Swimming Instructor Cum Life Guard
Faculty/Department: UCSI Child Development Center Sdn Bhd (Cheras, Kuala Lumpur)
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
- To maintain pool hygiene and cleanliness all time;
- To offer advice and service the compressor, vacuum and other swimming pool related machineries/ tools / Equipment;
- Provide for the health and safety of students, including ensuring that all teaching and practice areas are free of hazards, and that materials and equipment are safe;
- Make sure safety standards are followed in sessions and undertake risk assessments;
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations;
- Complete records and reports;
- Ensure safe provision of all equipment and ensure it is used correctly;
- Work alongside the operation manager and top management member of UCSI Child Development Centre;
- To attend regular meetings with the management as and when necessary;
- To agree to abide by a code of conduct and carry out duties in accordance with UCSI pool management team including equal opportunities, safeguarding children, health and safety at work, etc.
- Thorough knowledge and application of swimming and water safety skills;
- Thorough knowledge and application of teaching swimming and water safety skills;
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures;
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and teaching learn-to-swim and water safety courses;
- Adapt your teaching approaches to the age, experience and ability of participants, so they can meet course objectives;
- To plan and deliver lessons ensuring adherence to the scheme of work and lesson plans;
- Communicate regularly with participants and their parents, as appropriate, to ensure they are aware of progress;
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies in accordance with facility emergency action plans;
- Participate in regular in-service training sessions;
- Complete additional duties as assigned by supervisor;
- Provide explanations and demonstrate swimming techniques;
- Correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance;
- To be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage children and adults to participate in swimming;
- Set ground rules for each session;
- Evaluate sessions and give feedback;
- Regularly assess each participant’s ability and progress and arrange for the award of the appropriate certificates.
Knowledge / Skills Required (Mental Demands / Physical Demands / Environmental Factors)
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned;
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress;
- Possess strong knowledge of curriculum which require to meet the centre’s standard;
- Ability to self-evaluate in teaching and learning effectiveness;
- Ability to coordinate centre functions with colleagues;
- Ability to interpret policy, procedures and data to immediate supervisors;
- Strong organizational, public relations and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent interpersonal relations, oral and written communication skills;
- Use excellent written oral English skills when communicating with students, parents, and teachers;
- Ability to work Occasionally prolonged and irregular hours;
- Frequent walking, climbing, bending, jumping and stooping within the working compound;
- The ability to inspire confidence and motivate swimmers;
- Perseverance and patience;
- The ability to encourage people and put them at ease;
- An understanding of how to differentiate in a coaching session.
- Identify and attending suitable self-development training;
- Assist and support any ad-hoc or pre-planned internal marketing recruitment activities;
- Complete in a timely fashion all records and reports as requested by the Top Management members;
- Perform all other duties relating to the above may be assigned to you by your immediate supervisor from time to time.
- Candidates must possess expert lifesaving skills and rescue techniques.
- Candidates must possess excellent communication skills.
- Candidates must be pro-active and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently as well as participate within the team.
- Candidates must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, possess a mature attitude and a good team player.
- Candidates must possess Interpersonal skills and abilities.
Last Update: 29-Apr-2021