This novel programme equips students with the integral skills and product knowledge to chart a promising career in the F&B and fine dining industries. With quality as the defining hallmark, you are trained to set the standard when it comes to the preparation of food.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2021 survey. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
Coursework percentage and written examination percentage. This programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques. Different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of this programme, such as lectures, tutorials, team-based project, real life system development, presentations and independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The work-based learning is very much practical oriented.
Pass SPM with minimum 3 credits (C)
Minimum 3 credits (C)
Pass UEC with minimum 3 credits (B)
Culinary Arts related Certificate, SKM (MQF Level 3)
Pass Level 3 in related course and pass SPM with at least 1 credit
Other qualifications deemed equivalent to SPM/O-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Minimum overall average of 50%
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM EnglishGrade B+
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
Cambridge English Qualification Test / Linguaskill140
CEFRB1 (with at least 2 skill at B1)
For International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests140
Pearson Test of English36
CEFRB1 (with at least 2 skill at B1)
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- Applicants who have an academic qualification from a higher learning institution which uses the English Language as a medium of instruction may be granted an exemption from the University English Language requirements.
- Culinary Essentials
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Sanitation, Safety and Hygiene
- Cross Cultural Studies
- Food and Beverage Service
- Pastry and Bakery
- Customer Service in Hospitality and Tourism
- Hospitality and Tourism Communication
- Industry Placement 1
- Heritage Cuisine of Asia
- Malaysian Cuisine
- Introduction to Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Nutrition in Food Service Industry
- Garde Manger
- Graphic Design and Photography
- Food and Beverage Cost Control
- Introduction to Accounting
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- International Cuisine
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
Elective (Choose One)
- Japanese, German, Mandarin, Korean, or French Language
- Industry Placement 2
- Appreciation of Ethics and Civilisations
(Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban)
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
(Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2)
Extra-Curricular Learning Experience II
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
Students may expect to be employed by:
- Executive Chef
- Sous Chef
- Kitchen Manager
- Food Service Consultant
- Food Writer / Critic
- Catering Business Entrepreneur
- Restaurant Owner
- Personal Chef
- Celebrity Chef
- Culinary Lecturer
- Research & Development Chef