|Approval Code||R/811/6/0226: 09/2024|
|Subject Area||Hospitality Management|
|Course Mode||Full-time (Work-based Learning)|
|Course Duration||3 years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
This 3-year degree programme equips students with operational, supervisory and managerial knowledge and skills, required for modern management in the global hospitality industry. It covers a wide range of settings including the front office, housekeeping, food and beverage, kitchen and events. Students also have the prospect of venturing into research and development on the industry’s emerging issues such as tourism policies and eco-hospitality. Graduates of this programme will obtain two separate degree certificates that will be awarded by UCSI University and HTMi Switzerland – one of the world’s leading hospitality schools.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language RequirementsFor Local Students (Diploma and Degree)
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English Language; or a minimum grade of C in SPM English Language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or a minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 of MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum Band 3 of MUET (Malaysian University English Test); or a minimum band score of 5.0 in IELTS (5.5 band score for BA (Hons) Commerce programme); or a minimum score of 42 in TOEFL IBT; or a minimum score of 47 in PTE (Pearson Test of English); or a minimum score of 154 in Cambridge English Qualifications and Test.
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
The hospitality industry is the world’s largest industry and continues to grow in size resulting in a great demand for trained professionals.
Upon graduation, students can expect to work with international employers. Subsequently, they can make their way up the corporate ladder in both the local and global tourism and hospitality industry. Students can specialise in international hotel and resort management, leisure and wellness management, training consultancy, as well as sales and marketing.
- Management Executive
- Hotel/Resort/Club Manager
- Event Manager
- Event Organiser
- Banquet Manager
- Operation Manager
- Convention Centre Manager
- Basic Food Preparation
- Customer Service
- Sanitation, Safety and Hygiene
- Business Communication
- Fundamentals of Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Food and Beverage Service
- Food and Beverage Management
- Housekeeping Management
- Front Office Operation and Management
- Introduction to Hospitality Accounting
- Cross Cultural Studies
- Foreign Language (Japanese, German, Mandarin, Korean, or French)
- University Life (MPU 2)
- Hubungan Etnik or Pengajian Malaysia (MPU 1)
- Tamadun Islam and Tamadun Asia or Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 3 (MPU 1)
- Extra-Curricular Learning Experience I (MPU 4)
- Commercial Cookery
- Introduction to Management and Organisation Theory
- Principles of Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Malaysian Experiential Tourism (MPU 3)
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Business Research Methods
- Food and Beverage and Labour Cost Control
- Convention Sales, Services and Operation
- Independent Project I
- Industry Placement I
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience II (MPU 4)
- Consumer Behaviour
- Hospitality and Tourism Strategic Management
- Tourism Planning, Development and Management
- Tourism and Business of Hotels
- Introduction to Wine and Bar
- Leadership and Business Performance
- Event Operation Management
- Casino, Club and Resort Management
- Hospitality Facilities Management and Design
- Hospitality Revenue Management
- Independent Project II
- Industry Placement II
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience III (MPU 4)
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via Bachelor of Hospitality Administration (A Dual Award with HTMi Switzerland)
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in International Hospitality Business||2 + 1||Glion Institute of Higher Education||Switzerland||CHF 62,900|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Global Hospitality Management||2 + 1||Les Roches Global Hospitality Education||Switzerland||CHF 50,400|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.