|Approval Code||R2/010/3/0194; 03/2024|
|Accreditation Code||A 9724|
|Course Duration||1 Year|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
UCSI University’s Foundation in Music is specifically tailored and designed to prepare post-SPM students for UCSI University’s degrees in Classical and Contemporary Music. The three semesters foundation programme includes music core courses as well as general electives for students to choose from. Successful completion of the foundation programme will satisfy all entry requirements and allow for direct entry to the music degree programme outlined here.
Vary from course to course including:
- Written exams.
- Practical performance.
- Recital / master class attendance.
- Project-based coursework.
Candidates may be admitted into the music programs by meeting BOTH academic and music requirements below:
Candidates must meet either of the following requirements:
Passed the music audition
MUSIC AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
|Performance Audition (Auditions are conducted at least 1 month before the start of the semester)|
|Aural Diagnostic Test|
|Theory Diagnostic Test|
English Language Requirements
- A score of 500 in Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 5.0 in International Language Testing System (IELTS) or MUET Band 3 or its equivalent
- Candidates from countries that use English as first language are given exemption from requirement (1); or
- Candidates who uses their academic requirement from institutions that uses English as the language of instruction are exempted from requirement (1)
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
- Choir 1-2 OR Orchestra 1-2
- Music Theory Rudiments 1-2
- Musicianship Skills 1-2
- Aural Foundation 1-2
- Experiencing Music
- Introduction to Music Professions
- Major Instrument 1-3
- Minor Instrument 1-3
- Writing for Academic Purposes
- Office Application
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Language and Communication
- Human Communication
- Positive Psychology
- Introduction to Malaysian Studies
- Introduction to Moral Studies
- Fundamentals of Oral Communication
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.