|Approval Code||R2/811/6/0174; 08/2024|
|Subject Area||Hospitality Management|
|Course Duration||3 Years (14 weeks per semester, 7 weeks per short semester)|
|Intakes||January, May and September (Sarawak Campus only)|
UCSI University’s BA (Hons) in Hospitality Management is a 3-year programme to equip students with operational, supervisory and managerial knowledge and skills, required for modern management in the global hospitality industry. It covers a wide range of areas from Front Office, housekeeping, food and beverage, kitchen to events. Students also have the prospect of indulging in research and development relevant to the industry’s emerging issues such as tourism policies and eco hospitality. Graduates of this programme will obtain two separate degree certificates that will be awarded by UCSI University and HTMi Switzerland – one of the world’s leading hospitality schools.
The assessment includes a combination of examinations, projects and assignments, and finally a requirement to complete a dissertation in Independent Project in the final year. Students will acquire up-to-date vocational skills that are relevant and competitive. This reflects the complex and challenging nature of the accounting, finance and business realms.
English Language Requirements
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM/UEC level; or MUET BAND 3; or IELTS BAND 5.0; or TOEFL IBT 42; or Pearson Test Of Englis Test Of 47; or Cambridge English Qualification and Test Minimum Score of 154.
In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but which are not conducted in English, are required to sit for the English Placement Test, which may result in the taking of the Certificate in English programme (1 to 10 months). Students who intend to pursue the above undergraduate programme directly, are advised to fulfil the above English requirements prior to commencing their studies at the University.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
The hospitality industry is the world’s largest industry and continues to grow in size resulting in a great demand for trained professionals.
Upon graduation, students can expect to be employed by international employers successfully making their way up the corporate ladder in the local and global tourism and hospitality industry, specializing in international hotel and resort management, leisure and wellness management, training consultancy, as well as sales and marketing.
Career opportunities are wide and varied for graduates from this discipline. Students may expect to be employed by:
- Hotels & Motels
- Spas & Resorts
- Food Service Establishments
- Casinos & Theme Parks
- Property Management Companies
- Hospitality Consultancies
- Education Bodies
- Introduction to Accounting
- Fundamentals of Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Business Communication
- Basic Food Preparations
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience I (MPU-U4)
- Commercial Cookery
- Introduction to Management and Organisation Theory
- Food and Beverage and Labour Cost Control
- Sanitation, Safety and Hygiene
- Food and Beverage Service
- Business Statistics
- Customer Service
- Elective : Choose One
- Japanese Language
- German Language
- Mandarin Language
- Korean Language
- Food and Beverage Management
- Front Office Operation and Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
- Management Information System
- Cross Cultural Studies
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience II (MPU-U4)
- Introduction to Wine and Bar
- Housekeeping Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Hospitality and Tourism Human Resource Management
- Business Research Method
- Hospitality and Tourism Economics
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Accounting
- Casino, Club and Resort Management
- Convention Sales, Services and Operation
- Independent Project A
- Hospitality and Tourism Strategic Management
- Hospitality Facilities Management and Design
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience III (MPU-U4)
- Financial Management for Hospitality and Tourism
- Event Operations Management
- Independent Project B
- Hospitality Revenue Management
- Malaysian Experiential Tourism (MPU-U3)
- Co-operative Placement
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via BA (Hons) in Hospitality Management (A Dual Award with HTMi Switzerland)
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in International Hospitality Business||2 + 1||Glion Institute of Higher Education||Switzerland||CHF 62,900|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Global Hospitality Management||2 + 1||Les Roches Global Hospitality Education||Switzerland||CHF 50,400|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.