This novel programme equips students with the integral skills and product knowledge to chart a promising career in the F&B and fine dining industries. With quality as the defining hallmark, you are trained to set the standard when it comes to the preparation of food.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2020. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
Coursework percentage and written examination percentage. This programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques. Different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of this programme, such as lectures, tutorials, team-based project, real life system development, presentations and independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The work-based learning is very much practical oriented.
Pass SPM with minimum 3 credits (C)
Minimum 3 credits (C)
Pass UEC with minimum 3 credits (B)
Culinary Arts related Certificate, SKM (MQF Level 3)
Pass Level 3 in related course and pass SPM with at least 1 credit
Other qualifications deemed equivalent to SPM/O-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Minimum overall average of 50%
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM English LanguageGrade B+
SPM English Language 1119/O-Level/IGCSEGrade C
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
For International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests140
Pearson Test of English36
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- Culinary Essentials
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality and Tourism Communication
- Food & Beverage Services
- Pastry and Bakery
- Customer Service
- Sanitation, Safety and Hygiene
- Industry Placement I
- Basic Korean Cuisine
- Malaysian Cuisine
- Introduction to Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Garde Manger
- Catering Management
- Food and Beverage Cost Control
- Introduction to Accounting
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Nutrition in Food Service Industry
- International Cuisine
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
Elective (Choose One)
- Introduction to Foreign Languages in Hospitality Industry (Japanese, German, Mandarin, Korean, or French)
- Industry Placement 2
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
Students may expect to be employed by:
- Executive Chef
- Sous Chef
- Kitchen Manager
- Food Service Consultant
- Food Writer / Critic
- Catering Business Entrepreneur
- Restaurant Owner
- Personal Chef
- Celebrity Chef
- Culinary Lecturer
- Research & Development Chef