This programme covers all areas of hotel operations that will help students master a wide range of core functions like front office and housekeeping operation and management, banquet and event management, basic food and beverage operations and management functions in hotel.... Through their studies, students will see many opportunities, including meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions (MICE) industry, ecotourism, entrepreneurships, food and beverage as well as room divisions.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2020. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
Assessment is in the form of presentations, quizzes, tests, mid-term and final examinations, assignments, projects, research reports and a dissertation.
Pass SPM with minimum 3 credits (C)
Minimum 3 credits (C)
Pass UEC with minimum 3 credits (B)
Hospitality related Certificate, SKM (MQF Level 3)
Other qualifications deemed equivalent to SPM/O-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Minimum overall average of 50%
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM English LanguageGrade B+
SPM English Language 1119/O-Level/IGCSEGrade C
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
For International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests140
Pearson Test of English36
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- Culinary Essentials
- Sanitation, Safety and Hygiene
- Customer Service
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Food and Beverage Service
- Housekeeping Operation and Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Communication
- Front Office Operation and Management
- Industry Placement I
- Pastry and Bakery
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- International Cuisine
- Computing Studies
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Eco Hospitality
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Accounting
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Banquet and Events Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Hospitality and Tourism Economics
- Introduction to Foreign Languages in Hospitality Industry (Japanese, German, Mandarin, Korean, or French)
Elective (Choose One)
- Industry Placement 2
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
Students may expect to be employed by:
- Front Office Manager
- Executive Housekeeper
- Restaurant Manager
- Sales Executive
- Training Executive
- Human Resources Executive
- Purchasing Executive