Dr. Lim Yet Mee is an Associate Professor at the Graduate Business School of UCSI University, Malaysia. Prior to this, she was an Associate Professor at the Faculty of Accountancy and Management, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR), Malaysia. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Management from the University of Southwestern Louisiana (USA), MBA from the University of New Orleans (USA), and PhD in Business Administration from the University of Alabama (USA). She is a senior in her profession with about 30 years of teaching research, and supervision experience.
Dr. Lim’s research interest lies in the areas of organizational behavior, marketing, tourism, and student employability. She has published in reputed journals such as Journal of Business & Psychology (Springer; SSCI), International Journal of Tourism Research (Wiley; SSCI), Journal of China Tourism Research (Taylor & Francis; ESCI; Scopus), The International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research (Taylor & Francis; ESCI; Scopus), Strategic Outsourcing: An International Journal (Emerald; ESCI; Scopus), VINE Journal of Information and Knowledge Management (Emerald; ESCI; Scopus), among others.
She has managed to secure more than internal and external grants, worth more than RM100,000 in total, as a principal researcher and co-researcher, from different institutions such as the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), Malaysian Accountancy Research and Education Foundation (MAREF), Help University, Sunway University, and UTAR. Dr. Lim is also recognized for her teaching performance whereby she received a Certificate of Achievement for Academic Evaluation (above 3.5 out of 4.00), consecutively for the years 2021 and 2022. Her efforts and excellent skill in research supervision have earned her the Outstanding Postgraduate Supervision Award 2021.
Dr. Lim is also actively involved in review activities. She serves as a reviewer for journals and conferences such as Employee Relations (Emerald; SSCI). In her prior institutions, she was in charge of reviewing external funding (FRGS) applications put forward by other lecturers. She served as a Review Board member for the Journal of Marketing Advances and Practices (Refereed journal) for a period of two years.
Dr. Lim is committed to extending her service to various consultancy and academic activities. She has been appointed as a member of the International Committee Board and Session Chair for conference events. In addition, she was invited to serve as a member of the Advisory Board for Business Research Methods for Oxford Fajar Malaysia. She was also appointed as the exam reviewer for the Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA). She was the research coordinator for MBA and undergraduate business programs.
Dr. Lim involved herself in several professional bodies, in which she was the Evaluation Panel Member for Lembaga Akreditasi Negara (LAN) (2001-2003), Member of the Institute of Behavioral and Applied Management (1994 -1997), Member of the International Association for Time Use Research (1993-1994), Member of Alpha Kappa Psi (1993 - 1997), Member of the Southern Management Association (1992 - 1997), Member of the Time and Organization Network (1991 - 1997), and Member of the Academy of Management (1990 - 1997).
(Last updated: 25 July 2022)
- Organizational Behavior (DBA)
- Leadership and Organizational Change (DBA)
- Global Corporate Strategy (DBA)
- Global Management and Business Issues (DBA)
- Understanding and Appreciating Research (DBA/PhD)
- Human Resources and Organizational Behavior (Master’s)
- Business Policy and Strategic Management (Master’s)
- Human Resource Management (Master’s)
- Cham, T. H., Lim, Y. M., & Sigala, M. (2022). Marketing and social influences, hospital branding, and medical tourists' behavioural intention: Before‐and after‐service consumption perspective. International Journal of Tourism Research, 24(1), 140-157. (Publisher: Wiley; ISSN: 1522-1970; Clarivate Analytics; Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI); JCR - 2022, IF = 4.737; ABDC-A)
