Dr Eva Lim is currently an Assistant Professor at UCSI Graduate Business School, UCSI University, Malaysia with 14 years of teaching and research experience. Prior to her academic career, she had garnered 11 years of experience in companies such as technology start-ups and financial institutions.
Dr Eva Lim received her Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree from the University Tun Abdul Razak (Malaysia), Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Strathclyde (United Kingdom), and Bachelor of Business from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) (Australia). During her MBA studies at the University of Strathclyde, she obtained the special award Sir Paul Girolami Prize for being the best student in the area of General and Strategic Management. Both the University of Strathclyde and Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology are prominent universities currently ranked by The Times Higher Education to be top 500 and top 350 in the 2022 world university ranking.
Dr Eva Lim’s research interests include entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial opportunity recognition, entrepreneurial intention, entrepreneurial education, technology acceptance, and mobile technology. To date, she has published 11 papers in international refereed journals indexed to Web of Science, and/or Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC), and/or Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) and/or Scopus. These includes journals such as Journal of Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies (Emerald; ABDC-C), Journal of Computer Information Systems (Taylor & Francis; SCIE; ABDC-A), Telematics and Informatics (Elsevier; SSCI; ABDC-C), Data in Brief (Elsevier; Scopus), among others.
Along with article publications, Dr Eva Lim is also active in serving the academic community as a reviewer for international refereed journals such as Journal of Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies (Emerald; ABDC-C), Economic Modelling >(Elsevier; SSCI; ABDC-A), International Journal of Business and Society (UNIMAS; ESCI), and others.
Extending from research work, Dr Eva Lim is actively engaged in various research projects securing research funding from organizations and government bodies. To date, she has secured combined funding of RM138,200 from the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and from UCSI University. Topics of the research project include areas such as Developing a technology adoption journey map for the B40 Agropreneurs, Leadership in Times of Crisis: A Case Study on Malaysian Covid-19 Vaccination Program and Developing Digital Economy, Automation Models, and Mapping of Heritage Street Foods Beyond the Heritage City Enclave.
The impact of her research work and scholarly activities are also recognized by the awards received. She received the Outstanding Young Researcher Award 2016 from UCSI University at the faculty level and the Best Paper Award at the 8th International Conference on Business, Accounting, Finance and Economics 2020. In addition to this, she also received the Bronze medal in the Pertandingan Rekacipta & Inovasi Nasional (PRIN 2021) from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Silver medalist for the invention TRAGO apps: A solution to a smart travelling society at the Innovation Research, Invention and Application Exhibition 2019 (I-RIA 2019) from Universiti Utara Malaysia, Outstanding Mentoring Award 2016 from UCSI University at the faculty level, Consolation prize for Young Investigator Award from YSN-ASM International Scientific Virtual Conference (ISVC) 2021, and First runner-up for Institute of Higher Learning Start-up challenge 2016 from Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) for the business idea of MoneyJar: A jar at a time towards financial literacy.
With regard to academic leadership, Dr Eva Lim plays an active role in spearheading initiatives for academic development. Prior to the current position, Dr Eva Lim had served as the Deputy Dean and Head of Department in the Faculty of Business and Management. Additionally, Dr Eva Lim is also appointed as an academic advisor for ICAN College, Malaysia and as an external examiner for UCSI College, Malaysia.
On the teaching front, Dr Eva Lim has gathered considerable teaching experience in areas of entrepreneurship, organizational behaviour and management. She is committed to encouraging an interactive communication environment in class as well as to building critical thinking and problem-solving skills among the students. The commitment and passion for teaching are reflected in the recognition and awards received. She received the award as Outstanding Educator for achieving excellent student evaluation for all courses taught throughout the years 2020 and 2018.
Apart from the teaching duties, Dr Eva Lim is actively engaged in supervising student thesis/ dissertation projects. She has successfully guided and graduated 1 DBA, 4 MBAs and 52 undergraduate students while currently overseeing the supervision of 26 PhD candidates. In addition, Dr Eva Lim has mentored and led students in various business competitions and have consistently garnered prizes within the top five places from the year 2011 to 2016 in the Malaysian level Institute of Higher Learning Start-up challenge from the Malaysian Digital Economy Cooperation (MDEC).
(Last updated: 25 July 2022)
- Entrepreneurship (Undergraduate)
- Basic Entrepreneurship (Undergraduate)
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship (Undergraduate)
- Developing Entrepreneurship Skills 1 (Undergraduate)
- Developing Entrepreneurship Skills 2 (Undergraduate)
- Organisational Behaviour (Undergraduate)
- Fundamentals Of Management (Undergraduate)
- Lim, W., Sham, R., Loi, A. M. W., Shion, E., & Wong, B. Y. B. (2022). M-commerce adoption among youths in Malaysia: Dataset article. Data in Brief, 42, 108238. (Publisher: Elsevier, ISSN: 2352-3409; Clarivate Analytics; Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI); Scopus).
