|Approval Code||R/811/4/0042; 12/2021|
|Subject Area||Hotel Management|
|Course Duration||2.5 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
For UCSI University’s Diploma in Hotel Management, students will obtain the study of multidisciplined-knowledge and skills required for modern management in the global hospitality industry. It covers a wide range of areas from Front Oﬃce, housekeeping, food and beverage to managing guests' experiences.
Assessment is in the form of presentations, quizzes, tests, mid-term and final examinations, assignments, projects, research reports and a dissertation.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language RequirementsFor Local Students (Diploma and Degree)
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English Language; or a minimum grade of C in SPM English Language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or a minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 of MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum Band 2 of MUET (Malaysian University English Test); or a minimum band score of 4.0 in IELTS; or a minimum score of 30-31 in TOEFL IBT; or a minimum score of 36 in PTE (Pearson Test of English); or a minimum score of 140 in Cambridge English Qualifications and Test.
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
Students may expect to be employed by:
- Front Office Manager
- Executive Housekeeper
- Restaurant Manager
- Sales Executive
- Training Executive
- Human Resources Executive
- Purchasing Executive
- Food and Beverage Service
- Basic Food Preparation
- Hospitality and Tourism Communication
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Housekeeping Operation and Management
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Customer Service
- Front Office Operation and Management
- Computing Studies
- Pastry and Bakery
- Commercial Cookery
- Study Skills and Employability (MPU-U2)
- Industry Placement I
- Food and Beverage Management
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Economics
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience II (MPU-U4)
- Eco Hospitality
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Accounting
- Introduction to Foreign Languages in Hospitality
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Banquet and Events Management
- Malaysian Ecotourism (MPU-U3)
- Industry Placement 2
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.