- Cham, T. H., Lim, Y. M., Sia, B. C., Cheah, J. H., & Ting, H. (2021). Medical tourism destination image and its relationship with the intention to revisit: A study of Chinese medical tourists in Malaysia. Journal of China Tourism Research, 17(2), 163-191. (Publisher: Taylor & Francis; ISSN: 1938-8179; Clarivate Analytics; Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI); ABDC-B)
- Cham, T. H., Ng, C. K. Y., Lim, Y. M., & Cheng, B. L. (2018). Factors influencing clothing interest and purchase intention: a study of Generation Y consumers in Malaysia. The International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research, 28(2), 174-189. (Publisher: Taylor & Francis; ISSN: 1466-4402; Clarivate Analytics; Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI); ABDC-B)
- Cham, T. H., Lim, Y. M., Cheng, B. L., & Lee, T. H. (2016). Determinants of knowledge management systems success in the banking industry. VINE Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems, 46(1), 2-20. (Publisher: Emerald; ISSN: 2059-5891; Clarivate Analytics; Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI); ABDC-B)
- Cham, T. H., Lim, Y. M., Aik, N. C., & Tay, A. G. M. (2016). Antecedents of hospital brand image and the relationships with medical tourists’ behavioral intention. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, 10(4), 412-431. (Publisher: Emerald; ISSN: 1750-6123; Clarivate Analytics; Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI); ABDC-C)
- Lim, Y. M., Lee, T. H., Yap, C. S., & Ling, C. C. (2016). Employability skills, personal qualities, and early employment problems of entry-level auditors: Perspectives from employers, lecturers, auditors, and students. Journal of Education for Business, 91(4), 185-192. (Publisher: Taylor & Francis; ISSN: 1940-3356, Clarivate Analytics; Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI); ABDC-C)
- Yap, C. S., Lim, Y. M., Jalaludin, F. W., & Lee, T. H. (2016). Determinants of ICT outsourcing among the locally-owned manufacturers in Malaysia. Strategic Outsourcing: An International Journal, 9(3), 324-342. (Publisher: Emerald: ISSN: 1753-8297; Clarivate Analytics; Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI); ABDC-C)
- Lim, Y. M., & Cham, T. H. (2015). A profile of the Internet shoppers: Evidence from nine countries. Telematics and Informatics, 32(2), 344-354. (Publisher: Elsevier; ISSN: 0736-5853; Clarivate Analytics; Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI); JCR - 2022, IF = 9.140; ABDC-C)
- Lim, Y. M., & Seers, A. (1993). Time dimensions of work: Relationships with perceived organizational performance. Journal of Business and Psychology, 8(1), 91-102. (Publisher: Springer; ISSN: 1573-353X; Clarivate Analytics; Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI); JCR - 2022, IF = 6.604; ABDC-A)
Yet Mee Lim & Teck Heang Lee (February 2020). “Operating Issues and Challenges: The Case of Pachitan Homestay from 2017 to 2019.” Journal of Marketing Advances and Practices, 2(1), 13-25.
(http://jmaap.org/current-issue. eISSN: 2682-8170. Published by Sarawak Research Society)
Yet Mee Lim, Tat Huei Cham, Teck Heang Lee, & Tharunika @ Chithra latha Ramalingam (October 2019). “Employer-Employee Perceptual Differences in Job Competency: A Study of Generic Skills, Knowledge Required, and Persoanl Qualities for Accounting-Related Entry-Level Job Positions.” International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, 9(4), 73-83.
(www.hrmars.com. An open access journal. E-ISSN: 2225-8329, P-ISSN: 2308-0337)
Lee Teck Heang, Ling Chui Ching, Lim Yet Mee, & Cham Tat Huei (September 2019). “University Education and Employment Challenges: An Evaluation of Fresh Accounting Graduates in Malaysia.” International Journal of Academic Research in Business & Social Sciences, 9(9), 1061-1076.
(Abstracting/Indexed in Excellence for Research in Australia (ERA), Research Gate, ULrichWeb, Gale/Cengage Learning, Journal Seek, and Google Scholar. ISSN: 2222-6990. http://dx.doi.org/10.6007/IJARBSS/v9-i9/6396)
Lee Teck Heang, Lim Yet Mee, Tharunka @ Chithra Latha Ramalingam, and Chew Siew Hoe (February 2019). “Job Opportunities and Employability Skills Required of Business Graduates in Malaysia: An Investigation through Online Job Advertisements.” Journal of Marketing Advances and Practices, 1(1), 37-49.
