The Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Technology programme is the only postgraduate programme that is offered with the mixed-mode structure in Malaysia. Offered in the mixed-mode structure, this allows students to pursue research on innovative topics whilst going for structured taught courses providing them with advanced industry-specific knowledge....
This Master’s programme will equip science graduates with enhanced knowledge in conducting research and development in the science and technology industry on the local and global level. The programme is specially designed to equip graduates (from various fields such as pharmacy, life sciences, biotechnology, and chemical engineering) with the skills, knowledge, and experience to excel in the pharmaceutical industry, research and development and academia. Through this Master’s programme, students will be able to contribute positively to the betterment of the society
BSc in Pharmacy OR B. Pharm (Hons) degree OR equivalent undergraduate degree in related field.
Minimum CGPA of 2.75.
Five (5) years relevant working experience is required for applicants who do not meet the minimum CGPA.
English Language Requirements
For Local & International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests154
Pearson Test of English47
Cambridge English Qualifications and TestsLinguaskill Online score: 154
Occupational English Test (OET): 200
- Applicants who are pursuing Bachelor’s degree in other universities that use English as the medium of instruction can be exempted from the above requirements. International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00929) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and/or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- Research Methodology
- Industrial Pharmacy
- Product Formulation and Development
- Research I*
- Advanced Drug Delivery
- Research II*
*The duration of candidature is dependent on the completion of taught courses and progress of research project.
**Duration of Research II is subjected to progress and completion of research project.
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
- Formulation design and development scientist in Pharmaceutical companies
- Research & development officer in government sector
- Pharmaceutical regulatory affairs officers
- Pharmaceutical quality assurance & control officer in Pharmaceutical companies
- Pharmaceutical sales and marketing