The Diploma in Event Management is designed for students to be well-prepared in facing the challenges of a sophisticated and demanding event industry align to Industrial Revolution 4.0 and sustainable development goals. The curriculum within this event management programme will equip the students with applicable knowledge and skills in event discipline holistically which is deemed to be vital for their future career. The students will learn how to develop and deliver successful events with focus on sustainable event management and technological-driven operations. The students will also learn courses related to communication, entrepreneurship, marketing, financial, risk, event technology, human resource, and business event management.
Coursework percentage and written examination percentage. This programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating, and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques. Different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of this programme, such as lectures, tutorials, team-based project, real life system development, presentations and independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The work-based learning is very much practical oriented.
Pass SPM with minimum 3 credits (C)
Minimum 3 credits (C)
Pass UEC with minimum 3 credits (B)
Leisure related Certificate, SKM (MQF Level 3)
Pass Level 3 in related course
Other qualifications deemed equivalent to SPM/O-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Minimum overall average of 50%
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM EnglishGrade B+
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
Cambridge English Qualification Test / Linguaskill140
CEFRB1 (with at least 2 skill at B1)
For International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests140
Pearson Test of English36
CEFRB1 (with at least 2 skill at B1)
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- Applicants who have an academic qualification from a higher learning institution which uses the English Language as a medium of instruction may be granted an exemption from the University English Language requirements.
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Event Design and Production
- Hospitality and Tourism Communications
- Responsible Events Management
- Fundamental of the Events Industry
- Customer Service in Hospitality and Tourism
- Cultural, Arts, and Festivals Management
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Special Interest Tourism
- Technology for Events
- Graphic Design and Photography
- Integrated Marketing Communication for Events
- Business Events
- Event Risk Management
- Introduction to Accounting
- Cross Cultural Studies
- Community Services in Tourism Destination
- Managing Event Venues
- Public Relation for Events Industry
- Industry Placement
Elective (Choose One)
- Japanese, German, Mandarin, Korean, or French Language
- Appreciation of Ethics and Civilisations
(Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban)
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
(Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2)
- U2 - Learning Skills and Career Development
- Event Executive
- Entertainment Executive
- Convention Sales Executive
- Conference Organizer
- Meeting Planner
- Talent Management
- Festival Planner
- Wedding Planner
- Event Coordinator
- Corporate Event Planner
- Venue Manager
- Social Media Event Coordinator
- Marketing or Communications Manager