Our purpose is to educate and transform individuals who will make a difference.
The Faculty of Business & Information Science (FoBIS) is one of the largest faculties in UCSI University. At FoBIS, we seek to promote interdisciplinary approaches – a strategy that has contributed immensely to many of our students’ achievements. As part of the Faculty's philosophy in effecting positive change through transformative education, our programmes have been specifically crafted to cultivate an authentic learning environment – one that fuses innovative teaching and learning practices with strategic partnerships and research.
At UCSI University, we believe that dialogue is a form of profound human communication. The Faculty places great emphasis on annual programme review meetings as constant interaction with parents, subject experts and industry practitioners which is imperative in ensuring that the programmes remain relevant to industrial needs. The feedback sessions also pass as a watershed in our efforts to groom high-calibre market-driven graduates.
Each year, we welcome students from over 60 countries into our various programmes, guaranteeing an eclectic mix of student population that is highly enriching in nature. The Faculty also boasts close relationships with key industrial partners such as Tricor, Apple and the Securities Commission to provide student training and sponsorship for university events, as well as professional accrediting bodies such as ACCA, CIMA, CPA Australia, RFP and SOA that provide professional certification as well as exemptions to students.
- Praxis Centers have been set up within the Faculty of Business & Information Science (FoBIS) to provide faculty members opportunities to be involved in industrial collaboration projects.
- Students are given the opportunity to work and learn in these Praxis Centers.
- Creates a link between the students Final Year Project and Co-Operative Placement to ensure the students projects are industry focused.
- To enhance ties with professional bodies such as ACCA, CIMA, CPA Australia, CTIM (Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia) and MFPC (Malaysia Financial Planning Council) and SOA (Society of Actuaries) for mutual recognition, internationalization, professionalism and student employability.
- Produce industry ready IT graduates to meet the needs of the rapid changing IT market.
We educate and transform individuals to make a difference for the betterment of the world.
We make education real through innovative teaching and learning practices drawing from experiences gained from strategic partnerships and research.
Success is an integral part of the Faculty's identity and character. As a student, you can look forward to numerous opportunities to realise your potential.