(http://jmaap.org/current-issue. eISSN: 2682-8170. Published by Sarawak Research Society)
Lim Yet Mee, Cham Tat Huei, & Sia Bee Chuan (July-September 2018). “Medical Tourists Behavioral Intention in Relation to Motivational Factors and Perceived Image of the Service Providers.” International Academic Journal of Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management, 5(3), pp.1-16.
(Indexed in Bibliothekssystem Universität–Hamburg, Staatsbibliothek Zu Berlin-Berlin State Library, New Jour-Electronic Journals & Newsletter; Max Perutz Library-Vienna, Zeitschriftendatenbank (ZDB)-German Journal Database, Google Scholar, Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory, Cabell’s Directories, Scientific Journal Impact Factor, CrossRef, The British Library, Worldcat, UK Index. ISSN: 2454-2210)
Latha Rani, Lim Yet Mee, & Lee Teck Heang (June 2018). “Intrinsic and Extrinsic Factors in Relation to Junior Auditors’ Job satisfaction and Turnover Intention.” International Academic Research Journal of Business and Technology, 4(1), pp. 8-20.
(www.iarjournal.com. Open Access. ISSN:2289-8433)
Tat Huei Cham, Caryn Kar Yan Ng, Yet Mee Lim, & Boon Liat Cheng (November 2017). “Factors Influencing Clothing Interest and Purchase Intention: A Study of Generation Y Consumers in Malaysia.” The International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research. Taylor and Francis Online, pp. 1-16.
(https://doi.org/10.1080/09593969.2017.1397045. Indexed in ABI/Inform, CSA, EBSCO, IBSS, IBZ, OCLC, PIRA International, PsycINFO, Scopus, Swets Information Services, and Thomson Gale. ISSN: 0959-3969. Online ISSN: 1466-4402).
Tat Huei Cham, Yet Mee Lim, Nai Chiek Aik, and Alexander Guan Meng Tay (December 2016). “Antecedents of Hospital brand Image and the Relationships with Medical Tourist’ Behavioral Intention.” International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare, 10(4), 412-431
(http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/IJPHM-02-2016-0012. Abstracted and indexed by Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Marketing Electronic Collections Online, Inspec, ReadCube Discover, Scopus, The Publication Forum (Finland), Zetoc (British Library), ISI Web of Science).
Ching Seng Yap, Yet Mee Lim, Farah Waheeda Jalaludin, and Teck Heang Lee (December 2016). “Determinants of ICT Outsourcing among the Locally-Owned Manufacturers in Malaysia.” Strategic Outsourcing: An International Journal, 9(3), 324-342.
(http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/SO-03-2016-0011. Abstracted and ranked in Australian Business Deans Council, Inspec, Proquest, Publication Forum, ReadCube Discover, Scopus, Thomson Reuters Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI)/ ISI Web of Science)
Sudhashini Nair, Lim Yet Mee, and Aik Nai Cheik (November 2016). “Internal Push Factors and External Pull Factors and Their Relationships with Lecturers’ Turnover Intention.” International Journal of Business and Management, 12(11), 110-126.(http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/ijbm.v11n12p110. Index/List/Archive in EBSCOhost, Electronic Journals Library, Google Scholar, Journal TOCS, Lockss, National Library of Australia, New Jour, Open J-Gate, PKP Open Archives Harvester, SHERPA/RoMeo, Standard Periodical Library, The Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA), Ulrich’s, and Universal Digital Library. ISSN: 1833-3850, E-ISSN 1833-8119.)
Lim Yet-Mee, Benjamin Chan Yin-Fah, and Han Kok-Siew (May 2016). “Similarities and Differences of Work Values between Gen X and Gen Y in Malaysia.” International Business Management, 10(9), 1687-1692.
