme based on this framework. UCSI University incorporates a diverse and exciting blended learning approach by imparting knowledge through workshops, presentations and case studies. UCSI University’s MBA programme is supported by a team of highly qualiﬁed academicians specialising in various sectors and equipped with extensive industry experience.
The scope of studies also includes current developments and debates on business and management topics at both the theoretical and applied levels. Graduate students will be encouraged to conduct theoretical exercises on these topics and their relevance to actual practice, in particular their applicability to small and medium-sized enterprises and industries worldwide. Industrial practitioners and corporate consultants will be featured as speakers during the programme. As a graduate programme, the MBA study promotes life-long learning among learners to prepare them for international employment opportunities, future career development and further research and study anywhere in the world.
UCSI University's MBA is a one-year programme with a trimester offering. Those who do not fulfil the requirement of minimum two years relevant work experience will need to undertake the compulsory cooperative placement. Each semester lasts 14 weeks.
- Classes are conducted on weekdays in the evening and daytime for weekends.
Teaching and learning
The dynamic learning process involves various methods. Teaching and learning approaches may include lectures, case analysis, individual or group assignments, examinations, guest speakers, presentations, and seminars. In addition, small class sizes create a collaborative and highly interpersonal environment for the students.
Special Package for UCSI University Staff and Students
- UCSI University Staff can opt for EESS scheme or discounted fees currently on offer.
- UCSI University Students - 10% discount on fees.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum Band 6.0
- TOEFL (Internet-based) minimum 60
- Cambridge English Qualification and Test minimum score of 169
- Pearson Test of English minimum score 59
- MUET minimum Band 4
- Financial Accounting and Analysis
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management and Policy
- Information Technology for Managers
- International Business and Management
- Business Policy and Strategic Management
- Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Research Methods for Business and Management * (Pre-requisite)
- Research Planning* (Pre-requisite)
- Master Coursework Project
** not all elective courses will be offered in the semester
- Supply Chain Management
- Import and Export Management
- Operations and Logistics Management
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Managerial Economics
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.