Zhou, Y., Loi, A. M. W., Tan, G. W. H., Lo, P. S., & Lim, W. (2022). The survey dataset of The Influence of theory of planned behaviour on purchase behaviour on social media. Data in Brief, 42, 108239. (Publisher: Elsevier, ISSN: 2352-3409; Clarivate Analytics; Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI); Scopus)
- Lim, W., Lee, Y., & Al Mamun, A. (2021). Delineating competency and opportunity recognition in the entrepreneurial intention analysis framework. Journal of Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies. https://doi.org/10.1108/JEEE-02-2021-0080 (Publisher: Emerald, ISSN: 2053-4604; Clarivate Analytics; Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI); Scopus; ABDC-C)
- Yuan, Y. P., Tan, G. W. H., Ooi, K. B., & Lim, W. L. (2021). Can COVID-19 pandemic influence experience response in mobile learning?. Telematics and Informatics, 64, 101676. (Publisher: Elsevier, US; ISSN: 0736-5853; Clarivate Analytics; Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI); JCR-2021, IF = 9.140; ABDC-C)
- Tew, H. T., Tan, G. W. H., Loh, X. M., Lee, V. H., Lim, W. L., & Ooi, K. B. (2021). Tapping the next purchase: embracing the wave of mobile payment. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 62(3), 527-535. (Publisher: Taylor & Francis; ISSN: 2380-2057; Clarivate Analytics; Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE); JCR - 2021, IF = 3.317; ABDC-A)
- Weilee Lim (2019), Ideas and opportunities: Impact of technology knowledge through entrepreneurial alertness, Paper presented at 2019 International Symposium on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (TEMS-ISIE 2019), Hangzhou, China, doi.org/10.1109/TEMS-ISIE46312.2019.9074308. (Scopus).
- WeiLee Lim, & Lee, Y. (2019, July). The impact of social networks on technology entrepreneurs’ opportunity recognition process. In 2019 7th International Conference on Information and Communication Technology (ICoICT) (pp. 1-7). IEEE. 10.1109/ICoICT.2019.8835289 (Scopus)
- Consolation prize, Young Investigator Award, YSN-ASM International Scientific Virtual Conference (ISVC) 2021 by Academy of Sciences Malaysia.
- Bronze medal, Pertandingan Rekacipta & Inovasi Nasional (PRIN 2021) by Kebangsaan Malaysia.
- Outstanding Educator award for achieving excellent student evaluation on all courses for the year 2018 awarded by Faculty of Business and Management, UCSI University.
- Silver medalist for the invention TRAGO apps: A solution to a smart traveling society at the Innovation Research, Invention and Application Exhibition 2019 (I-RIA 2019), by Universiti Utara Malaysia.
- Outstanding Educator award for achieving excellent student evaluation on all courses for the year 2018 awarded by Faculty of Business and Management, UCSI University.
- Outstanding Young Researcher Award (2016) for research development awarded by Faculty of Business and Management, UCSI University.
- Outstanding Mentoring Award (2016) for student mentoring awarded by Faculty of Business and Management, UCSI University
Doctorate (as main and co-supervisor) –20 PhD in progress; 1 DBA Completed
Master’s (as main and co-supervisor) – 5 completed; 2 in progress
Student name: Hang Joo Lee
Degree: Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
Institution: UCSI University, Malaysia
Thesis title: Relationship Between Human Resource Management Practices, Knowledge Sharing And Individual Creativity In Malaysian Small And Medium-Sized Manufacturing Companies
Status: Completed, 2021
List of Postgraduate Supervision
1. Co-Supervisor (DBA) to Hang Joo Lee (2021 Graduated), Relationship Between Human Resource Management Practices, Knowledge Sharing And Individual Creativity In Malaysian Small And Medium-Sized Manufacturing Companies.
2. Supervisor (PhD) to Asma Khatun (2019- Ongoing), Women empowerment through entrepreneurship in micro and small enterprises (MSEs): Prospects and challenges in Bangladesh perspective.
3. Supervisor (PhD) to Andrey Andoko Rahardjo (2019- Ongoing), The role of strategic entrepreneurship in digital business transformation: newspaper industry case.
