|Approval Code||R3/812/6/0049; 06/2026|
|Accreditation Code||A 7867|
|Subject Area||Event & Tourism Management|
|Course Duration||3 Years (14 weeks per semester, 7 weeks per short semester)|
|Intakes||January, May and September (Kuching Campus only)|
UCSI University’s BA (Hons) in Event & Tourism Management is a 3-year programme that equips you with operational, supervisory and managerial knowledge and skills, required for modern management of business industry. It covers a wide range of areas from conventions, events to tourism.
Tourism is viewed as a very important and viable industry worldwide. In Malaysia, it is one of the fastest growing and largest revenue earner providing massive business and employment opportunities.
Within the field of tourism, is the rapidly booming business of meetings, conventions and events. The state of Sarawak has launched the Sarawak Convention Bureau (SCB) in view of this favourable opportunity. Into its first year of operations, the SCB has already confirmed 24 new meetings for the state - translated into an estimation of 16,000 hotel room nights and RM16.3 million in direct delegate expenditure.
Recognising the potential of this vibrant industry and its need of qualified human capital, UCSI University Kuching Campus introduces the B.A. (HONS.) Events & Tourism Management as a means to guide students into a most successful and rewarding career in Event & Tourism.
Graduates of this programme will obtain two separate degree certificates that will be awarded by UCSI University and HTMi Switzerland – one of the world’s leading hospitality schools.
The assessment includes a combination of examinations, projects and assignments, and finally a requirement to complete a dissertation in Independent Project in the final year. Students will acquire up-to-date vocational skills that are relevant and competitive. This reflects the complex and challenging nature of the accounting, finance and business realms.
English Language Requirements
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM/UEC level; or MUET BAND 3; or IELTS BAND5.0; or TOEFL IBT 42; or Pearson Test of English Test of 47; or Cambridge English Qualification and Test Minimum Score of 154.
In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but which are not conducted in English, are required to sit for the English Placement Test, which may result in the taking of the Certificate in English programme (1 to 10 months). Students who intend to pursue the above undergraduate programme directly, are advised to fulfil the above English requirements prior to commencing their studies at the University.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
Career opportunities are wide and varied for graduates from this discipline. Students may expect to be employed by:
- Travel Agency Manager
- Tour Operator
- Cruise Manager
- Theme Park Manager
- Tourism Project Manager
- Recreation Manager
- Event Manager
- Convention Centre Manager
- Entertainment Specialist
- Banquet Manager
- Introduction to Accounting
- Fundamentals of Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Introduction to Management and Organisation Theory
- Business Communication
- University Life (MPU 2)
- Extra-Curricular Learning Experience I (MPU 4)
- Business Statistics
- Customer Service
- Cross Cultural Studies
- Foreign Language (Japanese, German, Mandarin or Korean)
- Introduction to the Events Industry
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia or Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 3 (MPU 1)
- Hospitality and Tourism Human Resource Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Hospitality and Tourism Economics
- Planning and Management of Events
- Tour and Travel Operations
- Special Interest Tourism
- Visitor Attraction Management
- Hubungan Etnik or Pengajian Malaysia (MPU 1)
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience II (MPU 4)
- Event Operations Management
- Business Event Management
- Destination Marketing
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Accounting
- Hospitality Revenue Management
- Co-operative Placement 1
- Business Research Method
- Tourism Planning, Development and Management
- Tourism and Business of Hotels
- Independent Project A
- Extra-Curricular Learning Experience III (MPU 4)
- Leadership and Business Performance
- Casino, Club and Resort Management
- Convention Sales, Services and Operations
- Business Event Operations
- Event Marketing
- Hospitality and Tourism Strategic Management
- Event Risk Management
- Independent Project B
- Malaysian Ethnic Food (MPU 3)
- Co-operative Placement 2
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via BA (Hons) in Event and Tourism Management (A Dual Award with HTMi Switzerland)
|BA (Hons) Event Management (Top-up)||2+1||University of Northampton||United Kingdom||£ 11700|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.