This programme is the first postgraduate programme in the world to combine three fields – healthy aging, medical aesthetics and regenerative medicine. It is the only Master pathway designed and offered exclusively for practicing medical doctors to obtain the Letter of Credentialing and Privileging (LCP)....
This programme promotes evidence-based practices in aesthetics with exposure to current advances in healthy aging and regenerative medicine. Collaboration with partners such as University of Malaya (UM), Tissue Engineering Center, National University of Malaysia (UKM) and Xeoul Clinic keeps the programme up-to-date. Our graduates will be equipped with skills and knowledge to accelerate growth in their career path.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2020. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
Malaysian and International candidates
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.50 in related field as accepted by the HEP Senate; or
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in related field with CGPA of less than 2.50 and a minimum of 5 years working experience in the related field
English Language Requirements
Passed at least IELTS Band 6 or TOEFL 550 if the first degree is from a university where English is not a medium of instruction.
- Basic Science in Medical Aesthetics
- Chemical Peel
- Skin Tightening
- Botulinum Toxin Injection
- Dermal Filler Injection
- Intense Pulse Light
- Theories of Aging
- Age-Related Changes and Diseases
- Lifestyle Modification
- Environment and Toxicology
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Genetics and Epigenetics
- Stem Cells
- Cellular Therapies
- Tissue Engineering
- Legal Perspective and Bioethics in Regenerative Medicine
- Medical Communication and Ethics
- Research Methodology
- Master Research Project
Assistant Professor Dr Normina Ahmad Bustami
Assistant Professor Dr Normina Ahmad Bustami is Head of the School of Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetics and Regenerative Medicine. She obtained her MD from Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS), her Master of Health Science (Clinical Nutrition) from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) and her Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) degree from UCSI University. Her fields of expertise are mainly nutraceuticals and supplementations, maternal and child health as well as nutrition for healthy aging. She is actively doing research on supplementations, herbal medicines, exposure to toxic metals and associated health risks. She is also supervising postgraduate students.
Assistant Professor Dr Edmond Ng Siah Chye
Dr Edmond is spearheading the medical aesthetics module at UCSI University. He is a certified Aesthetic medical practitioner in Malaysia with Letter of Credentialing and Privileging (LCP). He is also the medical director for Xeoul Group, Xeoul Clinic, Xeoul Aesthetics and is an expert trainer for various aesthetic industrial partners. He currently specialises in non-invasive and minimally invasive aesthetic medicine.
Professor Dr Tunku Kamarul Zaman Tunku Zainol Abidin
Professor Dr Tunku Kamarul Zaman is an orthopaedic surgeon. He is the Head of the Tissue Engineering group – a division under 'The National Orthopaedic Centre for Research and Learning (NOCERAL)'. Prof Kamarul is also the former director of University of Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC). He has published over 200 peer-reviewed journals and has been invited to present the research groups' discoveries in numerous international scientific meetings.
Dr Lim Wan ChyiAlumna
- Founder and Managing Director of Crown Clinic; Kuala Lumpur
- Honoured at the Golden Phoenix Award for The World’s Most Influential and Credible Women
- Under her leadership, Crown Clinic had been awarded Service Industry Excellence Award, International Prestige Brand and Top 10 Aesthetic Clinic in Malaysia
Dr Sean TanAlumnus
- Co-founder and medical director at Kimzo Clinic, Kuala Lumpur
- Fellow Member, International Association of Stem Cell Transplantation (IASCY) USA
- Fellow Member, International Association of Cell Therapy (IACT) Switzerland
Dr Aye SuAlumna
- Currently the Consultant Aesthetic Doctor at Skin Art Aesthetics and Laser Clinic, a long-standing successful aesthetic clinic and Burma Beauty in Yangon, Myanmar
- Trained and worked at international clinics in Thailand and Cambodia
- Head of Save The Blood Center for stem cells transplant and Cryoviva Myanmar Stem Cell Banking
Dr Henry Tri SetiawatiAlumna
- Practicing at Rejuvie Aesthetic and Anti-Aging, Bali, Indonesia
- Medical trainer on Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Filler for Allergan
- Faculty members of Allergan Medical Institute
This Master’s Programme is the key to opening different doors in the medical healthcare industry with innumerable opportunities for career growth for doctors.
Some of the possible future career pathways are as follows:
- Medical Aesthetician
- Business/Medical Consultant
- Medical Advisor
- Medical Director