This novel programme equips students with the integral skills and product knowledge to chart a promising career in the F&B and fine dining industries. With quality as the defining hallmark, you are trained to set the standard when it comes to the preparation of food.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2022 survey. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
Coursework percentage and written examination percentage. This programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques. Different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of this programme, such as lectures, tutorials, team-based project, real life system development, presentations and independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The work-based learning is very much practical oriented.
Pass SPM with minimum 3 credits (C)
Minimum 3 credits (C)
Pass UEC with minimum 3 credits (B)
Culinary Arts related Certificate, SKM (MQF Level 3)
Pass Level 3 in related course and pass SPM with at least 1 credit
Other qualifications deemed equivalent to SPM/O-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Minimum overall average of 50%
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM EnglishGrade B+
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
Cambridge English Qualification Test / Linguaskill140
CEFRB1 (with at least 2 skill at B1)
For International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests140
Pearson Test of English36
CEFRB1 (with at least 2 skills at B1)
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- Applicants who have an academic qualification from a higher learning institution which uses the English Language as a medium of instruction may be granted an exemption from the University English Language requirements.
- Culinary Essentials
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality and Tourism Communication
- Food & Beverage Services
- Pastry and Bakery
- Fundamentals of Food
- Sanitation, Safety and Hygiene
- Industry Placement I
- Basic Korean Cuisine
- Malaysian Cuisine
- Introduction to Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Garde Manger
- Banquet and Event Management
- Food and Beverage Cost Control
- Introduction to Accounting
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Nutrition in Food Service Industry
- International Cuisine
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
Elective (Choose One)
- Introduction to Foreign Languages in Hospitality Industry (Japanese, German, Mandarin, Korean, or French)
- Industry Placement 2
- Appreciation of Ethics and Civilisations
(Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban)
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
(Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2)
Students may expect to be employed by:
- Executive Chef
- Sous Chef
- Kitchen Manager
- Food Service Consultant
- Food Writer / Critic
- Catering Business Entrepreneur
- Restaurant Owner
- Personal Chef
- Celebrity Chef
- Culinary Lecturer
- Research & Development Chef