|Approval Code||R/721/7/0056; 10/2020|
|Subject Area||Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetic and Regenerative Medicine|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
The Master of Science in Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetic and Regenerative Medicine is the ﬁrst postgraduate programme in Malaysia to combine all three upcoming ﬁelds of healthy aging, medical aesthetic and regenerative medicine.
Designed and offered exclusively to licensed medical doctors, the programme provides learners with a curriculum focusing on evidence-based practices.
Led by practitioners and academics with extensive experience in the ﬁeld, the programme is speciﬁcally designed to provide doctors with knowledge in these three ﬁelds through practical and hands-on approaches to learning. These include demonstrations, hands-on practices, laboratory sessions and talks by visiting speakers.
With access to the who’s who in the industry, our learners will also enjoy avenues for further research and collaborations. This provides them with a platform to communicate their ﬁndings to the healthcare community through conferences or journal publications.
The School of Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetics and Regenerative Medicine was established in 2011 and is part of UCSI University’s Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, which has become synonymous with excellence in education and research.
For Malaysian doctors, this is the only Master’s pathway to become a licensed and credentialed doctor in Aesthetic Medicine.
International students will have the advantage of learning evidence-based Aesthetic Medicine.
Students are assessed on assignments, continuous assessments and case studies. There one dissertation and three written exams for the subjects of healthy-aging, medical aesthetics and regenerative medicine respectively. Students are required to pass the Viva Voce for dissertation.
- Certified degree Medicine certificate with transcript
- Certified Registered Medical Certificate / Active Medicine License
This Master’s Programme is the key to opening different doors in the medical healthcare industry with innumerable opportunities for career growth for doctors.
Some of the possible future career pathways are as follows:
- Medical Aesthetician
- Business/Medical Consultant
- Medical Advisor
- Medical Director
- The Doctor-Patient Relationship
- Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Medico-Legal Implications of Practising Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetic and Regenerative Medicine
- Overview of Clinical Research Ethics
- Overview of Medical Ethics
- Research Design and Methodology
- Critical Appraisal of Literature
- Conceptualisation and Conduct of Clinical Trials
- Statistical Analysis
- Scientiﬁc Writing and Publication
- Theories of Aging
- Age-Related Diseases
- Environment and Toxicology
- Basic Science in Aesthetic Medicine
- Chemical Peel
- Skin Tightening Procedures
- Botulinum Toxin Injection
- Dermal Filler Injection
- Intense Pulse Light
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Genetics and Epigenetics
- Stem Cells
- Cellular Therapies
- Tissue Engineering
- Regenerative Medicine Bioethics and the Legal Perspective