UCSI University’s BA (Hons) in Hospitality Management is a 3-year programme to equip students with operational, supervisory and managerial knowledge and skills, required for modern management in the global hospitality industry. It covers a wide range of areas from Front Office, housekeeping, food and beverage, kitchen to events. Students also have the prospect of indulging in research and development relevant to the industry’s emerging issues such as tourism policies and eco hospitality. Graduates of this programme will obtain two separate degree certificates that will be awarded by UCSI University and HTMi Switzerland – one of the world’s leading hospitality schools.
The assessment includes a combination of examinations, projects and assignments, and finally a requirement to complete a dissertation in Independent Project in the final year. Students will acquire up-to-date vocational skills that are relevant and competitive. This reflects the complex and challenging nature of the accounting, finance and business realms.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language RequirementsFor Local Students (Diploma and Degree)
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English Language; or a minimum grade of C in SPM English Language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or a minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 of MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum Band 3 of MUET (Malaysian University English Test); or a minimum band score of 5.0 in IELTS (5.5 band score for BA (Hons) Commerce programme); or a minimum score of 42 in TOEFL IBT; or a minimum score of 47 in PTE (Pearson Test of English); or a minimum score of 154 in Cambridge English Qualifications and Test.
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- Business Communication
- Introduction to Management and Organisation Theory
- Introduction to Accounting
- Fundamentals of Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Basic Food Preparations
- Food & Beverage Service
- Sanitation, Safety and Hygiene
- Introduction to Wine & Bar
- Introduction to Foreign Languages in Hospitality Industry (Japanese, German, Mandarin, Korean, or French)
Elective (Choose One)
- Cross Cultural Studies
- Food and Beverage Management
- Commercial Cookery
- Front Office Operation Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Human Resource Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Business Research Method
- Housekeeping Management
- Customer Service
- Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
- Business Statistics
- Hospitality Revenue Management
Elective 1 (Choose One)
- Event Operations Management
- Conventions and Exhibitions Management
Elective 2 (Choose One)
- Tourism and Business of Hotels
- Independent Project A
- Food and Beverage Labour Cost Control
- Hospitality Facilities Management & Design
- Tourism Planning, Development and Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Strategic Management
- Independent Project B
- Leadership and Business Performance
- Financial Management for Hospitality and Tourism
- Co-operative Placement
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
The hospitality industry is the world’s largest industry and continues to grow in size resulting in a great demand for trained professionals.
Upon graduation, students can expect to be employed by international employers successfully making their way up the corporate ladder in the local and global tourism and hospitality industry, specializing in international hotel and resort management, leisure and wellness management, training consultancy, as well as sales and marketing.
Career opportunities are wide and varied for graduates from this discipline. Students may expect to be employed by:
- Hotels & Motels
- Spas & Resorts
- Food Service Establishments
- Casinos & Theme Parks
- Property Management Companies
- Hospitality Consultancies
- Education Bodies
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in International Hospitality Business||2 + 1||Glion Institute of Higher Education||Switzerland||CHF 62,900|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Global Hospitality Management||2 + 1||Les Roches Global Hospitality Education||Switzerland||CHF 50,400|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.