This MBA (ODL Mode) programme is specially adapted from UCSI’s established MBA programme to offer you the benefits of online learning to fit your busy lifestyle or work schedule. As the only Malaysian university to offer an MBA with an elective in Blue Ocean Strategy (BOS)..., learners of this programme can expect to be thoroughly exposed to the tools, methodologies and frameworks of BOS that will provide a systematic approach to making the competition irrelevant in any industry. You will learn how to examine the conundrums of global business management and create opportunities through in-depth understanding of underlying factors like finance, marketing and human resource. By the end of this programme, you will have mastered a range of multidisciplinary tools and skills that are required of successful managers, entrepreneurs and strategists.
- 24-Month Completion: Graduate with an MBA in two years while studying at a pace that suits your lifestyle and schedule.
- APEL Entry Recognition: Your experience counts. Gain admission with a minimum of five years working experience in the relevant field.
- Blue Ocean Strategy: Pursue value innovation like never before with one of the world's best management strategies. UCSI is the only Malaysian university to offer an MBA with this elective.
- 100% Coursework: No exams – you will be assessed through written assignments, case studies, projects and presentations.
Online and distance learning at UCSI
- Supported Learning: 10 hours of face-to-face guidance each module.
- Flexible Study: Learn wherever and whenever you want.
- Self-Paced: Freedom to set your own learning schedule.
- 24/7 Accessibility: All learning materials are available online.
Lecturers will engage 20 hours of face-to-face learning sessions per course each semester while providing email-based support throughout. The online chat sessions may be conducted with or without audio and video presentation, and the messages, chat log and threaded discussions will be available to the entire class. These sessions are scheduled and students' active participation is expected.
Students will be assessed through written assignments, case studies, presentations and projects. The lecturers will provide regular feedback on their work, mark assignments, and monitor their progress throughout the course.
i. A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 or equivalent, as accepted by the HEP Senate; or
ii. A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 and not meeting a CGPA of 2.5, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment.
iii. Candidates without a qualification in the related fields or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the HEP and meet the minimum CGPA based on (i) to (ii).
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum Band 6.0
- TOEFL (Internet-based) minimum 60
- Cambridge English Qualification and Test minimum score of 169
- Pearson Test of English minimum score 59
- MUET minimum Band 4
- Financial Accounting and Analysis
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Managerial Economics
- Quantitative Methods
- International Business and Management
- Business Policy and Strategic Management
- Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Research Methods for Business and Management*
- Research Planning*
- Master Coursework Project
- Financial Management and Policy
- Information Technology for Managers
- Organisational Behaviour
- Operations and Logistics Management
- Retail and Services Marketing
** Students should note that not all elective courses will be offered in every semester