Faculty/Department: Group Human Resource
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
On-Boarding and Documentation
- Develop, plan and conduct on-boarding programme for new employees to ensure that they feel welcome and prepared in their new positions with confidence and enough resources to make an impact to the organization and to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives. The activities include:
- Contact new staff for photo for staff card preparation
- Print and activate staff card
- Prepare Staff Introduction Letter in order for new staff to open Maybank account
- Liaise with Computech Services Department for email creation for new staff
- Create account for staff in ISS
- Prepare telephone extension list, Saturday duty schedule when applicable
- Prepare T-shirt and stationery pack for new staff
- Ensure return of new staff checklist and any other HR forms for documentation
- Create new personal files
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as start date, teaching permit, employment pas, hire date, qualification, experience, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Ensure all information are up and maintained regularly in the IIS, website and the Employment Master; including removal and deactivation in cases of resignation etc.
- Resolve grievances or queries that any of the employees have. Escalate to the right level depending on the nature of the grievance or issue.
HR Related Letters and HR Administrative Activities
- Ensure letters are given to staff, returned and filed in a timely manner. The letters include the following as well as other ad-hoc letters: transfers, salary adjustments, visa letters, staff status, appointments, promotions, etc.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork. Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, establishing personal networks and participating in seminars and trainings.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Handle and prepare documents required for MQA visits
MoHE/Employment Pass/Teaching Permits/MNC/MMC/MNB
Handle the whole process of getting the different passes, permits, licenses in related to the nature of the group business; this includes MoHE submissions and approvals, the expatriates’ employment pass and their dependent pass application and renewal, the registration of practicing license with Malaysian Nursing Board and Malaysian Medical Council, teaching permits etc.
- Advise outgoing employees on hand over procedure
- Conduct exit interviews
- Assist in matters pertaining to leave
- Carry out reception duties at the front desk or at the chancellery in the absence of the receptionist/admin staff, as and when necessary
- Communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources
- Have the knowledge of company insurance and the processes
- Provide feedback to the management to enhance a better and cordial working environment.
- Organise corporate events such as company dinner, corporate trip, family day etc.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Perform any other duties relating to the above as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in HRM or similar
- Minimum 3 years working experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pro-active and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently as well as participate within the team.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, possess a mature attitude and a good team player.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and abilities.
Last Update: 01-Jan-2021