The Diploma in Information Technology course is designed for those without any computing knowledge as well as those who wish to pursue careers in computer-based environments, particularly in programming and information systems. This 2-year programme boasts a comprehensive curriculum comprising relevant IT courses ...that will undoubtedly equip students with general knowledge and skills in IT, programming, databases, multimedia and networks.
Other non-IT courses such as marketing, business communication and problem-solving, among others, have also been implemented in the programme to ensure that students are furnished with transferable skills that will enable them to work efficiently both independently and in teams. The Faculty also partners with key multinational corporations in the industry, enabling students to apply theoretical learning to practical activities through actual projects during their co-operative placements.
At the end of the course, students will be equipped with a range of personal, organisational and professional skills that provide invaluable support as the stepping stone to pursue further studies.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2020. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
Coursework percentage and written examination percentage. This programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques. Different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of this programme, such as lectures, tutorials, computer lab work, team-based project, real life system development, presentations, independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The learning is very much practical oriented.
Pass SPM with minimum 3 credits (C), including Mathematics
Minimum 3 credits(C), including Mathematics
Pass UEC with minimum Grade (B) in 3 subjects, including Mathematics
Computing related Certificate, SKM, SKK (MQF Level 3)
Pass Level 3, inclusive of
- Minimum credit in Mathematics at SPM level; or
- Minimum pass in ‘Program Pengukuhan Matematik’
Pass with minimum 1 principal (C grade) inclusive of minimum Credit (C) in Mathematics at SPM / O-Level
1 subject (D) and credit ( C ) in Mathematics at SPM/O level.
Other qualifications deemed equivalent to STPM / A-Level and SPM / O-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Minimum overall average of 50%, including minimum 50% score in Mathematics
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM English LanguageGrade B+
SPM English Language 1119/O-Level/IGCSEGrade C
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
- In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- Applicant who have an academic qualification from a higher learning institution which uses the English Language as a medium of instruction may be granted an exemption from the University Language Requirements.
For International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests140
Pearson Test of English36
- Basic English
- English Foundation
- Introduction to Information Technology (Diploma)
- Introduction to Internet Technologies (Diploma)
- Principle of Accounting (Diploma)
- Business Essentials
- System Analysis & Design
- Java Programming 1 (Diploma)
- Discrete Mathematics 1 (Diploma)
- Java Programming 2 (Diploma)
- Fundamental of Database Systems
- Entrepreneurship (MPU–U2)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Co-operative Placement 1
- Object-Oriented Modelling (Diploma)
- Computer Ethics (Diploma)
- Basic and Practices of Marketing
- Business Programming
- Multimedia Programming (Diploma)
- Business Communication for Diploma
- User Interface Design
- Managing and Implementing Business Project
- Quantitative Techniques
- Operating Systems & Networks (Diploma)
- Wireless and Mobile Technologies (Diploma)
- Creative Problem Solving (Diploma)
- Business Law – Malaysian Perspective (MPU-U3)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 2 (MPU-U4)
- Co-operative Placement 2
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
Information technology is undeniably vital in this rapid-paced era, thus opening the door of opportunities to varied career paths in local and overseas sectors for our graduates. Positions obtained by our graduates include the following:
- Computer Programmers
- Analyst Programmers
- Database Administrators
- Web Programmers
- Software Test Engineers
- IT Sales Executives
- IT Support Executives
- Network Support Executives
- Computer Technicians
- E-commerce Specialists