4. Supervisor (PhD) to Nguyen Quang Hưng (2020- Ongoing), Entrepreneurial intention among millennials in Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam
5. Supervisor (PhD) to Zhao Yuan (2020- Ongoing), Research on the Online Channel Decision Based on the Consumer Utility
6. Supervisor (MBA) to Liu JiaXi (2020), The relationship between materialism, uniqueness value, social influence, eco-consciousness, face consciousness, perceived risk and intention to purchase second-hand luxury
7. Supervisor (MBA) to Shan XinYue (2020), Factors influencing online fashion shopping by online consumers.
8. Supervisor (MBA) to Meng LingYuan (2021), Role of entrepreneurship in efficacious business.
9. Supervisor (PhD) to Zhang Yuting (2021 - Ongoing), Research on innovation path and policy support of traditional manufacturing industry in Ningxia.
10. Supervisor (PhD) to Wen Zhijun (2021- Ongoing), Internationalization Process of Chinese Multinational Enterprises' Cross Economy: from the Perspective of Social Network and Entrepreneurial Opportunity.
11. Supervisor (PhD) to Li Jia (2021- Ongoing), Factors Influencing Innovation Capability of SME International Publishers Attracting High-quality Content from China Amid Challenging Time.
12. Supervisor (PhD) to Li Junling (2021- Ongoing), Research on Parent and Subsidiary Companies Control Mode Design and its Influence Factors of Chinese enterprise group.
13. Supervisor (PhD) to Gao Yueyang (2021- Ongoing), Critically Discussing the Negative Impact of Covid-19 Situation on the Growth of Malaysian SMEs.
14. Supervisor (PhD) to Xiao Lu (2021- Ongoing), A Theoretical and Positive Study of the Entrepreneurship Team of Chinese College Students.
15. Supervisor (PhD) to Ying Limeng (2021- Ongoing), How does digital transformation affect enterprise performance: The mediating role of intra-firm and inter-firm pay dispersions.
16. Supervisor (PhD) to Li Chuanping (2021- Ongoing), Under the Global Epidemic Environment: The Development of China's Cross-Border E-Commerce and the Profitability of Dilemma Transformation.
17. Supervisor (PhD) to Ma Dongfang (2021- Ongoing), Strategic development favouring small and macro enterprise with custom furniture production as their main business.
18. Supervisor (PhD) to Zhang Yu (2021- Ongoing), In the Context of e-Commerce: The Business Model and Innovative Development Strategies of SMEs in Media Industry in Underdeveloped Regions in China.
19. Supervisor (PhD) to Wu Xiao (2021- Ongoing), Research on the core Characteristics of E-Commerce Entrepreneurial Team and its Construction Approach——A cross-cultural perspective.
20. Supervisor (PhD) to Gao Xi (2021- Ongoing), A Research on enterprise strategic management behavior driven by knowledge innovation.
21. Supervisor (PhD) to Gao Wen (2021- Ongoing), Research on transformation of strategic management of small and medium enterprises under the impact of Covid-19 outbreak.
22. Supervisor (PhD) to Chen Shali (2022- Ongoing), Research on the New Model of Rural Industry Revitalization Based on Social Entrepreneurship.
23. Supervisor (PhD) to Peng Jinlin (2022- Ongoing), Study of Formation Mechanism and Mitigation Strategy of Cross-border Electronic Commerce Risk.
24. Supervisor (PhD) to Wang Conghui (2022- Ongoing), Cross-border e-commerce development in the era of globalization: a case study of South-east Asian market
25. Supervisor (PhD) to Hao Puyan (2022- Ongoing), Multinational corporation strategic management in the context of capital globalization.
26. Supervisor (PhD) to Wu Jiawei (2022- Ongoing), Investigation on How E-Commerce is Impacting the Earth’s Environment and Value of Physical Shops.
27. Supervisor (PhD) to Ehsan Darvishmoghaddam (2022- Ongoing), Role of strate
28. Supervisor (PhD) to Zhong Jinzhao (2022- Ongoing), when the oriental management met the Eastern management.
29. Supervisor (PhD) to Wu Dan (2022- Ongoing), Implementation and research methods for chinese technology companies on start-up business financing.
30. Supervisor (PhD) to Wang Yi (2022- Ongoing), Post-covid 19 pandemic period: business development and consumer behavior in the context of new media in China.
List of Undergraduate Supervision
1. Si Sang (2011), The impact of personality and entrepreneurial orientation on entrepreneur involvement among UCSI university students.
2. Liu Lu Peng and Liu Zhong (2013), An empirical study of personality and environmental factors influencing entrepreneurial intention among Malaysia university students.
3. Foong Kam Fai and Ho Su Jing (2013), Entrepreneurial intention among university students in developed and developing countries.
4. Chow Wan Yee and Ong Ting Fang (2013), The influence of cultural values on entrepreneurial intention: A comparison between Malay and Chinese students in Malaysia.
5. Diana and Lean Wenn Ching (2013), The influence of age on entrepreneurial intention among youth and adults in Malaysia.
