|Approval Code||R/811/4/0042; 12/2021|
|Subject Area||Hotel Management|
|Course Duration||2.5 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
For UCSI University’s Diploma in Hotel Management, students will obtain the study of multidisciplined-knowledge and skills required for modern management in the global hospitality industry. It covers a wide range of areas from Front Oﬃce, housekeeping, food and beverage to managing guests' experiences.
Assessment is in the form of presentations, quizzes, tests, mid-term and final examinations, assignments, projects, research reports and a dissertation.
English Language Requirements
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM/UEC level; or MUET BAND 2; or IELTS BAND 4.0; or TOEFL IBT 30-31; or Pearson Test Of Englis Test Of 36; or Cambridge English Qualification and Test Minimum Score of 140.
In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but which are not conducted in English, are required to sit for the English Placement Test, which may result in the taking of the Certificate in English programme (1 to 10 months). Students who intend to pursue the above undergraduate programme directly, are advised to fulfil the above English requirements prior to commencing their studies at the University.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
Students may expect to be employed by:
- Front Office Manager
- Executive Housekeeper
- Restaurant Manager
- Sales Executive
- Training Executive
- Human Resources Executive
- Purchasing Executive
- Food and Beverage Service
- Basic Food Preparation
- Hospitality and Tourism Communication
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Housekeeping Operation and Management
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Customer Service
- Front Office Operation and Management
- Computing Studies
- Pastry and Bakery
- Commercial Cookery
- Study Skills and Employability (MPU-U2)
- Industry Placement I
- Food and Beverage Management
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Economics
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience II (MPU-U4)
- Eco Hospitality
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Accounting
- Introduction to Foreign Languages in Hospitality
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Banquet and Events Management
- Malaysian Ecotourism (MPU-U3)
- Industry Placement 2
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via Dip. Hotel Management (Kuala Lumpur Campus)
|Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Event Management (top up)||2 + 1||University of Northampton||United Kingdom||£ 12,500|
|Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Tourism Management (top up)||2 + 1||University of Northampton||United Kingdom||£ 12,500|
|Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Hospitality Management (top up)||2+1||University of Northampton||United Kingdom||£ 12,500|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.