|Approval Code||R2/321/6/0152; 01/2025|
|Subject Area||Mass Communication|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
This degree programme offers students an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of Mass Communication in today’s fast changing world. It synthesises theories, research, practical and intellectual discourses on critical issues in order to develop and instill within students the potential to achieve performance and inculcate leadership qualities in the field of Mass Communication.
Coursework percentage: 60% and written examination percentage: 40%.
- A pass in STPM or its equivalent, with a minimum of Grade C (GPA 2.00) in any two subjects and a credit in English at SPM or its equivalent;
- A pass in STAM with a minimum grade of Jayyid and a credit in English at SPM or its equivalent
- A Diploma or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and a credit in English at SPM or its equivalent;
- A Diploma in Media and Communication or its equivalent;
- Matriculation/Foundation or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and credit in English at SPM or its equivalent.
English requirement has been changed to min entry requirement that is IELTS 5.0 and TOEFL 500 (programme standard page 25)
For international students:
In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be offered a “Conditional Offer” with the condition English competency is met through university’s English module.
**Equivalency of qualification in accordance to Malaysian Qualification Agency standards
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
Broadcasting, film, media, advertising, public relations / corporate communications, journalism, event management and photojournalism.
- Media, Law & Ethics
- Alternative Voices and Issues in Mass Communication
- Mass Communication Project
- Mass Communication Research 2
- Cooperative Placement 3
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 3 (MPU - U4)
Free Elective - Choose 3
- Video Editing
- New Media Production and Strategies
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Event Management
- Pop Culture
- Advertising Campaign
- Introduction to Psychology
- Organisational Behaviour
- Introduction to Political Science
- Critical Issues
- Future Directions, Future Casting
- Thinking and Being
Mass Communication Pathways – Choose One Pathway
Film & Television – Pathway Courses – (recommended to take 4 courses from selected pathway in Year 2, 3 courses in Year 3)
- Film Production
- Film Appreciation
- Documentary Production
- Directing and Aesthetics
- TV Production (CAPSTONE COURSE)
Journalism – Pathway Courses – (recommended to take 4 courses from selected pathway in Year 2, 3 courses in Year 3)
- Feature Writing
- New Media Journalism
- Broadcast Journalism
- Media Publishing for Print and New Media (CAPSTONE COURSE)
Marketing Communications – Pathway Courses – (recommended to take 4 courses from selected pathway in Year 2, 3 courses in Year 3)
- Creative Copywriting
- Marketing Strategies
- Brand Communication
- Consumer Behavior
- Media Planning & Management
- Integrated Marketing Communication Campaign
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via BA (Hons) Mass Communication
|BA (Hons) Mass Communication||2+1||University of Hertfordshire||United Kingdom||£ 12,350|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.