|Approval Code||R2/481/6/0178; 03/2022|
|Accreditation Code||A 7783|
|Classification||Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)|
|Subject Area||Mobile Computing and Networking|
|Course Duration||3 Years (14 weeks per semester, 7 weeks per short semester)|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
Mobile computing is now one of the preferred modes of communication amongst the younger generation who highly prioritise “portability”. This programme will furnish students with a strong grounding in the technological aspects of specially designed courses such as software management and operating systems, databases, networks as well as programming, among others. Students will learn the fundamentals of problem-solving, network designing and database management, and will develop deeper understanding of the key principles applied in mobile computing. Students will be tested on their understanding of key principles, fact and theories, and will demonstrate their skills in system design, development and management.
This course seeks to develop the students’ programming skills in the areas of network and multimedia, placing great emphasis on the latest mobile technologies as well as providing graduates with the skills and knowledge to contribute significant efforts as computing professionals within the global community.
In the first year, you will be introduced to and learn skills in computing, programming, communication, principles of networking and marketing. You will work with fundamental computer-based systems components, and use these for experiments throughout the course.
In the second year, you will develop your networking knowledge and skills, which will enable you to implement, exploit and manage complex systems. You will study the technology of wireless communication which is beginning to appear in all manner of products and be able to design and improve mobile computing products to achieve a specific function. You will have access to a lab where you can design and configure systems with a range of network technologies. You will undertake group work to develop your skills in working with others on an integrative technical project.
The final year combines all your knowledge in mobile computing technology and mobile computing applications, to enable you to manage the complete design of mobile computing systems. You will learn how to manage and optimize networks through the use of advanced design and simulation software, complemented with options in network security or multimedia.
Coursework percentage and written examination percentage. This programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques. Different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of this programme, such as lectures, tutorials, computer lab work, team-based project, real life system development, presentations, independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The learning is very much practical oriented.
- Principal (C) in Mathematics at STPM/A-Level, or
- Credit (C) in Additional Mathematics at SPM/O-Level
- Principal (E) in Mathematics at STPM/A-Level, or
- Credit (C) in Additional Mathematics at SPM/O-Level
Note (Source: Surat Pekeliling MQA Bil 1/2016):
- The terms of credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level for the candidate with STPM, STAM, Diploma or Matriculation/Foundation qualification can be exempted if the candidate obtained Mathematics and its achievement is equivalent or higher than the required credit of Additional Mathematics at the SPM level.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
Mobile computing grows increasingly significant in our daily lives, and this programme’s flexibility enables our graduates to pursue a specific area of interest such as operating systems or programming. As specialists in the development and delivery of mobile applications, they are able to obtain the following positions:
- Mobile Solutions Specialists
- Mobile Computing Analysts
- Mobile Application Developers
- Mobile Game Developers
- Mobile Web Developers
- Software Engineers
- Mobile Computing OS Developers
- Network Administrators
- Telecommunications Specialists
- Wireless Network Engineers
- Discrete Mathematics 1
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Java Programming 1
- Java Programming 2
- Object Oriented Modelling 1
- Research Methods in Computing
- Database Management Systems
- Computer Organisation & Architecture
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 1
Elective Year 1
- Introduction to Internet Technologies
- Database Administration
- Fundamentals of Management
- Business Communications
- Creative Problem Solving
- Introduction to Human Computer Interaction
- Multimedia Programming
- Software Project Management
- Visual Basic.Net
- Operating Systems
- Trends and Issues in Networking
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 2 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 2
Elective Year 2
- Wireless Network Infrastructure
- Mobile Commerce
- Business Systems Development Tools
- Social Network Programming
- Cloud Computing Application System
- Mobile Programming
- Mobile Application Development
- Application Layer Programming
- Mobile Device Technology & Applications
- Mobile Computing & Networking Project 1
- Mobile Computing & Networking Project 2
- Network Security Design
- Networking Programming
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 3 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 3
Elective Year 3
- Java Web Programming
- Wireless Communications
- Network Management
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) Mobile Computing and Networking
|Bachelor of Science (Hons) Computer Networks||1+2 /2+1||Middlesex University||United Kingdom||£ 13,700|
|Bachelor of Science (Hons) Computer System Engineering||1+2/2+1||Middlesex University||United Kingdom||£ 13,700|
|Bachelor of Science (Hons) Information Technology||2+1||University of the West of England, Bristol||United Kingdom||£ 13,000|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.