|Approval Code||N/526/6/0138; 07/2025|
|Accreditation Code||MQA/PA 8395|
|Subject Area||Quantity Surveying|
|Course Mode||Full Time|
|Course Duration||3.5 Years / 7 Semesters (Inclusive of 16 weeks professional Internship)|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January and July|
The Bachelor (Hons) in quantity surveying prepares self-empowered graduates who possess a high degree of accountability towards professional accomplishments, and the capacity to face demanding challenges in the employment market both locally as well as globally.
It is our philosophy to enhance student’s intellectual capabilities and capacities, that will provide balance between academic performance and hands-on learning experience by incorporating live projects.
Graduates will be possessing the required competencies in their field of endeavour, to enable them to integrate into the employment market.
UCSI University offers a new approach of team supervision that crosses the boundary of traditional fields or professions that bring in producing professionally-oriented Quantity Surveyors, who can critically examine theory and practice, develop a practical and dynamic model of profession, by applying acquired knowledge and skills to problem-solving and decision-making, and to engage in creative and innovative approach through resourceful initiatives needed in the constantly demanding industry.
- Pass with minimum CGPA of 2.00 (or equivalent)
- Minimum Grade C for 3 subjects
- Subject to School discretion and credit transfer after reviewing transcript, syllabus description & portfolio.
- Max. 30% credits transfer as per MOHE ruling
*Faculty reserve the right to request interview if deemed necessary. This apply to both local and foreigner.
English Language Requirements
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM or minimum A2 in UEC level or Band 5.0 in IELTS or 410 in TOEFL PBT or 34 in TOEFL IBT or 160 IN CAE or 180 IN CPE or 36 in PTE or MUET Band 3.
- In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University's decision.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level: Minimum Credit – 'C' grade
UEC: Minimum Credit – 'B6' grade
'A' Levels: Minimum Pass – 'E' grade
CPU: Minimum Pass – 65% (Degree)
- Registered Consultant Quantity Surveyor
- Cost Consultant
- Contract Experts
- Procurement and Commercial Experts
- Academic Experts
- Building Advisors
- Building Economist
- Professional Builder ( Contractor)
- Expert Supplier on Building materials
- Property Experts
- Cost Advisor to Government/ Private company policy makers
- Technical Consultant to Project Management Company
- Quality Experts of building products
- Expert Claim Consultant
- Expert Advisor in Public Works Department
- Project Manager
- Cost Manager
- Contract Manager and including Top Management in Government
- Local Authority and Private Sector.
- Construction Measurement 1
- Construction Technology 1
- Principles of Economics and Finance
- Building Structure
- Construction Materials
- Site Surveying
- Professional Communication
- Construction Measurement 2
- Construction Technology 2
- Construction Economics 1
- Legal Studies for Built Environment
- Building Services and Facilities Management 1
- Construction Price Analysis
- Minor: Experiencing Culture 1
- Construction Measurement 3
- Construction Technology 3
- Construction Economics 2
- Construction Law and Dispute Resolution 1
- Information Technology in Construction
- Building Services and Facilities Management 2
- Construction Measurement 4
- Construction Technology 4
- Construction Law and Dispute Resolution 2
- Building Information Modeling for Quantity Surveyors
- Professional Practise for Quantity Surveyors 1
- Research Methodology
- Civil Engineering Construction Technology
- Professional Practice for Quantity Surveyors 2
- Construction Project Management 1
- Value Management in Construction
- Dissertation 1
- Sustainability and Innovation in Construction
- + 5-month Professional Quantity Surveying Internship
- Civil Engineering Works Measurement
- Dissertation 2
- Construction Project Management 2
- Integrated Project
- Minor: Experiencing Culture 2
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.