|Approval Code||R2/581/4/0096; 01/2022|
|Subject Area||Interior Architecture|
|Course Duration||2.5 years / 7 semesters (inclusive of 24 weeks Industry Experience / Co-operative Placement)|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and October|
Interior Architecture explores the link between the interior and architecture where interior spaces are inhabited and experienced as works of art that are rich in spatial investigations and interventions. The programme embarks on a revitalisation and enrichment journey through the development of design, conceptual creativity, theory and philosophy of spaces to create exciting and practical environments in which people live, work and play.
The Diploma in Interior Architecture course offered by the School of Architecture and Built Environment is a 2 and a half years programme in the discipline and professional practice of Interior Architecture. The course emphasises on delivering professional standard knowledge impartment, the understanding and skills in resolving and communicating design, technical and constructional drawing, practical and technological skills in its application to Interior Architecture projects.
Students are required to undergo a compulsory Industry Experience attachment for a minimum duration of 6 months , to learn and familiarise themselves with the working environment of the building and construction industry.
The Diploma in Interior Architecture Programme at the School of Architecture and Built Environment treats Interior Architecture as a holistic and multi-disciplinary design education domain which deals with a broad range of places to make a personal statement in the design of an interior. It also promotes a shared understanding of the social and architectural conventions as a common language in the realm of the built environment.
Assessments vary from the list below depending on the course:
- Project critique session.
- In-class assignment.
- Written examination.
- Site investigation / survey.
- Portfolio review.
- Workshop participation.
(Level 3, MQF)
2. Pass Community College Certificate (Level 3 MQF) with CGPA 2.0 in the related field
All applicants must pass Art Education/ Engineering Drawing/ related subject at SPM/O-Level / equivalent
Pass Portfolio Review in replacement of art subject if applicable.
The general rule applies to both local and foreign applicants.
Upon successfully completing the Diploma programme, students will gain:
- Direct entry into Year 2 (semester 3) of Bachelor of Arts (Hons) In Interior Architecture, UCSI University
English Language Requirements
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM or minimum A2 in UEC level or Band 4.0 in IELTS or 397 in TOEFL PBT or 30 in TOEFL IBT or 160 IN CAE or 180 IN CPE or 30 in PTE or MUET Band 2.
- In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level: Minimum Credit – 'C' grade
UEC: Minimum Credit – 'B6' grade
A-Level: Minimum Pass – 'D' grade
Graduates will be able to gain professional working experience in:
- Interior Design & Architectural Firm
- Developer Firm
- Film and Television Organisation
- Construction Firm
Graduates may also venture into other fields of expertise, such as:
- Interior Architect/Designer/Consultant
- Project Manager
- Environmental & Theme Park Design
- Residential Design
- Hospitality & Healthcare Design
- Technical Assistant / Draftsperson
- Site Supervisor
- Lighting & Furniture Design
- Retail & Commercial Design
- Stage, Set & Exhibit Design
Opportunities also exist in support areas including:
- Building Product Marketing & Promotion
- Building Industry Resource-Supplier
- Facilities Management & Development
- 3-D Visualiser
- Technical Mathematics
- Building Construction & Science
- Introduction to Design Principles
- Architecture Drawing I
- Furniture Design
- English Communication
- Interior Architecture Studio 1
- Architecture Drawing II
- Building Construction & Materials
- Architecture History 1
- Architectural Digital Media 1
- Introduction to Writing & Research
- Architectural Digital Media 2
- Furniture Workshop
- Community Architecture
- Interior Architecture Studio 2
- Architecture Drawing III
- Building Construction I
- Architecture History 2
- Interior Architecture Studio 3
- Interior Architecture Technology 2
- Professional Office Practice
- Interior Architecture Research & Dev.
- Working Drawing
Year 3 (**6-months)
- 6 months Industry Experience
- For Malaysian student: Malaysian Studies
- For foreign students: Communication in Bahasa Melayu
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via Diploma in Interior Architecture
|BA (Hons) Interior Architecture||Diploma + 2||Middlesex University||United Kingdom||£ 12000|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.