This two-year programme focuses on the comprehensive spectrum of leisure and resort businesses that will enable students to be on the pulse of the leisure industries. Standing out with its highly practical approach, this is also your solid stepping-stone to a challenging career in other areas such as tourism, marketing as well as fast-expanding fields like sports and club management.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2021 survey. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
Coursework percentage and written examination percentage. This programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques. Different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of this programme, such as lectures, tutorials, team-based project, real life system development, presentations and independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The work-based learning is very much practical oriented.
Pass SPM with minimum 3 credits (C)
Minimum 3 credits (C)
Pass UEC with minimum 3 credits (B)
Leisure related Certificate, SKM (MQF Level 3)
Pass Level 3 in related course and pass SPM with at least 1 credit
Other qualifications deemed equivalent to SPM/O-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Minimum overall average of 50%
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM EnglishGrade B+
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
Cambridge English Qualification Test / Linguaskill140
CEFRB1 (with at least 2 skill at B1)
For International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests140
Pearson Test of English36
CEFRB1 (with at least 2 skill at B1)
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- Applicants who have an academic qualification from a higher learning institution which uses the English Language as a medium of instruction may be granted an exemption from the University English Language requirements.
- Introduction to Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Communication
- Computing Studies
- Tour and Travel Operation
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Leisure and Recreation
- Writing for Academic Purpose
- Leisure and Recreation Risk Management
- Fundamental of Marketing
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Principles of Sport and Leisure Management
- Leisure Marketing
- Introduction to Accounting
- Events Management
- Resort, Spa and Wellness
- Sport Management
- Visitor Attraction Management
- Casino, Club and Resort Management
- Leisure Facilities Management
- Business Events
- Cross Cultural Studies
- Co-operative Placement
Elective (Choose One)
- Japanese, German, Mandarin, Korean Language
- Appreciation of Ethics and Civilisations
(Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban)
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
(Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2)
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
Students may expect to be employed by:
- Travel Agency Manager
- Tour Operator
- Cruise Manager
- Theme park Manager
- Tourism Project Manager
- Recreation Manager
- Event Manager
- Event Organiser
- Convention Centre Manager
- Entertainment Specialists
- Banquet Manager