|Approval Code||R2/010/3/0194; 03/2024|
|Accreditation Code||A 9724|
|Course Duration||1 Year|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
UCSI University’s Foundation in Music is specifically tailored and designed to prepare post-SPM students for UCSI University’s degrees in Classical and Contemporary Music. The three semesters foundation programme includes music core courses as well as general electives for students to choose from. Successful completion of the foundation programme will satisfy all entry requirements and allow for direct entry to the music degree programme outlined here.
Vary from course to course including:
- Written exams.
- Practical performance.
- Recital / master class attendance.
- Project-based coursework.
Candidates may be admitted into the music programs by meeting BOTH academic and music requirements below:
Candidates must meet either of the following requirements:
Passed the music audition
MUSIC AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
|Performance Audition (Auditions are conducted at least 1 month before the start of the semester)|
|Aural Diagnostic Test|
|Theory Diagnostic Test|
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language RequirementsFor Local Students
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English language; or minimum grade of C in SPM English language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 in MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum Band 3 of MUET; or minimum score of 5.0 in IELTS; or minimum score of 42 in TOEFL iBT (500 in PBT); or minimum score of 47 in Pearson Test of English; or minimum score of 154 in Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests.
- Applicants who have an academic qualification from a higher learning institution which uses the English Language as a medium of instruction may be granted an exemption from the University English Language requirements.
- Choir 1-2 OR Orchestra 1-2
- Music Theory Rudiments 1-2
- Music Listening 1-2
- Aural Foundation 1-2
- Experiencing Music
- Introduction to Music Professions
- Major Instrument 1-3
- Minor Instrument 1-3
- Writing for Academic Purposes
- Office Application
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Language and Communication
- Human Communication
- Positive Psychology
- Introduction to Malaysian Studies
- Introduction to Moral Studies
- Fundamentals of Oral Communication
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.