|Approval Code||R2/340/6/0481; 01/2025|
|Accreditation Code||A 11146|
|Subject Area||Business Information Systems|
|Course Duration||3 Years (14 weeks per semester, 7 weeks per short semester)|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
The Business Information Systems degree programme comprises a blend of business practices and information technology, designed to promote innovative problem-solving abilities as well as foster cutting-edge business and IT skills in students.
This 3-year course encompasses a comprehensive curriculum that is injected with various business and computing courses that will undoubtedly equip students with a unique repertoire of knowledge and skills in managing and developing IT systems in the business context. Throughout their studies, students will be exposed to a cross-cultural learning environment supervised by a team of dedicated academic professionals and staff.
Teaching and learning methodologies are supported by well-equipped facilities and resources within the campus, such as the library, computer laboratories, R&D laboratories and the latest IT gadgets. Apart from that, students are able to collaborate with key industries through co-operative placements every year with the purpose of gaining industry experience in business and IT companies whilst increasing their employability skills.
Furthermore, partnerships with renowned corporations such as Apple, RICOH and Oracle, among others, ensure that courses remain relevant in the face of change. Students are also granted opportunities to be awarded with professional certifications by numerous international software corporations.
Coursework percentage and written examination percentage.
- Principal (C) in Mathematics at STPM/A-Level, or
- Credit (C) in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level
- Principal (E) in Mathematics at STPM/A-Level, or
- Credit (C) in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level
Note (Source: Surat Pekeliling MQA Bil 1/2016 & MQA Bil 2/2016):
- The terms of credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level for the candidate with STPM, STAM, Diploma or Matriculation/Foundation qualification can be exempted if the candidate obtained Mathematics and its achievement is equivalent or higher than the required credit of Additional Mathematics at the SPM level.
Local Student English Language Requirement:
A distinction (A+, A, A- or A2) in the English Language subject at SPM/UEC level. In the event that English Language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take Basic English and/or English Foundation for in sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the undergraduate programme.
International Student English Language Requirement:
- Minimum English language competency requirements are as follows: IELTS 5.0 or equivalent TOEFL PBT (440) or TOEFL IBT (42) or PTE (Pearson Test of English) (47) or MUET (Malaysian University English Test) (Band 3) or Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests (154).
- In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but which are not conducted in English, are required to sit for the English Placement Test, which may result in the taking of the English for Tertiary Education (1 to 10 months). Students who intend to pursue the above undergraduate programme directly, are advised to fulfil the above English requirements prior to commencing their studies at the University.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
In the world of computing, qualified graduates with the appropriate skills and aptitude are high in demand. Our graduates are qualified to pursue the following positions:
- System Analysts
- Database Developers
- Database Administrators
- Web Developers
- IT Consultants
- IT Support Engineers
- IT Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Business Accounting
- Business Communication
- Introduction to Internet Technologies
- Statistics and its Applications
- Concept of Analysis & Design
- Java Programming 1
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Fundamentals of Management
- University Life (MPU- U2)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 1
- Analysis & Design
- Java Programming 2
- Visual Basic .NET
- Operating Systems
- Research Methods in Computing
- Database Systems
- Multimedia Programming
- Creative Problem Solving
- Software Project Management
- Business Law – Malaysian Perspective (MPU-U3)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 2 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 2
- International Business
- Issues in Database Design
- Independent Project 1 for BIS
- Strategic Management
- Management & Information Systems
- Independent Project 2 for BIS
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 3 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 3
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via BSc (Hons) Business Information Systems
|Bachelor of Science (Hons) Business Information Systems||1+2 / 2+1||Middlesex University||United Kingdom||£ 13,700|
|Bachelor of Science (Hons) Information Technology||1+2 / 2+1||Middlesex University||United Kingdom||£ 13,700|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.