UCSI University’s Diploma in Leisure Management introduces students to the study of business related to travel, tour operations and events. The sector provides services such as transportation, accommodation and entertainment for the local as well as the international market. Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) is also an inherent part of the programme. Besides technical knowledge, the programme also focused on building effective communication, interpersonal relationships, negotiation and persuasion techniques and skills.
Coursework percentage and written examination percentage. This programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques. Different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of this programme, such as lectures, tutorials, team-based project, real life system development, presentations and independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The work-based learning is very much practical oriented.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language RequirementsFor Local Students (Diploma and Degree)
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English Language; or a minimum grade of C in SPM English Language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or a minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 of MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum Band 2 of MUET (Malaysian University English Test); or a minimum band score of 4.0 in IELTS; or a minimum score of 30-31 in TOEFL IBT; or a minimum score of 36 in PTE (Pearson Test of English); or a minimum score of 140 in Cambridge English Qualifications and Test.
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- Introduction to Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Communication
- Computing Studies
- Tour and Travel Operation
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Leisure and Recreation
- Writing for Academic Purpose
- Leisure and Recreation Risk Management
- Fundamental of Marketing
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Principles of Sport and Leisure Management
- Leisure Marketing
- Introduction to Accounting
- Events Management
- Resort, Spa and Wellness
- Sport Management
- Visitor Attraction Management
- Casino, Club and Resort Management
- Leisure Facilities Management
- Business Events
- Co-operative Placement
- Introduction to Foreign Languages in Hospitality Industry (Japanese, German, Mandarin, Korean, or French)
Elective (Choose One)
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
Students may expect to be employed by:
- Travel Agency Manager
- Tour Operator
- Cruise Manager
- Theme park Manager
- Tourism Project Manager
- Recreation Manager
- Event Manager
- Event Organiser
- Convention Centre Manager
- Entertainment Specialists
- Banquet Manager