This two-year programme focuses on the comprehensive spectrum of leisure and resort businesses that will enable students to be on the pulse of the leisure industries. Standing out with its highly practical approach, this is also your solid stepping-stone to a challenging career in other areas such as tourism, marketing as well as fast-expanding fields like sports and club management.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2020. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
Coursework percentage and written examination percentage. This programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques. Different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of this programme, such as lectures, tutorials, team-based project, real life system development, presentations and independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The work-based learning is very much practical oriented.
Pass SPM with minimum 3 credits (C)
Minimum 3 credits (C)
Pass UEC with minimum 3 credits (B)
Leisure related Certificate, SKM (MQF Level 3)
Pass Level 3 in related course and pass SPM with at least 1 credit
Other qualifications deemed equivalent to SPM/O-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Minimum overall average of 50%
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM English LanguageGrade B+
SPM English Language 1119/O-Level/IGCSEGrade C
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
For International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests140
Pearson Test of English36
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- Introduction to Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Communication
- Computing Studies
- Tour and Travel Operation
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Leisure and Recreation
- Writing for Academic Purpose
- Leisure and Recreation Risk Management
- Fundamental of Marketing
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Principles of Sport and Leisure Management
- Leisure Marketing
- Introduction to Accounting
- Events Management
- Resort, Spa and Wellness
- Sport Management
- Visitor Attraction Management
- Casino, Club and Resort Management
- Leisure Facilities Management
- Business Events
- Co-operative Placement
- Introduction to Foreign Languages in Hospitality Industry (Japanese, German, Mandarin, Korean, or French)
Elective (Choose One)
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
Students may expect to be employed by:
- Travel Agency Manager
- Tour Operator
- Cruise Manager
- Theme park Manager
- Tourism Project Manager
- Recreation Manager
- Event Manager
- Event Organiser
- Convention Centre Manager
- Entertainment Specialists
- Banquet Manager