|Approval Code||R/811/4/0079; 08/2022|
|Subject Area||Culinary Arts|
|Course Duration||2.5 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
UCSI University’s Diploma in Culinary Arts is a practical course underpinned by a strong theoretical base. Apart from providing a pathway towards higher education, this course does not only provide students with hands-on training – in culinary arts and the food service sector – but also focuses on equipping students with the fundamental skills for supervisory and management level positions in both local and global food service and culinary arts industries.
Coursework percentage and written examination percentage. This programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques. Different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of this programme, such as lectures, tutorials, team-based project, real life system development, presentations and independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The work-based learning is very much practical oriented.
English Language Requirements
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM/UEC level; or MUET BAND 2; or IELTS BAND 4.0; or TOEFL IBT 30-31; or Pearson Test Of Englis Test Of 36; or Cambridge English Qualification and Test Minimum Score of 140
In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but which are not conducted in English, are required to sit for the English Placement Test, which may result in the taking of the Certificate in English programme (1 to 10 months). Students who intend to pursue the above undergraduate programme directly, are advised to fulfil the above English requirements prior to commencing their studies at the University.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
Students may expect to be employed by:
- Executive Chef
- Sous Chef
- Kitchen Manager
- Food Service Consultant
- Food Writer / Critic
- Catering Business Entrepreneur
- Restaurant Owner
- Personal Chef
- Celebrity Chef
- Culinary Lecturer
- Research & Development Chef
- Culinary Essentials
- Sanitation, Safety & Hygiene
- Hospitality and Tourism Communication
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Food & Beverage Services
- Extra–curricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Pastry and Bakery
- Nutrition in Food Service Industry
- Food and Beverage Management
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to Foreign Languages in Hospitality
- Basic Korean Cuisine
- Industry Placement I
- Study Skills and Employability (MPU-U2)
- Introduction to Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Malaysian Cuisine
- Food and Beverage Cost Control
- Catering Management
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience II (MPU-U4)
- Industry Placement 2
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Malaysian Ecotourism (MPU-U3)
- Garde Manger and Culinary Artistry/ Intermediate Korean Cuisine
- International Cuisine/ Advance Korean Cuisine
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via Dip. Culinary Arts (Kuala Lumpur Campus)
|B Business in Culinary Arts Management||Diploma + 2||Galway Mayo Institute of Technology||Ireland||€ 9950|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.