|Approval Code||N/212/4/0054; 12/2022|
|Classification||Dip Music Performance|
|Subject Area||Music Performance|
|Course Mode||Full Time|
|Course Duration||2.5 years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May, September|
Sharpening your music skills through solo and ensemble training, our programme is suitable for students who are eager to earn an additional qualification while making and learning about music that covers from theory to technology; the various genres ranging from pop and jazz to classical music to cater to your diverse needs.
Towards the end of your diploma, all students would also have to sign off with an internship as preparation and before advancing towards real-world experiences.
Candidates may be admitted into the music programs by meeting BOTH academic and music requirements below:
Candidates must meet either of the following requirements:
MUSIC AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
|Performance Audition (Auditions are conducted at least 1 month before the start of the semester)|
|Aural Diagnostic Test|
|Theory Diagnostic Test|
English Language Requirements
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
For Local Students
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English Language; or a minimum grade of C in SPM English Language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or a minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 of MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum Band 2 in MUET; or minimum score of 4.0 in IELTS; or minimum score of 30 in TOEFL iBT; or minimum score of 36 in Pearson Test of English; or minimum score of 140 in Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests.
- Applicants who have an academic qualification from a higher learning institution which uses the English Language as a medium of instruction may be granted an exemption from the University English Language requirements.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- Choir 1-4 or Orchestra 1-4
- Recital Attendance 1-4
- Masterclass Attendance 1-4
- Theory Rudiments 1-2
- Theory Studies 1-2 or Jazz Theory Studies 1-2
- Aural Training 1-4
- Keyboard Harmony
- Music Listening Skills
- Music in Malaysia – A Survey
- Classical Music Survey or Popular Music and Jazz Survey
- Major Instrument 1-5
- Minor Instrument 1-2
- Introduction to Music Notation and Sequencing
- Introduction to Music Technology
- Performance Skills 1-2
- Chamber Music Ensemble 1-3 or
- Modern Band 1-3
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 1-2
- Professional Skills
- Malaysian Eco-Tourism
- Malaysian Studies or Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.