|Approval Code||R2/812/4/0124; 02/2026|
|Subject Area||Leisure Management|
|Course Duration||2.5 Years|
|Intakes||January, May and September (Kuching Campus only)|
UCSI University’s Diploma in Leisure Management introduces students to the study of business related to travel, tour operations and events. The sector provides services such as transportation, accommodation and entertainment for the local as well as the international market. Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) is also an inherent part of the programme. Besides technical knowledge, the programme also focused on building effective communication, interpersonal relationships, negotiation and persuasion techniques and skills.
Coursework percentage and written examination percentage. This programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques. Different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of this programme, such as lectures, tutorials, team-based project, real life system development, presentations and independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The work-based learning is very much practical oriented.
English Language Requirements
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM/UEC level; or MUET BAND 2; or IELTS BAND 4.0; or TOEFL IBT 30-31; or Pearson Test of English Test of 36; or Cambridge English Qualification and Test Minimum Score of 140.
In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but which are not conducted in English, are required to sit for the English Placement Test, which may result in the taking of the Certificate in English programme (1 to 10 months). Students who intend to pursue the above undergraduate programme directly, are advised to fulfil the above English requirements prior to commencing their studies at the University.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
Students may expect to be employed by:
- Travel Agency Manager
- Tour Operator
- Cruise Manager
- Theme park Manager
- Tourism Project Manager
- Recreation Manager
- Event Manager
- Event Organiser
- Convention Centre Manager
- Entertainment Specialists
- Banquet Manager
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Tour and Travel Operations
- Introduction to Leisure and Recreation
- English Foundation for Hospitality and Tourism
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Writing for Academic Purpose
- Introduction to Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Hospitality and Tourism Communication
- Study Skills and Employability (MPU-U2)
- Hospitality and Tourism Economics
- Introduction to Accounting
- Leisure and Recreation Risk Management
- Geography for Travel and Tourism
- Visitor Attractions Management
- Resort, Spa and Wellness
- Sport Management
- Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions
- Casino, Club and Resort Management
- Computing Studies
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience II (MPU-U4)
- Quantitative Methods
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Introduction to Human Resort Management
- Events Management
- Introduction to Foreign Languages in Hospitality
- Malaysian Traditional Food (MPU-U3)
- Co-operative Placement
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.