|Approval Code||R/811/6/0226: 09/2024|
|Subject Area||Hospitality Management|
|Course Mode||Full-time (Work-based Learning)|
|Course Duration||3 years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
This 3-year degree programme equips students with operational, supervisory and managerial knowledge and skills, required for modern management in the global hospitality industry. It covers a wide range of settings including the front office, housekeeping, food and beverage, kitchen and events. Students also have the prospect of venturing into research and development on the industry’s emerging issues such as tourism policies and eco-hospitality. Graduates of this programme will obtain two separate degree certificates that will be awarded by UCSI University and HTMi Switzerland – one of the world’s leading hospitality schools.
English Language Requirements
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM/UEC level; or MUET BAND 3; or IELTS BAND 5.0; or TOEFL IBT 42; or Pearson Test Of Englis Test Of 47; or Cambridge English Qualification and Test Minimum Score of 154.
In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but which are not conducted in English, are required to sit for the English Placement Test, which may result in the taking of the Certificate in English programme (1 to 10 months). Students who intend to pursue the above undergraduate programme directly, are advised to fulfil the above English requirements prior to commencing their studies at the University.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
The hospitality industry is the world’s largest industry and continues to grow in size resulting in a great demand for trained professionals.
Upon graduation, students can expect to work with international employers. Subsequently, they can make their way up the corporate ladder in both the local and global tourism and hospitality industry. Students can specialise in international hotel and resort management, leisure and wellness management, training consultancy, as well as sales and marketing.
- Management Executive
- Hotel/Resort/Club Manager
- Event Manager
- Event Organiser
- Banquet Manager
- Operation Manager
- Convention Centre Manager
- Basic Food Preparation
- Customer Service
- Sanitation, Safety and Hygiene
- Business Communication
- Fundamentals of Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Food and Beverage Service
- Food and Beverage Management
- Housekeeping Management
- Front Office Operation and Management
- Introduction to Hospitality Accounting
- Cross Cultural Studies
- Foreign Language (Japanese, German, Mandarin, Korean, or French)
- University Life (MPU 2)
- Hubungan Etnik or Pengajian Malaysia (MPU 1)
- Tamadun Islam and Tamadun Asia or Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 3 (MPU 1)
- Extra-Curricular Learning Experience I (MPU 4)
- Commercial Cookery
- Introduction to Management and Organisation Theory
- Principles of Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Malaysian Experiential Tourism (MPU 3)
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Business Research Methods
- Food and Beverage and Labour Cost Control
- Convention Sales, Services and Operation
- Independent Project I
- Industry Placement I
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience II (MPU 4)
- Consumer Behaviour
- Hospitality and Tourism Strategic Management
- Tourism Planning, Development and Management
- Tourism and Business of Hotels
- Introduction to Wine and Bar
- Leadership and Business Performance
- Event Operation Management
- Casino, Club and Resort Management
- Hospitality Facilities Management and Design
- Hospitality Revenue Management
- Independent Project II
- Industry Placement II
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience III (MPU 4)
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via Bachelor of Hospitality Administration (A Dual Award with HTMi Switzerland)
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in International Hospitality Business||2 + 1||Glion Institute of Higher Education||Switzerland||CHF 62,900|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Global Hospitality Management||2 + 1||Les Roches Global Hospitality Education||Switzerland||CHF 50,400|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.