This programme will provide you with a broad understanding of space and how good spatial qualities are created. Using both representational and technically sound drawings, you will be able to reinforce your creativity through effective communication of design.... You will also have access to specialist laboratories, workshops and design studios.
Under the tutelage of highly experienced academics in dedicated facilities, you will work on a rich blend of conceptual and pragmatic projects. Here, you will generate more than just brilliant ideas — you will turn them into realities.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2020. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
Assessments vary from the list below depending on the course:
- Project critique session.
- In-class assignment.
- Written examination.
- Site investigation / survey.
- Portfolio review.
- Workshop participation.
Pass with minimum 3 Credits (‘C’ grade for O-Level)
SKM / SKK
Pass SKM/SKK level 3 in related field AND *Pass SPM with min 1 credit
(Level 3, MQF)
1. Pass Community College Certificate (Level 3 MQF) in the related field AND *Pass SPM with min 1 subject
2. Pass Community College Certificate (Level 3 MQF) with CGPA 2.0 in the related field
Pass with minimum grade ‘B’ for 3 credits
Pass with minimum ‘C’ grade (CGPA 2.0) for 1 subject
Pass with (Magbul grade)
Minimum Grade ‘D’ for 1 subject
Minimum average of 50% in 5 subjects
Minimum average of 50% in 6 subjects
Other qualifications deemed equivalent to SPM/O-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Minimum average of 50%
All applicants must pass Art Education/ Engineering Drawing/ related subject at SPM/O-Level / equivalent
Pass Portfolio Review in replacement of art subject if applicable.
The general rule applies to both local and foreign applicants.
Upon successfully completing the Diploma programme, students will gain:
- Direct entry into Year 2 (semester 3) of Bachelor of Arts (Hons) In Interior Architecture, UCSI University
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM: Minimum Credit – 'C' grade
O-Level: Minimum Credit – 'C' grade
UEC: Minimum Credit – 'B6' grade
STPM: Minimum Pass – 'C' grade
A-Level: Minimum Pass – 'D' grade
SAM/CPU : Minimum Pass – 50% (Diploma)
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM English LanguageGrade B+
SPM English Language 1119/O-Level/IGCSEGrade C
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
For International Students
Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests140
Pearson Test of English36
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- Technical Mathematics
- Building Construction & Science
- Introduction to Design Principles
- Architecture Drawing I
- Furniture Design
- English Communication
- Interior Architecture Studio 1
- Architecture Drawing II
- Building Construction & Materials
- Architecture History 1
- Architectural Digital Media 1
- Introduction to Writing & Research
- Architectural Digital Media 2
- Furniture Workshop
- Community Architecture
- Interior Architecture Studio 2
- Architecture Drawing III
- Building Construction I
- Architecture History 2
- Interior Architecture Studio 3
- Interior Architecture Technology 2
- Professional Office Practice
- Interior Architecture Research & Dev.
- Working Drawing
- 6 month Industry Experience
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
Graduates will be able to gain professional working experience in:
- Interior Design & Architectural Firm
- Developer Firm
- Film and Television Organisation
- Construction Firm
Graduates may also venture into other fields of expertise, such as:
- Interior Architect/Designer/Consultant
- Project Manager
- Environmental & Theme Park Design
- Residential Design
- Hospitality & Healthcare Design
- Technical Assistant / Draftsperson
- Site Supervisor
- Lighting & Furniture Design
- Retail & Commercial Design
- Stage, Set & Exhibit Design
Opportunities also exist in support areas including:
- Building Product Marketing & Promotion
- Building Industry Resource-Supplier
- Facilities Management & Development
- 3-D Visualiser