The Bachelor (Hons) in quantity surveying prepares self-empowered graduates who possess a high degree of accountability towards professional accomplishments, and the capacity to face demanding challenges in the employment market both locally as well as globally.
It is our philosophy to enhance student’s intellectual capabilities and capacities, that will provide balance between academic performance and hands-on learning experience by incorporating live projects.
Graduates will be possessing the required competencies in their field of endeavour, to enable them to integrate into the employment market.
UCSI University offers a new approach of team supervision that crosses the boundary of traditional fields or professions that bring in producing professionally-oriented Quantity Surveyors, who can critically examine theory and practice, develop a practical and dynamic model of profession, by applying acquired knowledge and skills to problem-solving and decision-making, and to engage in creative and innovative approach through resourceful initiatives needed in the constantly demanding industry.
- Pass with minimum CGPA of 2.0 (or equivalent)
- Minimum Grade C for 3 subjects
(Minimum score of 4/7 in Mathematics)
- Minimum credit Mathematics in SPM or grade ‘C’ in O-Level Subject to School discretion and credit transfer after reviewing transcript, syllabus description and portfolio
- Maximum 30% credit transfer
**Faculty reserves the right to request an interview if deemed necessary. This applies to both local and foreigners.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level: Minimum Credit – 'C' grade
UEC: Minimum Credit – 'B6' grade
A-Level: Minimum Pass – 'D' grade
CPU: Minimum Pass – 65% (Degree)
English Language Requirements
English language competency requirements are as follows: B+ in SPM English Language subject; or C in SPM English Language 1119/ O-Level / IGCSE; or minimum A2 in UEC English Language; or Band 3 in MUET.
In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
English language competency requirements are as follows: 5.0 in IELTS; or minimum score of 42 in TOEFL IBT; or minimum score of 47 in Pearson Test of English or minimum score of 154 in Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests or Band 3 in MUET.
International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00929) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and/or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
**The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- Construction Measurement 1
- Construction Technology 1
- Principles of Economics and Finance
- Building Structure
- Construction Materials
- Site Surveying
- Professional Communication
- Construction Measurement 2
- Construction Technology 2
- Construction Economics 1
- Legal Studies for Built Environment
- Building Services and Facilities Management 1
- Construction Price Analysis
- Minor: Experiencing Culture 1
- Construction Measurement 3
- Construction Technology 3
- Construction Economics 2
- Construction Law and Dispute Resolution 1
- Information Technology in Construction
- Building Services and Facilities Management 2
- Construction Measurement 4
- Construction Technology 4
- Construction Law and Dispute Resolution 2
- Building Information Modeling for Quantity Surveyors
- Professional Practise for Quantity Surveyors 1
- Research Methodology
- Civil Engineering Construction Technology
- Professional Practice for Quantity Surveyors 2
- Construction Project Management 1
- Value Management in Construction
- Dissertation 1
- Sustainability and Innovation in Construction
- + 5-month Professional Quantity Surveying Internship
- Civil Engineering Works Measurement
- Dissertation 2
- Construction Project Management 2
- Integrated Project
- Minor: Experiencing Culture 2
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
- Registered Consultant Quantity Surveyor
- Cost Consultant
- Contract Experts
- Procurement and Commercial Experts
- Academic Experts
- Building Advisors
- Building Economist
- Professional Builder ( Contractor)
- Expert Supplier on Building materials
- Property Experts
- Cost Advisor to Government/ Private company policy makers
- Technical Consultant to Project Management Company
- Quality Experts of building products
- Expert Claim Consultant
- Expert Advisor in Public Works Department
- Project Manager
- Cost Manager
- Contract Manager and including Top Management in Government
- Local Authority and Private Sector.