UCSI WINS SILVER MEDAL AT 5TH TLIF 2019Professor Dr Yu Lih Jiun, Professor Dato’ Dr Ahmad Ibrahim and Wan Zailah Wan Said |  Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment
Congratulations to Professor Dr Yu Lih Jiun, Professor Dato’ Dr Ahmad Ibrahim and Wan Zailah Wan Said for winning the Silver Medal at the 5th Teaching and Learning Innovation Festival (TLIF) 2019 on 4 October 2019.
Their paper title was “Implementation of Experiential Learning Based Assignment in Engineering Management Course”. It discussed the application of new teaching and learning pedagogy in the course “Engineering Economics and Management”.
RECIPIENT OF THE CISI GLOBAL EDUCATIONAL TRUST AWARD 2019Dana Teoh |  BSc (Hons) Finance and Investment
Congratulations to Dana Teoh who recently received the CISI Global Educational Trust Award 2019. She was the only winner from Malaysia. Others who participated in this award were from Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore and India,
The Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI) is the leading UK professional body for securities, investment, wealth and financial planning professionals.
FIRST RUNNER UP AT THE NATIONAL INVESTMENT CHALLENGE EXTRAVAGANZA 2019Lau Ze Kai |  Bsc (Hons) Finance and Investment
Congratulations to Lau Ze Kai for being the first runner up in a team of four at The National Investment Challenge Extravaganza 2019. The competition was held on October 3-5, 2019 at University Utara Malaysia and organised by the Bursa Young Investor Club (BYIC).
BEST PAPER AWARD AT THE 7TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON BUSINESS, ACCOUNTING AND ECONOMICS 2019Ho Min Yoong |  Lecturer, Faculty of Business
Congratulations to Ho Min Yoong, lecturer from Faculty of Business for receiving the Best Paper Award at the 7th International Conference on Business, Accounting and Economics 2019, UTAR on 4 October, 2019.
His paper was entitled: A New Credit Rating Model From The Perspective Of Small And Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Malaysia With Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP).
PHD CANDIDATE NG CHOON MING WON THE BEST POSTER AWARD FOR RESEARCH PRESENTATION AT MASO 2019 CONFERENCENg Choon Ming |  PhD in Nutrition, Faculty of Applied Sciences
Congratulations Ng Choon Ming, PhD Candidate under the supervision of Asst Prof Dr Satvinder Kaur (Faculty of Applied Sciences), on winning the Best Poster Award for research presentation at the Malaysain Association for teh Study of Obesity (MASO) Conference. The event was held on 15 to 16 October 2019 at Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur.
BEST GUIDED POSTER PRESENTATION AWARDAssistant Professor Dr Satvinder Kaur |  Faculty of Applied Sciences
Congratulations to Assistant Professor Dr Satvinder Kaur from UCSI's Faculty of Applied Sciences (FAS) on winning the Best Guided Poster Presentation Award for your research project regarding culinary nutrition education for schoolchildren in Kuala Lumpur at the 2019 International Congress on Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome & Asia-Oceania Conference on Obesity (ICOMES & AOCO 2019) that was held in Seoul, South Korea from 29 to 31 August 2019.
ARCHITECTURE STUDENTS GET CREATIVE, CONTRIBUTING TO COMMUNITYStudents of Bachelors of Arts (Hons) in Interior Architecture |  Bachelors of Arts (Hons) in Interior Architecture
UCSI University’s Interior Architecture students presented their design studio project at the Pangkor Story House exhibition in conjunction with the Pangkor Island Festival 2019 from 13 to 15 September, 2019.
The Pangkor Island Festival was organised by Oriental Art and Cultural Center (OACC).
WON GOLD MEDAL AT THE ASIA YOUNG DESIGNER AWARDS 2019Tien Jun Xiang |  Bachelor of Science (Hons) In Architecture
- Gold medal for his project ‘Revival of Hope’ in the Architecture category at the Asia Young Designer Awards 2019;
- Won Silver medal at the ARCASIA Student’s Architectural Design Competition 2019 held in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
OPPORTUNITY TO STUDY NUCLEATION CONTROL AT THE IMPERIAL COLLEGEBryan Ma Yuong Kai |  Bachelor of Chemical Engineering with Honours
- Selected by Imperial College London in 2019 to do an attachment programme for 4 months.
- Occasional Undergraduate Research student in Dr Jerry Heng’s research group under the Department of Chemical Engineering
- His research interest focuses on establishing soft templates such as small organic molecules in controlling nucleation.
- President of Talent Acquisition and Development (TAD) 2018/2019 and former executive committee of U-Schos. Both TAD and U-Schos are initiatives under Youth Beyond Boundaries community.
Alumnus of SMK Kapit, Sarawak
DISCOVERING THE SCIENCE OF CRYSTAL GROWTH AT THE IMPERIAL COLLEGEChang Zhen Hong |  Bachelor of Chemical Engineering with Honours
- Selected by Imperial College London in 2019 as a research student under Department of Chemical Engineering for the Student Oversea Visiting Programme (SOVP).
- Currently conducting his research entitled ‘Peptides Crystallisation’ focusing on the thermodynamic properties of peptides in protein crystallisation: glycine and its homopeptides
Alumnus of SMK Abu Bakar, Temerloh