BEST GUIDED POSTER PRESENTATION AWARDAssistant Professor Dr Satvinder Kaur |  Faculty of Applied Sciences
Congratulations to Assistant Professor Dr Satvinder Kaur from UCSI's Faculty of Applied Sciences (FAS) on winning the Best Guided Poster Presentation Award for your research project regarding culinary nutrition education for schoolchildren in Kuala Lumpur at the 2019 International Congress on Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome & Asia-Oceania Conference on Obesity (ICOMES & AOCO 2019) that was held in Seoul, South Korea from 29 to 31 August 2019.
ARCHITECTURE STUDENTS GET CREATIVE, CONTRIBUTING TO COMMUNITYStudents of Bachelors of Arts (Hons) in Interior Architecture |  Bachelors of Arts (Hons) in Interior Architecture
UCSI University’s Interior Architecture students presented their design studio project at the Pangkor Story House exhibition in conjunction with the Pangkor Island Festival 2019 from 13 to 15 September, 2019.
The Pangkor Island Festival was organised by Oriental Art and Cultural Center (OACC).
WON GOLD MEDAL AT THE ASIA YOUNG DESIGNER AWARDS 2019Tien Jun Xiang |  Bachelor of Science (Hons) In Architecture
- Gold medal for his project ‘Revival of Hope’ in the Architecture category at the Asia Young Designer Awards 2019;
- Won Silver medal at the ARCASIA Student’s Architectural Design Competition 2019 held in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
OPPORTUNITY TO STUDY NUCLEATION CONTROL AT THE IMPERIAL COLLEGEBryan Ma Yuong Kai |  Bachelor of Chemical Engineering with Honours
- Selected by Imperial College London in 2019 to do an attachment programme for 4 months.
- Occasional Undergraduate Research student in Dr Jerry Heng’s research group under the Department of Chemical Engineering
- His research interest focuses on establishing soft templates such as small organic molecules in controlling nucleation.
- President of Talent Acquisition and Development (TAD) 2018/2019 and former executive committee of U-Schos. Both TAD and U-Schos are initiatives under Youth Beyond Boundaries community.
Alumnus of SMK Kapit, Sarawak
DISCOVERING THE SCIENCE OF CRYSTAL GROWTH AT THE IMPERIAL COLLEGEChang Zhen Hong |  Bachelor of Chemical Engineering with Honours
- Selected by Imperial College London in 2019 as a research student under Department of Chemical Engineering for the Student Oversea Visiting Programme (SOVP).
- Currently conducting his research entitled ‘Peptides Crystallisation’ focusing on the thermodynamic properties of peptides in protein crystallisation: glycine and its homopeptides
Alumnus of SMK Abu Bakar, Temerloh
A GOLDEN LEARNING OPPORTUNITY IN QUEENSLANDHarry Hoon Jian Wen |  Bachelors of Electrical and Electronics Engineering With Honours
- Currently an Electrical Design Engineer in ABB, Electrification Division (a Fortune 500 Global Company)
- Previously a Design Engineer intern at Schneider Electric (a Fortune 500 Global Company)
- Selected by University of Queensland in 2019 to study ‘Battery Energy Storage Control System Design for Large-Scale Solar PV Plant Integration’
- President of IEEE-HKN (Eta Kappa Nu) Mu Alpha, Malaysia (2017-2018, 2018-2019)
- UCSI Trust Scholarship Recipient
Alumnus of SMK Pusat Bandar Puchong (1)
STUDYING REVERBERATION TIME OF TEACHING SPACES IN THE UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLANDKhoo Hon Sern |  Bachelors of Mechatronic Engineering With Honours
- Currently interning at Genesis Spectrum Sdn Bhd
- Selected by University of Queensland in 2019 to study ‘Reverberation time of teaching spaces in the University of Queensland’.
- UCSI Red Crescent, President 2018-2019
- UCSI IET on Campus Member, since 2017
Alumnus of SMK USJ4, Subang Jaya
PROFESSOR DR PHANG RECEIVES RECOGNITION FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF MALAYAEmeritus Professor Dr Phang Siew Moi |  Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research and Postgraduate Studies
Congratulations to Professor Dr Phang Siew Moi, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research and Postgraduate Studies, UCSI University who was conferred the title Emeritus Professor by the University of Malaya for her contributions in Algae Research in its 59th Convocation Ceremony on 12 October 2019
FOOD HOTEL MALAYSIA 2019Kwan Kang Ming |  Diploma in Culinary Arts
Name: Kwan Kang Ming
Programme: Diploma in Culinary Arts
Award: Diploma Award
Category: Poultry Main Course (Western Cuisine)
Competition: Food Hotel Malaysia 2019
Date: 24 - 27 September 2019
SELANGOR INTERNATIONAL CULINARY FESTIVAL 2019Siti Hajar Bt Badrul Hisham |  Diploma in Culinary Arts
Name: Siti Hajar Bt Badrul Hisham
Programme: Diploma in Culinary Arts
Award: Gold Medal
Category: Main Course - Poultry (Duck)
Competition: Selangor International Culinary Festival 2019
Date: 10 - 13 October 2019