(http://medwelljournals.com/abstract/?doi=ibm.2016.1687.1692; DOI:10.3932/ibm.2016.1687.1692. ISSN: 1993-5250. Abstracted/Indexed in: Scopus, World Agri. Database, MedLit, Agro asia, and ASCI-ACR.)
Yet-Mee Lim, Teck Heang Lee, Ching Seng Yap, and Chui Ching Ling (March 2016). “Employability Skills, Personal Qualities, and Early Employment Problems of Entry-Level Auditors: Perspectives from Employers, Lecturers, Auditors, and Students.” Journal of Education for Business, 91(4), 185-192.
(http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/08832323.2016.1153998. ISSN: 0883-2323 (Print); 1940-3356 (Online). Abstracted and indexed in CSA (PsycINFO), De Gruyter Saur, EBSCOhost, Education Resources Information Center (ERIC), Gale, H.W. Wilson, OCLC, and ProQuest.)
Tat Huei Cham, Yet Mee Lim, Boon Liat Cheng, and Teck Heang Lee (February 2016). “Determinants of Knowledge Management Systems Success in the Banking Industry.” VINE Journal of Information and Knowledge Management, 46(1), 2-20.(http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1108/VJIKMS-03-2014-0021. ISSN: 2059-5891. This journal is indexed and abstracted in ABDC; ABI Inform; Current Abstracts ; Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA); INSPEC ; Library and Information Science Abstracts (LISA) ; Library, Information Science and Technology Abstracts (LISTA); TOC Premier; SCOPUS, ISI Web of Science).
- UCSI University Research Excellence & Innovation Grant
Project title: Leadership in Times of Crisis: A Case Study on Malaysian Covid-19 Vaccination Program
Position: Co-Principal investigator
Researchers: Professor Datuk Ir. Ts. Dr. Siti Hamisah Binti Tapsir, Cham Tat Huei, Marlia Binti Puteh, Pek Chuen Khee, Eva Lim Wai Lee.
Durations: 1st June 2022- 31st May 2023
Master’s (as main supervisor and co-supervisor) -- 25 completed; 14 in progress
Doctorate (as main supervisor and co-supervisor) – 19 PhD; 5 DBA in progress
- Certificate of Achievement for Academic Evaluation (above 3.5 out of 4.00) 2021, by UCSI Graduate Business School, UCSI University.
- Certificate of Achievement for Academic Evaluation (above 3.5 out of 4.00) 2022, by UCSI Graduate Business School, UCSI University.
- Outstanding Postgraduate Supervision Award 2021, by UCSI Graduate Business School, UCSI University.
- Member of the Advisory Board for Business Research Methods for Oxford Fajar Malaysia (by invitation, 25 September 2012)
- Exam reviewer for the Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA) for Business Organization and Management at the diploma level (April 2011 – December 2018). UTAR consultancy approval #: UDCC/601-32/2011.
- Served as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) of Wawasan Open University in Research Methods. Facilitating and guiding students at the master’s level (MBA) in Research Methods (January – May 2011). UTAR consultancy approval #: UDCC/601-39/2011. Also served as a module reviewer and writer for the subject Managing Human Resources at the MBA level (July – September 2011). UTAR consultancy approval #: UDCC/601-75/2011.
- Visiting lecturer at UCSI University. Taught Understanding and Appreciating Research at the DBA level (September – December 2010).
- Served as a module writer, examiner, moderator, lecturer, and online tutor for Open University Malaysia (since January 2005):
- The subject-matter expert, online tutor, moderator, and lecturer of Operations Management module at the degree level. Duties include (1) developing, moderating, and marking of assignments and exam questions; (2) online tutoring; (3) lecturing, and (4) revising the module workbook.
- The moderator and examiner of Logistic Management module at the degree level. Duties include the moderation and development of assignment and exam questions.
- The moderator of Introductory Business Decision Making at the degree level. Duties include the revision of the module workbook—two chapters were written to add to the workbook; and the moderation of assignment and exam questions.