The Master of Science in Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetic and Regenerative Medicine is the first postgraduate programme in Malaysia to combine three fields of healthy aging, medical aesthetic and regenerative medicine.
Designed and offered exclusively to licensed medical doctors, the programme provides learners with a curriculum focusing on evidence-based practices.... Led by practitioners and academics with extensive experience in the field, the programme is specifically designed to provide doctors with knowledge in these three fields through practical and hands-on approaches to learning. These include demonstrations, hands-on practices, laboratory sessions and talks by visiting speakers.
With access to the who’s who in the industry, our learners will also enjoy avenues for further research and collaborations. This provides them with a platform to communicate their findings to the healthcare community through conferences or journal publications.
The School of Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetics and Regenerative Medicine was established in 2011 and is part of UCSI University’s Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, which has become synonymous with excellence in education and research. For Malaysian doctors, this is the only Master’s pathway to become a licensed and credentialed doctor in Aesthetic Medicine. International students will have the advantage of learning evidence-based Aesthetic Medicine.
Students are assessed on assignments, continuous assessments and case studies. There will be one dissertation and three written exams for each subject of healthy-aging, medical aesthetics and regenerative medicine. Students are required to pass the Viva Voce for dissertation.
Malaysian and International candidates: Doctor of Medicine (MD) or MBBS or equivalent degree
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) from UCSI University or any MBBS program from other recognized Institute of Higher Education with at least 1 year clinical experienced (post registration clinical experience) and
- Provide true copy of Malaysian Medical Council registration certificate Act 50 (Medical Act 1971)
- Certified degree Medicine certificate with transcript
- Certified Registered Medical Certificate / Active Medicine License
English Language Requirements
- Passes at least IELTS Band 6 or TOEFL 550 if the first degree is from a university where English is not a medium of instruction, OR Passed the University-approved English Language proficiency test.
- Basic Science in Medical Aesthetics
- Chemical Peel
- Skin Tightening
- Botulinum Toxin Injection
- Dermal Filler Injection
- Intense Pulse Light
- Theories of Aging
- Age-Related Changes and Diseases
- Lifestyle Modification
- Environment and Toxicology
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Genetics and Epigenetics
- Stem Cells
- Cellular Therapies
- Tissue Engineering
- Legal Perspective and Bioethics in Regenerative Medicine
- Medical Communication and Ethics
- Research Methodology
- Master Research Project
This Master’s Programme is the key to opening different doors in the medical healthcare industry with innumerable opportunities for career growth for doctors.
Some of the possible future career pathways are as follows:
- Medical Aesthetician
- Business/Medical Consultant
- Medical Advisor
- Medical Director