6. Wong Wei Key and Wong Kar Yi (2015), Career choice intentions of undergraduates with family business background in Klang Valley, Malaysia.
7. Xian Yunshi and Hee Shin Lu (2015), Cyber-entrepreneurial intention among Kuala Lumpur residents in Malaysia.
8. How Chui Min and Choo Jia Huey (2015), Entreprenuerial intention of Engineering students at universities in Klang Valley.
9. Cheah May Hoong and Ow Jia Loon (2016), Factors that influence social entrepreneurship motivation of business students at universities in Klang Valley, Malaysia.
10. Kuek Jia Qi and Ng Hui Min (2016), The impact of personality traits and attitudes on entrepreneurial intention among youth and middle-aged adults in Klang Valley, Malaysia
11. Lew Yoong Wei (2017), The impact of entrepreneurship education on the entrepreneurship intentions of students in the national universities of Malaysia.
12. Cao Jia Nan and Lee Kah Wei (2017), Entrepreneurial intention of undergraduates with Confucius value in Chinese culture in klang valley, Malaysia.
13. Lau Wai Kei and Liu Zi Jing (2017), Entrepreneurial intention among Chinese university students and Malaysian university students.
14. Lau Shau Tian and Lee Hung Yan (2017), The analysis of the effect of entrepreneurial self-efficacy on entrepreneurial intention of undergraduates in Kuala Lumpur.
15. Kelvin Sabastian and Christopher Tanwinata (2017), Social entrepreneurship intention among generation Y and Z.
16. Ho Jia Yen and Wong Pui Shi (2018), The study of work-life balance of women entrepreneurs.
17. Wong Chee Soon and Tan Chuu Wei (2018), Factors affecting consumer’s perception on the usage of mobile payment among generation Z in Malaysia.
18. Chua Khai Lyn and Chai Xin Yu (2019), Examination of the intention behavior to adopt E-Wallet: UTAUT model.
19. Leong Mei Wei and Liu Yang (2019), Impact of risks and securities factors affecting consumers’ intention to adopt E-Wallet: Malaysian case
20. Tan You Sheng and Ang Boon Kiat (2020), Variables Influencing The Bagpacker’s Intention To Use Mobile Technology For Hotel Reservation In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
21. Enami Shion and Bernard Wong Yan Bin (2020), Factors Influencing The Adoption Of M-Commerce Within Youth In Malaysia Among Malaysian.
22. Abualhasan & Ouichitto (2020), Factors affecting e-wallet adoption, integrating into a cashless society
23. Hee Suet-Yee & Yong Yu-Wen (2021), Factors that affect the financial well-being of young employees in Malaysia during covid-19 crisis.
24. Gabriel Valent & Liau Chi Cheng (2021) Factor that influences reuse intention towards mobile food delivery application in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Jakarta (Indonesia)
25. Syeda Alina Zaidi & Younus Muhammad Areeb (2022) Organizational and individual factors affecting employee innovative behavior.
26. Kyle Ho Win Suen & Liu Bai Hui (2022) Factors that will influence usage of social media in SMEs tour operators in Malaysia.
- Ministry of Education, Malaysia – Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS) 2019 (Co-investigator)
Sum awarded: RM 49,700
Title: Developing Digital Economy, Automation Models, and Mapping of Heritage Street Foods Beyond The Heritage City Enclave.
- Ministry of Education, Malaysia – Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS) 2021 (Co-investigator)
Sum awarded: RM 63,500
Title: Developing a technology adoption journey map for the B40 Agropreneurs
- UCSI University Research Excellence & Innovation Grant
UCSI University – UCSI Research Excellence & Innovative Grant (REIG) 2022 (co-investigator)
Sum awarded: RM25,000
Title: Leadership in Times of Crisis: A Case Study on Malaysian Covid-19 Vaccination Program
- YSN-ASM International Scientific Virtual Conference (IVSC) , 2021, ASM
- 7th International Conference on Information and Communication Technology, MMU, 2019
- International Symposium on Innovation and Entrepreneurship TEMS-ISIE, 2019
- Asian Academy of Management International Conference, USM, 2019
- International Conference on Human Capital ICHC, Taylor's University, 2018
- Conference on Quantitative Sciences and its Applications (ICOQSIA), UUM 2018
Ad-Hoc Reviewer for:
- Journal of Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies (Emerald, Scopus Q1, ABDC – C, ABS – 1)
- Economic Modelling (Elsevier, Scopus Q1, SSCI)
Other Professional Activities:
- Academic advisor for ICAN College, Malaysia, 2021.
- External examiner for UCSI College, Malaysia, 2021.
- Panel of judges for Research Innovation, Commercialisation, and Entrepreneurship Showcase (RICES 2021) by MMU.