This programme is curated specially to address the need for jobs that demand skills in the area of Artificial Intelligence (AI). It encompasses the learning of AI, Computer and Engineering. By espousing these areas, students can expect to grasp a keen understanding of the technology, its history, functionality and challenges in the application of AI. This programme covers the core theoretical foundations and provides advanced algorithmic, statistical and computer engineering knowledge.
Essentially, students will be exposed to the design, modeling, analysis, and applications of AI through machine vision, language, signal processing and robotics. As students develop the adroitness in this field, gain new insights and smarter correlations, they will appreciate their transformation in the higher-order professional the industry needs.
Minimum 2Cs including Mathematics and Physics
Minimum 2Ds including Mathematics and Physics
Minimum 5Bs including Mathematics and Physics
CPU – Minimum average of 60% in 6 subjects, inclusive of a minimum score of 60% in Mathematics and Physics
Local Matriculation (Science based)
Minimum CGPA 2.0
Foundation from other University/ College (Science Stream)
Minimum CGPA 2.0
Maximum aggregate of 15 points out of best 5 subjects, inclusive of minimum Bs in Mathematics and Physics
Diploma/ Advance Diploma/ Degree/ equivalent
Minimum CGPA 2.0
- *Subject to Faculty discretion after reviewing transcript and syllabus. Max. 30% credit transfer
Other qualifications deemed equivalent to STPM/A-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Minimum overall average of 60%, inclusive of minimum 60% in Mathematics and Physics
Minimum 26/42 points from 6 subjects (inclusive Mathematics & Physics)
SAM – Minimum average of 60% in 5 subjects, inclusive of minimum scores of 60% in Mathematics and Physics
English Language Requirements
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject in SPM/UEC; or IELTS 5.0/CEFR B1 or equivalent with TOEFL PBT (410-413) or TOEFL IBT (34) or CAE (160) (Cambridge English: Advance)/CEFR B2 or CPE (180) (Cambridge English: Proficiency)/CEFR C1 or PTE (Pearson Test of English) (36) or MUET (Malaysian University English Test) Band 3.
- • Local students who do not meet the minimum requirement may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme based on the University’s decision.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to accept applicants who meet the borderline requirements.
SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM – 'A' to 'C'
'A' Level – 'A' to 'E'
Graduates are able to ﬁnd career opportunities in the following roles:
- Mathematical Methods for Engineers I
- Circuit Theory I
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- Computing for Engineers
- Mathematical Methods for Engineers II
- Analogue Electronics I
- Digital Electronics I
- Electrical and Electronic Lab 1
- Computer Architecture
- Technical Communication
- Circuit Theory II
- Instrumentation and Measurement
- Electrical Power
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Object Oriented Programming
- Safety, Health and Environment
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Software Engineering
- Java Programming
- Electrical and Electronic Lab 2
- Computer Engineering and AI Lab
- Industrial Training I
- Digital Signal Processing
- Engineering Management and Economics
- Microprocessor Systems
- Data Communication and Networks
- Embedded System Design
- Control Systems
- Engineers in Society
- Communication Theory
- Machine Learning
- Human Computer Interaction
- Instrumentation and Control Lab
- Industrial Training II
- Integrated Design Project 1
- Operating Systems
- Integrated Design Project 2
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- Final Year Project A*
- Final Year Project B
- Power System Protection
- Electronic Laboratory 4A
- Electrical Laboratory 4B
Specialisation Area 1 (Business Analytics)
- Data Mining
- Database Systems
- Big Data
Specialisation Area 2 (Computational Intelligence)
- Big Data
- Machine Vision
Specialisation Area 3 (Control and Intelligent System)
- Parallel Computing
- Mobile Application Development
- Advanced Instrumentation and Control
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.