At UCSI University, gearing the curriculum to meet the demands of industry 4.0 is the focus of our newly refreshed strategic plan. For starters, the new programme of Industrial PhD in Engineering will focus on the many disciplines of engineering. With the launching of this programme..., practising engineers in areas related to resource efficiency, automation, big data and the internet of things now have the opportunity to enrol for a PhD study designed to directly involve their existing projects and assignments.
The programme will provide graduates with the ability to carry out advanced research in their various engineering disciplines related to industry 4.0. They will be equipped with the tools and skills to solve complex industrial problems. At the same time, the programme aims to facilitate the discovery of new knowledge which will contribute to the further improvement and enhancement of the industry’s productivity. Better research collaboration between the academia and industry will be the outcome of the programme. The topics chosen for the programme will be crafted to closely address the research and technology needs of the industry. The programme will go a long way in sharpening the innovation capacity of the industry.
- To produce graduates who are competent in developing and executing the kind of industrial research that will transform synthesised knowledge in the relevant field for the benefit of the industry and community
- To produce graduates who are capable of executing independent industrial research professionally and ethically, building the ability to lead / supervise industrial research projects which create win-win partnership between the academia and industry
- To produce graduates who can contribute to the understanding of current industrial issues and technological advancements in engineering, through the effective reporting of research findings to peers at levels suitable for national / international publications, innovation discourse and patenting
Programme Learning Outcomes
At the end of the programme, graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth scholarship of their area of industrial research.
- Contribute to original industrial research to broaden the boundary of knowledge through thesis or dissertation.
- Make critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new ideas for industry.
- Plan and perform independent industrial research undertakings professionally, ethically and responsibly and to lead / supervise industrial research projects at different disciplines.
- Report industrial research findings to peers at levels suitable for international publications, innovation and patenting.
- Recognise the needs for continuing professional development in solving industrial problems.
There is no doubt that the Industrial PhD in Engineering programme at UCSI University will transform the way Industrial PhD candidates are guided in the quest to produce a breed of PhD graduates which will meet the new demands of the merging industrial revolution, the Industry 4.0 which is already upon us.
Master’s Degree (level 7 MQF) in Engineering or in related fields, or its equivalent recognised by the University.
English Language Requirements
- Research Methodology
- Global Management And Business Issues
- Entrepreneurship, Creativity & Innovation
The Industrial PhD in Engineering is a programme that will equip practicing engineers with highly transferable research and managerial skills that help you chart an upward trajectory along your current career. Graduates will have the necessary research skills to succeed in developing technological, innovative and practical engineering solutions in the industry.